PDA

View Full Version : More than 20,000 sign petition to allow guns at Republican National Convention

Hans
03-26-2016, 10:34 PM
A petition to allow firearms inside the Republican National Convention in Cleveland has collected more than 22,000 signatures as of Saturday afternoon.

"Though Ohio is an open carry state, which allows for the open carry of guns, the hosting venue — the Quicken Loans Arena — strictly forbids the carry of firearms on their premises," the petition says.
The petition's author, who is identified as "N A," asks the three remaining GOP candidates to ask the Republican National Committee to advocate for changes to this policy.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/26/politics/guns-petition-republican-national-convention/index.html

For some reason I think this would not be a good idea...

Barry Morris
03-26-2016, 11:40 PM
Criminals carry guns.

Why can't law abiding citizens??

Hans
03-27-2016, 12:03 AM
Carrying guns at a large public gathering is just not a smart idea.
It is a nightmare for security services, and one shot can result in a massacre.

Reckidecky
03-28-2016, 12:43 PM
The way politicians have been fleecing the American people, could it be they are feeling a bit edgy, helpless and somewhat exposed, with respect to being unarmed out in public and at a large venue?

Barry Morris
03-28-2016, 01:53 PM
Carrying guns at a large public gathering is just not a smart idea.
It is a nightmare for security services, and one shot can result in a massacre.

Explain how to disarm criminals.

Hans
03-28-2016, 09:52 PM
Barry, I fail to see what that has to do with carrying guns at large public gatherings.
Are you saying you would support carrying guns at an Essar center hockey game if local laws would allow a citizen to publicly carry a gun? If so, what would be the logical reason for it? How much safer would you feel in such a condition versus not being allowed to carry guns inside the Essar center?

Barry Morris
03-28-2016, 10:46 PM
Barry, I fail to see what that has to do with carrying guns at large public gatherings.
Are you saying you would support carrying guns at an Essar center hockey game if local laws would allow a citizen to publicly carry a gun? If so, what would be the logical reason for it? How much safer would you feel in such a condition versus not being allowed to carry guns inside the Essar center?

How much safer would I feel?? Lots. A criminal would not get off more than one shot.

Logic dictates that, since any criminal can carry a weapon, there is no reason at all for a law abiding citizen to avail himself of whatever protection is available.

Over 60,000 signers now.

From a site "Ohio being one of the 31 states where you don’t need a permit or license to carry a firearm out in the open."

Since you are so scared of weapons, how come Ohio doesn't have people dying everywhere?? I note that most of the latest massacres occurred in states that have gun restrictions. Didn't help much.

Hans
03-28-2016, 11:20 PM
So you prefer to carry a gun around all day long, "just in case"?

Barry Morris
03-28-2016, 11:24 PM
So you prefer to carry a gun around all day long, "just in case"?

Don't you lock your car, "just in case"??

Hans
03-28-2016, 11:40 PM
Your insurance company will be happy to hear you lock your car.
Your insurance company will not be happy to hear you carry a gun around everywhere "just in case".

Try it, let us know what they say.

Barry Morris
03-29-2016, 12:23 AM
Your insurance company will be happy to hear you lock your car.
Your insurance company will not be happy to hear you carry a gun around everywhere "just in case".

Try it, let us know what they say.

My insurance company, which will have a MUCH bigger payout to make than any car claim if I die, won't be happy???

Whatever you say.