PDA

View Full Version : The right to sue the big boys.

Barry Morris
05-06-2016, 11:52 PM
Well, here's another law from that evil Obama that the republicans will have to reverse.

"President Obama Restores Consumerís Rights To Sue The Big Banks For Misconduct, Cracks Down On Tax Evasion"

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2016/05/05/president-obama-restores-consumers-rights-to-sue-the-big-banks-for-misconduct-cracks-down-on-tax-evasion/

Unless this is another fake??

RWGR
05-07-2016, 07:20 AM
"addicting info"

Why can't Barry ever post from CNN? Or Fox? or CBC?

He goes to all these whacked-out sites, made for kooks and conspiracy theor...

...oh, wait...forget it

RWGR
05-07-2016, 07:22 AM
And check out the unbiased site he referenced this time:

Site Description

Political knowledge and news, shared by moderates, independents, and people on the left. Our goal is to be a resource to discredit right-wing lies, myths, and talking points.

RWGR
05-07-2016, 07:26 AM
I'm seeing an increadingly problematic trend in political reporting lately.

And the thing is...it's not coming from the right this time.

It's come from the left. The liberals. "Our side."

As it happens, this site is one I've dealt with before - addictinginfo.org, run by a guy who calls himself "Matthew Desmond." I first ran across Matthew when he was relentlessly comment-spamming one of his groups on Facebook. For a while, it seemed like you could not find a single entry on any liberal-interest Facebook wall that didn't include spam from Matthew Desmond.

I blocked him and reported him for spam, and he rolled a new account, and this happened several times until he finally got the idea. He still sends me friend requests, as recently as a couple of weeks ago.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/7/1/990532/-

RWGR
05-07-2016, 07:31 AM
I swear, it would be more difficult to take on a child than it is to take on Barry.

It simply boggles the mind, how easy he is to shoot down and refute.

Barry Morris
05-08-2016, 02:18 PM
I swear, it would be more difficult to take on a child than it is to take on Barry.

It simply boggles the mind, how easy he is to shoot down and refute.

Refute??

Where??

All you did was "shoot the messenger"

You refuted nothing.

Barry Morris
05-08-2016, 02:23 PM
"None of this is as dramatic or easy to explain as a few CEOs being dragged off in handcuffs, but it adds up to a big agenda that — if sustained by the next administration — could do a lot to cut into the size of the American financial sector."

"Today comes a new Consumer Financial Protection Bureau rule restoring customers' right to sue banks for misconduct, following announcements in April of new rules on tax inversions and financial advising, along with hints of a substantial crackdown on shell companies."

http://www.vox.com/2016/4/7/11381114/obama-bank-size

Curious. Is this all a lie?? I would not expect the mainstream media to report this, but you'd think there would be someone out there to ACTUALLY refute it!!!

RWGR
05-08-2016, 06:48 PM
Refute??

Where??

All you did was "shoot the messenger"

You refuted nothing.

Tell me, why do you go to such obscure sites for your 'news'?

That's a rhetorical question. We all know why: because they are the only sites that support your whacked-out ideas

Barry Morris
05-08-2016, 08:46 PM
Once again, no refutation.

It would be so simple for someone of your skills.

I don't "go" to those websites, they pop up on Shaw.

RWGR
05-09-2016, 02:56 PM
And your common sense doesn't issue a warning as to the legitimacy of such sites?

Barry Morris
05-09-2016, 04:41 PM
And your common sense doesn't issue a warning as to the legitimacy of such sites?

Perhaps. Which is why I used the word "fake".

But I think this one might help.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory/consumer-watchdog-proposes-ban-arbitration-clauses-38891381

"... customers are generally required to take any disputes with a bank to a third-party mediator instead of going to court.

The nation's top consumer financial regulator wants to put a stop to that. The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau proposed a rule Thursday that would ban arbitration clauses,... "

And from the first site, "...force the biggest financial institutions to backtrack on a secret clause hidden in contracts that hinders arbitration from consumers who feel they are victims from credit and banking misconduct."

RWGR
05-09-2016, 04:56 PM
Well isn't that refreshing...a legitimate news site that isn't some hack site on the fringe of some political ideology.

See, I knew you could do it!!

Who has got his 'big boy' pants on??? BM has his big boy pants on!!!

Errr...tell me you have pants on ...

...for the love of all that is good, TELL ME YOU HAVE PANTS ON!!!!!!!

Barry Morris
05-09-2016, 05:09 PM
Goodness, I'm so happy that you finally accept the veracity of ONE website!!!

Man, I thought I'd have to search all the RC sites for a link you might believe!!!

As to my pants, I know why you want to know. :) :) :)

RWGR
05-09-2016, 06:19 PM
Just wondering if three inches in Canada is really three inches :) :) :)

RWGR
05-09-2016, 06:21 PM
Man, I thought I'd have to search all the RC sites for a link you might believe!!!

Those would contain truth, something you've proven time and again you're not real interested in.

Anapeg
05-09-2016, 06:24 PM
Just wondering if three inches in Canada is really three inches :) :) :)

As with the gallon, no.

Barry Morris
05-09-2016, 11:58 PM
As with the gallon, no.

Thanks, Anapeg.

Of course, the mathematically deficient won't get it.

Barry Morris
05-10-2016, 12:00 AM
Those would contain truth, something you've proven time and again you're not real interested in.

As usual, something you could not prove.

Seems you have learned something from your history. Like american media, if you scream something long and loud enough, some suckers begin to believe it.

RWGR
05-11-2016, 12:56 PM
Wow, pot meet kettle!

RWGR
05-11-2016, 12:57 PM
Thanks, Anapeg.

Of course, the mathematically deficient won't get it.

No worries, BM, we'll go slow for you :) :) :)

Barry Morris
05-11-2016, 01:05 PM
Yup, didn't get it.

Never could'a been a math teacher.

RWGR
05-11-2016, 02:01 PM
That's okay, the world needs janitors, too! :) :) :)

Barry Morris
05-11-2016, 03:02 PM
Well, considering all the stuff they want to blame on Obama, in the same way, I really didn't think much of it.

Barry Morris
05-11-2016, 03:03 PM
That's okay, the world needs janitors, too! :) :) :)

I KNEW you couldn't be a teacher!!!

RWGR
05-11-2016, 03:41 PM
Awww, someone is tired of installing stereos!!