PDA

View Full Version : The Tall Ships s are not sailing to the Soo

IMHO
02-04-2016, 10:24 PM
City council has decided that 65 grand is too much of a gamble and have turned down an offer for the ships to come here next summer. Interesting....considering they thought nothing of endorsing the EDC gamble on supporting Searchmont...or 15 grand for a dilapidated Norgoma...or over 3 million to narrow Bay Street. I thought some of these new YOUNGER councillors would be a bit more progressive.The Tall ships would be a great draw and money well spent.

The Chronic Liar
02-04-2016, 10:45 PM
City council has decided that 65 grand is too much of a gamble and have turned down an offer for the ships to come here next summer. Interesting....considering they thought nothing of endorsing the EDC gamble on supporting Searchmont...or 15 grand for a dilapidated Norgoma...or over 3 million to narrow Bay Street. I thought some of these new YOUNGER councillors would be a bit more progressive.The Tall ships would be a great draw and money well spent.

I see nothing wrong with the decision. It's during Rotaryfest and if they can get the Rotary to do it, win-win for them. They already have 4 major events going this summer for Canada's 150th, why would they spend that while all the Rotary events are going. The ships came 3 years ago so it's not a major blow.

BFLPE
02-05-2016, 02:33 AM
They already have 4 major events going this summer for Canada's 150th...Cart before horse or am I missing something?

The Chronic Liar
02-05-2016, 09:43 AM
Oops. Cart before horse. Next summer. I would rather see the warship that may come with the the tall ships.

Anapeg
02-05-2016, 02:44 PM
School me please, just what would our city gain for their $65,000.00 tax payers dollars? All I have heard to date has been maybe's and could be's but nothing firm. I have never taken advantage of any of this kind of thing due to a lack of interest and can't imagine anyone might travel any distance to simply look at something.

The Chronic Liar
02-05-2016, 02:47 PM
School me please, just what would our city gain for their $65,000.00 tax payers dollars? All I have heard to date has been maybe's and could be's but nothing firm. I have never taken advantage of any of this kind of thing due to a lack of interest and can't imagine anyone might travel any distance to simply look at something.

I would bet a thanksgiving can of Fancy Feast that the majority of the people complaining did no go last time and would not go this time.

Anapeg
02-05-2016, 03:00 PM
I would bet a thanksgiving can of Fancy Feast that the majority of the people complaining did no go last time and would not go this time.

Of this, there is little doubt. This has what to do with the price of tea in China? What and where is the gain, if any, to our fair city?

blueboy
02-05-2016, 06:22 PM
Idiots

Barry Morris
02-05-2016, 06:33 PM
Idiots

A veritable fountain of eloquence!!!!

Anapeg
02-07-2016, 02:51 PM
A veritable fountain of eloquence!!!!

I guess we will never know whom he was addressing.