PDA

View Full Version : Yesterday: a Hippie; Today: A Minister

RWGR
05-07-2016, 06:46 AM
Protestantism in America has become the voice of the sixties radicals calling for peace and justice. The present leaders in many Protestant denominations are the very ones protesting the Vietnam war, justice, and calling for a freer sexual lifestyle. They were called the “Hippies.” Sadly they have not gone away, they just have gotten older.

Today, these liberal Protestant leaders claim that abortion is an issue of women’s health. The truth is that abortion is a convenient way to eliminate mistakes and unwanted disruptions to life. They have turned a blind eye to the truth that the baby in the womb is a human baby, made in the image of God, from the moment of conception. These apostate Christian leaders will be held accountable for their actions when they are make to bow at the feet of Jesus Christ.

Some of these Protestant leaders have successfully lobbied for church offering dollars to go to men and women who want transgendered assignment surgery.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/opinion/the-all-too-silent-voice-of-the-protestant-church

Yesterday, as hippies, that pushed back against rules and conformity, and looked to do it their way...they'll make the rules.

Today, as Protestant ministers, they push back against the rules and conformity associated with the Church Jesus founded, the Catholic Church, and do it their way...they'll make the rules.

The Sixties Hippies have become today's Protestant ministers.

Please, tell me you're not surprised.

Barry Morris
05-08-2016, 09:09 AM
Jesus Christ founded the Catholic church.

The Roman Catholic Church did not appear till 300 years later.

I realize it is convenient for you to put all non-Catholic Christian churches in the same box, but that would not be the truth.

RWGR
05-08-2016, 11:42 AM
The Catholic Church began with Peter the first pope.

Sorry. I know that upsets your Protestant sensibilities...

...hey, I thought you were ignoring me???

Because of this response, our Lord said to St. Peter, "You are 'Rock,' and on this rock I will build My Church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it." The name change itself from Simon to Peter indicates the Apostle being called to a special role of leadership; recall how Abram's name was changed to Abraham, or Jacob's to Israel, or Saul's to Paul, when each of them was called to assume a special role of leadership among God's people.

The word "rock" also has special significance. On one hand, to be called "rock" was a Semitic expression designating the solid foundation upon which a community would be built. For instance, Abraham was considered "rock" because he was the father of the Jewish people (and we refer to him as our father in faith) and the one with whom the covenant was first made.

On the other hand, no one except God was called specifically "rock," nor was it ever used as a proper name except for God. To give the name "rock" to St. Peter indicates that our Lord entrusted to him a special authority. Some antipapal parties try to play linguistic games with the original Greek Gospel text, where the masculine-gender word "petros," meaning a small, moveable rock, refers to St. Peter while the feminine-gender word "petra," meaning a massive, immoveable rock, refers to the foundation of the Church. However, in the original Aramaic language, which is what Jesus spoke and which is believed to be the original language of St. Matthew's Gospel, the word "Kepha," meaning rock, would be used in both places without gender distinction or difference in meaning. The gender problem arises when translating from Aramaic to Greek and using the proper form to modify the masculine word "Peter" or feminine word "Church."

"The gates of hell" is also an interesting Semitic expression. The heaviest forces were positioned at gates; so this expression captures the greatest warmaking power of a nation. Here this expression refers to the powers opposed to what our Lord is establishing-the Church. (A similar expression is used in reference to our Lord in Acts 2:24: "God freed Him from the bitter pangs of hell, however, and raised Him up again, for it was impossible that death should keep its hold on Him.") Jesus associated St. Peter and his office so closely with Himself that He became a visible force protecting the Church and keeping back the power of hell.

Second, Jesus says, "I will entrust to you the keys of the kingdom of heaven." In the Old Testament, the "number two" person in the Kingdom literally held the keys. In Isaiah 22: 19-22 we find a reference to Eliakim, the master of the palace of King Hezekiah (2 Kings 18:17ff) and keeper of the keys. As a sign of his position, the one who held the keys represented the king, acted with his authority and had to act in accord with the king's mind. Therefore, St. Peter and each of his successors represent our Lord on this earth as His Vicar and lead the faithful flock of the Church to the Kingdom of Heaven.

Finally, Jesus says, "Whatever you declare bound on earth shall be bound in heaven; whatever you declare loosed on earth shall be loosed in heaven." This is rabbinic terminology. A rabbi could bind, declaring an act forbidden or excommunicating a person for serious sin; or a rabbi could loose, declaring an act permissible or reconciling an excommunicated sinner to the community.

Here, Christ entrusted a special authority to St. Peter to preserve, interpret and teach His truth. In all, this understanding of Matthew 16 was unchallenged until the Protestant leaders wanted to legitimize their rejection of papal authority and the office of the pope. Even the Orthodox Churches recognize the pope as the successor of St. Peter; however, they do not honor his binding jurisdiction over the whole Church but grant him a position of "first among equals."

Barry Morris
05-08-2016, 01:12 PM
The Catholic Church began with Peter the first pope.

Sorry. I know that upsets your Protestant sensibilities...

...hey, I thought you were ignoring me???

I said, as I doubt you recall, that I would not respond to you till this date.

Yes indeed, the Catholic Church started with Peter. Of course, he was not called a pope. Why you think that should be a problem to me, I don't understand.

HOWEVER, the ROMAN Catholic denomination started much later. And even the ROMAN Catholic church recognizes that the Catholic (universal) church extends outside her authority, by calling non-RC christians "separated bretheren"

The ROMAN Catholic church demands recognition of her authority, as an organization. The Catholic church recognizes Christians as born again children of God.

In other words, the TRUE church comprises ALL true believers, regardless of their doctrinal minor differences.

The rest of your bible quotes are self serving interpretations.

RWGR
05-08-2016, 05:45 PM
I said, as I doubt you recall, that I would not respond to you till this date.

You were never ignoring me anyway.

Yes indeed, the Catholic Church started with Peter. Of course, he was not called a pope.

LOL, like the name is a big deal.

HOWEVER, the ROMAN Catholic denomination started much later.

Wrong, they are one.

The ROMAN Catholic church demands recognition of her authority, as an organization. The Catholic church recognizes Christians as born again children of God.

Wrong again

The rest of your bible quotes are self serving interpretations.

Speaking of interpretations...anyone??

Barry Morris
05-08-2016, 07:50 PM
Well, a lot of self serving "interpretation" there.

No surprise.

Love the points you ignore. But you must, it's the only way you can "win".

Barry Morris
05-08-2016, 07:51 PM
BTW, it's pretty obvious your "obsession" was being ignored.

Except for the reports, of course.

RWGR
05-09-2016, 03:54 PM
Again, it's amateur hour with BM

Yawn, what a bore.

Barry Morris
05-09-2016, 04:11 PM
You are SO entertaining!!!!

Bluesky
05-09-2016, 05:22 PM
Barry, he said you're wrong. More than once. That about wraps it up. Powerful argument there. :confused2:

RWGR
05-09-2016, 05:26 PM
Uh oh, someone's still angry a lay Catholic cornered him last week!

Bluesky
05-09-2016, 06:39 PM
You seem to be doing your best to keep me from interacting with you on an adult level. Is it that you never learned how to have adult discussions? Or are you merely deluded into thinking that you won an argument?

You argue like Donald Trump.

Barry Morris
05-09-2016, 10:54 PM
Uh oh, someone's still angry a lay Catholic cornered him last week!

When we study scripture, we don't learn docrine by rote. We go into depth.

"Being always ready to give an answer" (1 Peter3:15) is not simply the statement,. "You're wrong".

RWGR
05-11-2016, 02:54 PM
When we study scripture, we don't learn docrine by rote. We go into depth.

LOL!! Protestantism is a mile wide and an inch deep. You guys have proven as much.

RWGR
05-11-2016, 02:57 PM
You seem to be doing your best to keep me from interacting with you on an adult level. Is it that you never learned how to have adult discussions? Or are you merely deluded into thinking that you won an argument?

You argue like Donald Trump.

Hey, you're mad, I get it.

I would be, too.

A trained minister, so easily cornered by a lay Catholic.

But you're taking it personally, don't. You chose a side that is un-supportable. It is self-refuting. The fact it is self-refuting is not your fault. The fact your ego does not allow you to see the truth is your fault, but that's not an issue between you and I.

Barry Morris
05-11-2016, 06:06 PM
Hey, you're mad, I get it.

I would be, too.

A trained minister, so easily cornered by a lay Catholic.

But you're taking it personally, don't. You chose a side that is un-supportable. It is self-refuting. The fact it is self-refuting is not your fault. The fact your ego does not allow you to see the truth is your fault, but that's not an issue between you and I.

This IS the way Trump "argues"!!! No content whatsoever, just vitriol!!

Now, if you're too stupid to recognize the difference between "respond" and "ignore", we'll continue.

But give us something to respond to!!!

RWGR
05-11-2016, 06:10 PM
Awww, this is where BM tries to play on an "us v him" attack, which always fails, mostly because Blue can only handle so much of BM's wacky posts, but also partly because, well, no one wants to ally themselves with a BM!!

:) :) :)

And this hurts BM, because he needs other people to answer for him.

Barry Morris
05-11-2016, 07:18 PM
More entertainment!!!

No content from RW, but that's becoming normal.

Bluesky
05-11-2016, 09:17 PM
Is that a puppy I hear yapping?

Barry Morris
05-11-2016, 09:31 PM
Is that a puppy I hear yapping?

Maybe two of them!!! :) :) :)

Barry Morris
05-11-2016, 09:33 PM
Absurdities are now logical!!!!

RWGR
05-12-2016, 08:50 AM
LOL, a nerve was struck!

Barry Morris
05-12-2016, 09:16 AM
LOL, a nerve was struck!

Say, that Joyce quote from a RC site?? How do you know it's true??

He knows as much about real Christianity as you do!! :) :) :)

RWGR
05-12-2016, 09:32 AM
No, it was actually on a site about Protestant quotes.

Sorry, I know it stings.

RWGR
05-12-2016, 09:37 AM
And, I've offered numerous times to debate you on Christianity, religion, Scripture, whatever. But you simply wait for Blue top save you, which, as we've seen, isn't much of a save at all anymore.

Sorry, Blue, but you disappoint highly. You've strengthened my belief Protestantism is wrong.

RWGR
05-12-2016, 09:44 AM
And, I've offered numerous times to debate you on Christianity, religion, Scripture, whatever. But you simply wait for Blue top save you, which, as we've seen, isn't much of a save at all anymore.

Sorry, Blue, but you disappoint highly. You've strengthened my belief Protestantism is wrong.

RWGR
05-12-2016, 10:57 AM
Absurdities are now logical!!!!

Wow, BM shows his true ignorance with the quote.

BM, the entire notion that Christianity is based on is an absurdity. If it was not, then why would faith be required?

I knew using an intelligent quote would cause all kinds of confusion with you.

Barry Morris
05-12-2016, 04:17 PM
Wow, BM shows his true ignorance with the quote.

BM, the entire notion that Christianity is based on is an absurdity. If it was not, then why would faith be required?

I knew using an intelligent quote would cause all kinds of confusion with you.

Faith in what?? Or is trust more important??

Tell me what I must have faith in, then prove that every true believer understands it exactly the same way.

RWGR
05-12-2016, 04:23 PM
errr...huh??

Barry Morris
05-12-2016, 10:18 PM
errr...huh??

Yeah, figured you'd ignore that.

My God gives grace and salvation to the humble of heart. If my denomination didn't I'd leave.

RWGR
05-15-2016, 08:44 AM
Your denomination grants grace and salvation???

And, if it's only given to the humble of heart, I've got news, buddy: that AIN'T you.

RWGR
05-15-2016, 12:15 PM
Yeah, figured you'd ignore that.

Ignore what? I have no idea what you're asking.

Barry Morris
05-15-2016, 12:29 PM
Ignore what? I have no idea what you're asking.

I said, "Tell me what I must have faith in, then prove that every true believer understands it exactly the same way."

What's so difficult to understand?? It's a simple request.

Or is it??

RWGR
05-15-2016, 04:40 PM
I said, "Tell me what I must have faith in, then prove that every true believer understands it exactly the same way."

What's so difficult to understand?? It's a simple request.

Or is it??

Your question makes no sense. How can I answer it?