PDA

View Full Version : Low Voter Turnout

IMHO
02-02-2016, 10:20 AM
Only about one quarter of the eligible voters in ward two exercised their right. Perhaps the fact that there were 9 candidates was a bit much and overwhelming? At least 2 of those candidates did not live in the ward.
Imagine what the vote might have been if people could vote on their computers from the comfort of their own living room. It is time to go modern.

RWGR
02-02-2016, 10:23 AM
I think there's still too many unknown variables as far as potential election fraud goes to start voting from our computers and iphones just yet.

The Chronic Liar
02-02-2016, 10:43 AM
Only about one quarter of the eligible voters in ward two exercised their right. Perhaps the fact that there were 9 candidates was a bit much and overwhelming? At least 2 of those candidates did not live in the ward.
Imagine what the vote might have been if people could vote on their computers from the comfort of their own living room. It is time to go modern.

Democracy is just so inconvenient.

Anapeg
02-02-2016, 10:46 AM
Great idea that is as yet all but impossible to police. An observation, I am very near the point where I cease voting myself. I come from a time when a person stood by their platform and voted the will of the majority. This is no longer true, be it local, provincial, or National. They vote either party line or to their own liking. The individual was not voted in office to do his own bidding rather the bidding of the electorate. I have been disenchanted for a while and find myself completely losing interest at this point. I am quite sure I am not alone in this.

IMHO
02-02-2016, 10:54 AM
Great idea that is as yet all but impossible to police. An observation, I am very near the point where I cease voting myself. I come from a time when a person stood by their platform and voted the will of the majority. This is no longer true, be it local, provincial, or National. They vote either party line or to their own liking. The individual was not voted in office to do his own bidding rather the bidding of the electorate. I have been disenchanted for a while and find myself completely losing interest at this point. I am quite sure I am not alone in this.

I believe they call that voter apathy and it is continuing to grow. Many of us have lost the faith and feel our vote makes no difference. Politicians in some cases are beneath used car salesmen when it comes to the trust issue.

The Chronic Liar
02-02-2016, 10:57 AM
I believe they call that voter apathy and it is continuing to grow. Many of us have lost the faith and feel our vote makes no difference. Politicians in some cases are beneath used car salesmen when it comes to the trust issue.

Lies. It's just pure laziness. People are just making up excuses because they are too lazy to leave their house to vote.

Anapeg
02-02-2016, 04:58 PM
Lies. It's just pure laziness. People are just making up excuses because they are too lazy to leave their house to vote.

Horse hockey! The people elected have lost sight of the reason for being voted into office was to do the bidding of the people, not line their own bloody pockets and advance their buddies businesses.

The Chronic Liar
02-02-2016, 05:19 PM
Horse hockey! The people elected have lost sight of the reason for being voted into office was to do the bidding of the people, not line their own bloody pockets and advance their buddies businesses.

Greed is in all of us. These folks being elected are the "the people"

Anapeg
02-02-2016, 09:05 PM
Greed is in all of us. These folks being elected are the "the people"

Those who are elected owe a fiduciary duty to those who elected them into their position. This has been the accepted norm in the past and we have deviated from this to a point where we, the electorate are at their mercy.

blueboy
02-07-2016, 09:31 PM
shinnie got 30 votes HAHAHAHAHAHA

Barry Morris
02-07-2016, 10:01 PM
shinnie got 30 votes HAHAHAHAHAHA

And money won.

riggs
02-08-2016, 12:56 AM

Even from the comfort of my sofa, I wouldn't have cast a vote to fill the vacancy in Ward 2. I believe they have little impact and the money could have been put to better use. Hopefully one day they reduce the amount of councilors even if it means restructuring the wards.

The Chronic Liar
02-08-2016, 08:52 AM
And money won.

If money is another word for sanity. I understand why one person here wouldn't recognize that. I won't name names though.