PDA

View Full Version : Help steel

Hans
02-03-2016, 07:08 PM
https://www.sootoday.com/local-news/orazietti-gathers-reporters-into-cramped-room-193056

Sign the petition, let them know you care.

KDawg
02-03-2016, 07:40 PM
Why doesn't Orazietti concentrate on overturning what his own government has done to drive business out of Ontario, like PROHIBITIVE ENERGY COSTS?

It's easy to grandstand and blame others. What a flake.

Anapeg
02-03-2016, 08:34 PM
People have lamented that Canada does not stand true with others on making our country green. You are all wrong. How many steel mills, foundery's and such have closed in Canada since the early 60's? That is making us greener as we speak. ESSAR will be yet another notch in their gun soon enough.

IMHO
02-03-2016, 08:49 PM
David O should have enough on his plate trying to FIX Ontario. When he gets us back to growing again...perhaps then he can look at FEDERAL issues. Where is Mr Sheehan in all of this? Is he going to be as quiet as his predecessor?

blueboy
02-09-2016, 08:54 AM
Essar will be down in may

Barry Morris
02-09-2016, 09:14 AM
Essar will be down in may

I think I've heard that before.

IMHO
02-09-2016, 10:25 AM
The "plant" has survived for years. When I was a kid I heard it would close...soon. The steel industry is going through truly tough times now...no thanks to Mr, Orazietti and the feds. When Mr O and his cronnies have "fixed" Ontario...perhaps I will listen to them. If Mr O had any real care about this community he would quit the Libs and sit as an independent.

The Chronic Liar
02-09-2016, 10:34 AM
The "plant" has survived for years. When I was a kid I heard it would close...soon. The steel industry is going through truly tough times now...no thanks to Mr, Orazietti and the feds. When Mr O and his cronnies have "fixed" Ontario...perhaps I will listen to them. If Mr O had any real care about this community he would quit the Libs and sit as an independent.

How would sitting as an independent help?

IMHO
02-09-2016, 11:47 AM
How would sitting as an independent help?

It would show us that he disagrees with the Wynne policies. I find it hard to believe that David truly endorses what she stands for.

The Chronic Liar
02-09-2016, 12:20 PM
It would show us that he disagrees with the Wynne policies. I find it hard to believe that David truly endorses what she stands for.

If an 8 year old is told to clean their room or they won't get a snack, the kid can scream and stomp to show his displeasure at the stipulations. He still ain't getting a snack and now he pissed off the one in charge.

The Chronic Liar
02-09-2016, 12:27 PM
⬆What a fantastic way to add life to a great point.

IMHO
02-09-2016, 01:04 PM
No wonder threads disappear.

The Chronic Liar
02-09-2016, 02:20 PM
No wonder threads disappear.

Because people with low intelligence miss a point that was relevant to the topic and then throw hissy fits when they miss the point. If you missed it, what I was saying is some actions that show displeasure do nothing except show that you're displeased. I asked you what changing to an independent would do and you said it would show displeasure. That's not enough to change anything. Naturally all you took from it was a literal mother withholding a literal snack from their literal brat child.

Feel free to answer the original question of what would David O changing to an independent do to help the community other than show that he is unhappy. He is with the government in power.

Anapeg
02-09-2016, 03:36 PM

He is giving little thought to Wynne and more to his future. He does not see himself staying the status quo, rather moving eventually to Ottawa. He will say and do whatever he sees as guaranteeing him the ticket to go. He will never ruffle the feathers of the governmental hand that feeds him.

The Chronic Liar
02-09-2016, 03:41 PM
He will never ruffle the feathers of the governmental hand that feeds him.

Most likely correct

IMHO
02-09-2016, 04:55 PM
He is giving little thought to Wynne and more to his future. He does not see himself staying the status quo, rather moving eventually to Ottawa. He will say and do whatever he sees as guaranteeing him the ticket to go. He will never ruffle the feathers of the governmental hand that feeds him.

I agree...AND...the smell of that pension is just around the corner...he has put in his time.

Anapeg
02-09-2016, 06:01 PM
I agree...AND...the smell of that pension is just around the corner...he has put in his time.

Excellent point. Those bloody pensions for life after six years service, is it not?

KDawg
02-09-2016, 06:29 PM
Make no mistake.. David O. Is part of the Liberal machine that has destroyed the economy of this province and he went into politics knowing exactly what he was doing.

IMHO
02-09-2016, 06:38 PM
Make no mistake.. David O. Is part of the Liberal machine that has destroyed the economy of this province and he went into politics knowing exactly what he was doing.

There is a Liberal by election in S Ontario. Can the LIBS possibly take that seat with what they have done to this province?

KDawg
02-09-2016, 07:11 PM
There is a Liberal by election in S Ontario. Can the LIBS possibly take that seat with what they have done to this province?
I didn't think they would end up with a majority last time, so what do I know? People love their freebies and no further thought is required.