PDA

View Full Version : "You should be very worried and you should be prepared"

RWGR
02-15-2016, 06:51 PM
Famed investor Jim Rogers is warning that financial Armageddon is just around the corner, and it's being fueled by moronic central bankers

"We're all going to pay a horrible price for the incompetence of these central bankers," he said Monday in a TV interview with CNNMoney's Nina dos Santos. "We got a bunch of academics and bureaucrats who don't have a clue what they're doing."

The Singapore-based American investor said central bankers are doing everything they can to prop up financial markets, but it's all for naught. He predicts their unconventional monetary strategies will lead to a stock market rally in the near future, but deep trouble later this year and into 2017.

"This is going to be a disaster in the end," he said. "You should be very worried and you should be prepared."

http://money.cnn.com/2016/02/15/investing/jim-rogers-central-banks-stock-markets/index.html

RWGR
02-15-2016, 06:54 PM
Global markets have crashed into bear market territory. A cocktail of fears, including the collapsing price of oil, the creaking health of the world's biggest banks and China’s competence in managing its economic slowdown, have ignited fears that investor panic may lead the world into a new downturn.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/12149894/Mapped-Why-negative-interest-rates-herald-new-danger-for-the-world.html

BFLPE
02-15-2016, 08:23 PM
Lot's of stuff will be going on sale, good times for us who are positioned for it.

IMHO
02-15-2016, 10:04 PM
it is the destruction of the world as we know it caused by greed.

Barry Morris
02-15-2016, 10:20 PM
"It can't happen here!"

Hans
02-16-2016, 06:21 AM
They will just print more money, give it to the banks as bailouts, and all will be well again 6 months later.
The only way to stop this is to let all these large corporations go bankrupt and let the free market sort it out.

RWGR
02-16-2016, 11:51 AM
"It can't happen here!"

Not sure who you're quoting.

You see, non-radicals can look at events, even worrisome ones, and not automatically believe it is God sending in the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Can The End happen today? Sure. But to look at every event as some proof your un-theological and un-biblical beliefs are being brought to fruition is merely the actions of a desperate man guided by poor theology and catechesis in eschatological matters.

Barry Morris
02-16-2016, 04:55 PM
Not sure who you're quoting.

You see, non-radicals can look at events, even worrisome ones, and not automatically believe it is God sending in the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Can The End happen today? Sure. But to look at every event as some proof your un-theological and un-biblical beliefs are being brought to fruition is merely the actions of a desperate man guided by poor theology and catechesis in eschatological matters.

I'm actually quoting you, RWGR.

RWGR
02-16-2016, 05:36 PM
Source? Link?

And my response wasn't to that quote, but to your never-ending quest to make contemporary events fit your misguided beliefs.

Barry Morris
02-16-2016, 08:33 PM
Source? Link?

And my response wasn't to that quote, but to your never-ending quest to make contemporary events fit your misguided beliefs.

The problem remains, of course, that you don't actually know what my beliefs are.

Hans
02-16-2016, 08:59 PM
I think that is a problem you are facing yourself.

Barry Morris
02-16-2016, 09:47 PM
I think that is a problem you are facing yourself.

Guys like you look at Christians and think, "This is what he believes".

You don't bother to make sure.

I'm not stuck in a denominational box like some.

RWGR
02-17-2016, 08:10 AM
Guys like you look at Christians and think, "This is what he believes".

You don't bother to make sure.

I'm not stuck in a denominational box like some.

Instead, he's a hodgepodge of pseudo-theology. That is why he makes such little sense on important Christian matters.

Barry Morris
02-17-2016, 08:43 AM
Instead, he's a hodgepodge of pseudo-theology. That is why he makes such little sense on important Christian matters.

I use the bible. You use your denomination.

Not making sense to you is not an issue to me.

RWGR
02-17-2016, 09:05 AM
My "denomination" created the Bible you (think) you use.

you've backed yourself into a corner, yet again.

Barry Morris
02-17-2016, 10:41 AM
My "denomination" created the Bible you (think) you use.

you've backed yourself into a corner, yet again.

No, it didn't actually. I suppose Webster might claim he created the english language, but the Oxford folk wouldn't be so arrogant.

Lance1
02-17-2016, 10:55 AM
As the U.S crash of 2008 has taught us , you can get out of any problem if you keep the money printing presses running 24/7. If a bank is in trouble just give them a couple of hundred billion to hold them over . We have lots of paper and ink.

Not sure why they never thought of it during The Wall Street Crash of 1929 . Back then you had to have gold to back your currency but not now.

At one time manufacturing of goods was the #1 money making business , now it's invisible paper shuffling like banking, stock, and insurance . Nothing you can acually see and put your hands on.

RWGR
02-17-2016, 11:13 AM
No, it didn't actually. I suppose Webster might claim he created the english language, but the Oxford folk wouldn't be so arrogant.

I didn't say the RCC wrote the books, I said it created the Bible. Of that there is no doubt, regardless of your hodgepodge theology.

RWGR
02-17-2016, 11:16 AM
As the U.S crash of 2008 has taught us , you can get out of any problem if you keep the money printing presses running 24/7. If a bank is in trouble just give them a couple of hundred billion to hold them over . We have lots of paper and ink.

Not sure why they never thought of it during The Wall Street Crash of 1929 . Back then you had to have gold to back your currency but not now.

At one time manufacturing of goods was the #1 money making business , now it's invisible paper shuffling like banking, stock, and insurance . Nothing you can acually see and put your hands on.

You can't just print money when you feel like it. That leads to hyperinflation. That's why the USD was worth 4,000,000,000,000 Marks in pre-WWII Germany at one time.

Barry Morris
02-17-2016, 11:35 AM
I didn't say the RCC wrote the books, I said it created the Bible. Of that there is no doubt, regardless of your hodgepodge theology.

Created. You can fudge what you mean all day long.

RWGR
02-17-2016, 11:37 AM
As any barely-educated person knows, the RCC created the Bible by choosing which books went in it.

Hmmm, I think I see why we're stuck here ...

Barry Morris
02-17-2016, 03:49 PM
As any barely-educated person knows, the RCC created the Bible by choosing which books went in it.

Hmmm, I think I see why we're stuck here ...

Including some poor choices.

RWGR
02-17-2016, 04:44 PM
You know the passage that says woe to those who add or subtract from this book? That was in The Book for 1,200 years before Luther did his manicuring of The Book.

So for your theology to be true it should read "Woe to those who add or subtract from this book after it is 1,300-years-old"

What a mess you've created.

Barry Morris
02-17-2016, 05:03 PM
Take it elsewhere.

http://www.soonet.ca/showthread.php?53456-The-Bible-and-the-RCC&p=773771#post773771

RWGR
02-17-2016, 05:59 PM
Take it elsewhere.

http://www.soonet.ca/showthread.php?53456-The-Bible-and-the-RCC&p=773771#post773771

awwww...looks who is trying to play Mod again!! :) :) :)

Barry Morris
02-17-2016, 11:43 PM
awwww...looks who is trying to play Mod again!! :) :) :)

Not like trying to play man.

RWGR
02-18-2016, 08:17 AM
Not like trying to play man.

I'm sure your record is just as poor at that one, too :) :) :)

Barry Morris
02-18-2016, 09:21 AM
I'm sure your record is just as poor at that one, too

The humor is in watching some try to prove it.

I have no need. :) :)

RWGR
02-18-2016, 09:23 AM
No doubt! :) :) :)