PDA

View Full Version : Here's another reason...

Barry Morris
02-01-2016, 10:46 AM
...I'm against the death penalty!!

"End to California Execution Moratorium Raises Controversial Death Penalty Case"

"Man on death row: ‘It’s not my execution, it’s my murder’"

""I am the only person in the history of the state to have five federal circuit judges say that 'the state of California may be about to execute an innocent man,'" Cooper told NBC News"

The Chronic Liar
02-01-2016, 12:42 PM

"End to California Execution Moratorium Raises Controversial Death Penalty Case"

""I am the only person in the history of the state to have five federal circuit judges say that 'the state of California may be about to execute an innocent man,'" Cooper told NBC News"

Is there a link? Sometimes I like reading an entire article. In no way am I suggesting that you didn't pick out the best paragraphs but I would like to see.

Barry Morris
02-01-2016, 02:23 PM
Is there a link? Sometimes I like reading an entire article. In no way am I suggesting that you didn't pick out the best paragraphs but I would like to see.

Darn, I'm sorry about that!! It's on the major news feeds, but I can't recall exactly which one. I'll see.

edit to add:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/end-california-execution-moratorium-raises-controversial-death-penalty-case-n507866

The Chronic Liar
02-01-2016, 02:56 PM
Interesting case that I will look for more on. There is a place for the death penalty but in a case such as this I think the issue is getting a fair trial and holding prosecutors accountable for withholding evidence or the tampering of evidence.

8th
02-01-2016, 03:12 PM
http://www.sfgate.com/opinion/saunders/article/Kevin-Cooper-is-still-guilty-that-s-a-Death-6404291.php

The Chronic Liar
02-01-2016, 04:10 PM
I noticed with the Steven Avery case that people want him set free. The problem with that is he may stilk be guilty. Give them a fair trial with all the evidence and then live with the outcome.

Anapeg
02-01-2016, 04:34 PM
Interesting case that I will look for more on. There is a place for the death penalty but in a case such as this I think the issue is getting a fair trial and holding prosecutors accountable for withholding evidence or the tampering of evidence.

I believe if someone, anyone is not honest and it leads to an unwarranted death penalty, the dishonest individuals life is forfeit as well. An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.

Anapeg
02-01-2016, 04:35 PM
I noticed with the Steven Avery case that people want him set free. The problem with that is he may stilk be guilty. Give them a fair trial with all the evidence and then live with the outcome.

Or die with the outcome as the case may be.

Anapeg
02-01-2016, 04:39 PM

"I am the only person in the history of the state to have five federal circuit judges say that 'the state of California may be about to execute an innocent man,'" Cooper told NBC News"

Were you able to speak with each and every individual sent to their death each, in turn, would almost certainly speak to their being not guilty with few exceptions.

The Chronic Liar
02-01-2016, 04:45 PM
Or die with the outcome as the case may be.

Yup unfortunately the case which is why, like you said, anyone caught purposely withholding evidence should be dealt with accordingly.

The Chronic Liar
02-01-2016, 04:46 PM
Back to the Steven Avery case, how much of this would have been avoided had a police department who is getting sued for 36 million dollars by the accused just stayed away from the case?

A fair trial would mean tossing any evidence that arose from their involvement.

KDawg
02-01-2016, 09:32 PM
Back to the Steven Avery case, how much of this would have been avoided had a police department who is getting sued for 36 million dollars by the accused just stayed away from the case?

A fair trial would mean tossing any evidence that arose from their involvement.
I watched the Steven Avery documentary too - it was pretty riveting. It seems like Avery and his nephew were set up, for sure. This guy thinks it was someone else, not the local police who were responsible...

http://coldcasecameron.com/