PDA

View Full Version : Assume da Position, EH!!

RWGR
04-24-2016, 01:26 PM
Black Canadians are jailed more than their white counterparts and part of the issue is that Canadians donít believe they have a race problem. They stay silent on the issue.

http://atlantablackstar.com/2016/04/23/the-cost-of-multiculturalism-canadians-turn-blind-eye-to-race-despite-a-staggering-black-incarceration-rate/

But it's a tolerant and compassionate silence

Anapeg
04-24-2016, 03:23 PM
"Torontoist reports African-Canadians account for 10 percent of the federal prison population even though they only make up 3 percent of the general population. A similar statistic rings true for American prisons. Blacks make up 37 percent of the prison population and 13 percent of the general U.S. population".
Interesting, not surprising but interesting none the less. Are the discrepancies pointed out are more indicative of living standards and life choices rather than any bigotry of either political system?
As to whether if be an indictment on our school systems or an actually oppressive-societal standard, or, in point of fact a bigoted judicial system is worth pondering. Then we need question ourselves, can we, or do we truly want to initiate change?
Whites have historically shown little interest in changing something that is not seen in their eyes as a problem or a hindrance. We tend to view this as less a problem for us and more requiring improvement from within those nonwhite communities. Absolving ourselves of any wrongdoing. Oh, RWGR, it is not the sole domain of Canadians either. Just so you are aware.

riggs
04-24-2016, 04:59 PM
"Torontoist reports African-Canadians account for 10 percent of the federal prison population even though they only make up 3 percent of the general population. A similar statistic rings true for American prisons. Blacks make up 37 percent of the prison population and 13 percent of the general U.S. population".
Interesting, not surprising but interesting none the less. Are the discrepancies pointed out are more indicative of living standards and life choices rather than any bigotry of either political system?
As to whether if be an indictment on our school systems or an actually oppressive-societal standard, or, in point of fact a bigoted judicial system is worth pondering. Then we need question ourselves, can we, or do we truly want to initiate change?
Whites have historically shown little interest in changing something that is not seen in their eyes as a problem or a hindrance. We tend to view this as less a problem for us and more requiring improvement from within those nonwhite communities. Absolving ourselves of any wrongdoing. Oh, RWGR, it is not the sole domain of Canadians either. Just so you are aware.

Hasn't this been a well known fact in North America for a decade or more?

KDawg
04-24-2016, 07:50 PM
I guess we should have quotas.

Early release for black offenders maybe. Or just no punishment for offenders once the quota is reached.

With the mentality of 'we must find a way to blame the white man' they will never address the problems that lead to higher rates of crime and the disproportionate trends will continue.

If the blacks think they have it rough they should check out the rate of incarceration of aboriginals.
This should be the real question... Are blacks or aboriginals actually committing the crimes that put them in jail? Or are they victims of a corrupt justice system?

Barry Morris
04-24-2016, 10:04 PM
This should be the real question... Are blacks or aboriginals actually committing the crimes that put them in jail? Or are they victims of a corrupt justice system?

The question in my mind is, is a justice system corrupt that allows those with more money to avoid incarceration??

riggs
04-24-2016, 11:52 PM
The question in my mind is, is a justice system corrupt that allows those with more money to avoid incarceration??

Money, power and status has dictated a different outcome for years. We've seen it nationally, internationally and recently locally with fraud. Those decisions lack fairness, equality, balance and justice. Everything the system was originally designed to represent.

Anapeg
04-25-2016, 08:22 PM
Hasn't this been a well-known fact in North America for a decade or more?

I believe I first heard of it in a documentary some 20 years ago now.

Anapeg
04-25-2016, 08:23 PM

To simply question this is nothing if not redundant. Privilege is exercised daily.