PDA

View Full Version : Video shows cop speed through light, crash into driver

Hans
05-20-2016, 10:35 PM
A Florida police officer was ticketed after speeding through a red light in pursuit of two armed robbery suspects and crashing into a woman's car.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/justice/2016/05/19/police-officer-crash-florida-red-light-pkg.wesh

He must have been doing the equivalent of a Wallace Terrace run.

Hans
05-22-2016, 08:43 PM
Keeping my fingers crossed.

Anapeg
05-22-2016, 11:08 PM
Keeping my fingers crossed.

I feel absolutely nothing for you but it would make my heart hurt for the family you rip apart with your ******* antics.

Hans
05-23-2016, 02:05 AM
Says the person who's location is just ever so slightly before the grave.
Let's see who kicks the bucket first.

Anapeg
05-23-2016, 09:59 AM
Says the person who's location is just ever so slightly before the grave.
Let's see who kicks the bucket first.

When I go, I go alone, taking no innocent lives with me.

The Chronic Liar
05-23-2016, 11:08 AM

That's so selfish.

Hans
05-23-2016, 04:01 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKggnBh2Mdw

Hans
05-23-2016, 04:02 PM

How can you be sure about that?

Anapeg
05-23-2016, 07:23 PM
How can you be sure about that?

I need add the qualifier "...unless I am at the wheel"? Nitpick much?

Barry Morris
05-23-2016, 11:57 PM
I'm thinking Walter Mitty.

Hans
05-24-2016, 12:19 AM
I need add the qualifier "...unless I am at the wheel"? Nitpick much?

You can get in a car accident at any time, just like everyone else.
It is not because you have a different driving style than mine, that you are immune to driving accidents.

So, how can you be so sure?

Anapeg
05-24-2016, 01:12 AM
It is not because you have a different driving style than mine, that you are immune to driving accidents.

Simply not tear arsing around on public roads for starters.

The Voice
05-24-2016, 03:31 PM

No it is because I am a Professional Driver who follows the Rules of the Road.

Anapeg
05-24-2016, 06:23 PM
That's so selfish.

I suppose it is from my fear of crowds.

Anapeg
05-24-2016, 06:27 PM
I'm thinking Walter Mitty.

He has no time for reading as he is busy portraying his rendition of Parnelli Jones the early years, perhaps he caught one of the movies.

Hans
05-24-2016, 07:00 PM
Hans, why do you have the silly notion that you are invincible?

I don't. And I don't go around proclaiming I will not take an innocent live with me.

I do have the notion that anyone can get into a car accident at any time, with possible deadly consequences, regardless of how they drive.
It is people who do not have that notion who consider themselves immune, because they "drive safe".

You can kill at 50 and at 150, don't ever forget that.

Hans
05-24-2016, 07:01 PM
He has no time for reading as he is busy portraying his rendition of Parnelli Jones the early years, perhaps he caught one of the movies.

I don't know what any of that means, but I am sure it will be interesting.

Hans
05-24-2016, 07:03 PM
No it is because I am a Professional Driver who follows the Rules of the Road.

Out of curiosity, ever been into an accident or received a ticket in Canada?

Anapeg
05-24-2016, 08:50 PM
I don't. And I don't go around proclaiming I will not take an innocent live with me.

I do have the notion that anyone can get into a car accident at any time, with possible deadly consequences, regardless of how they drive.
It is people who do not have that notion who consider themselves immune because they "drive safe".

Not regardless rather in spite of how they drive. Drive like an angry God after a weasel and your chances of mishap increase, add traffic and the numbers rise exponentially. No problem for you eh Hans? You are willing to endanger innocent lives, it is a risk you feel comfortable with.

Hans
05-24-2016, 08:54 PM
Tell me how you calculate the chance of an accident happening?
I have been reading about this for many years, but never seen anyone explain the actual calculation.

Hans
05-24-2016, 09:08 PM
Not regardless rather in spite of how they drive. Drive like an angry God after a weasel and your chances of mishap increase, add traffic and the numbers rise exponentially. No problem for you eh Hans? You are willing to endanger innocent lives, it is a risk you feel comfortable with.

I assume you drive a car, in which case you endanger lives every day, just like I do when I drive a car.
The difference is in your perceived notion you are somehow less of a risk than me.
Insurance people love people who believe in that.

The Voice
05-25-2016, 12:31 AM

It is people who do not have that notion who consider themselves immune, because they "drive safe".

Much easier to avoid the situation at 50 though.

I know too easy of a concept for you to understand?????

Common sense gets lost in the translation there Hans??????

The Voice
05-25-2016, 12:33 AM
[QUOTE=The Voice;776833]Much easier to avoid the situation at 50 though.QUOTE]

Says The Voice of Reason.

Hans
05-25-2016, 07:16 AM
[QUOTE=The Voice;776833]Much easier to avoid the situation at 50 though.QUOTE]

Says The Voice of Reason.

There is another voice of reason that says not to get into "the situation" to begin with is the way to go.

The Voice
05-25-2016, 08:36 AM
[QUOTE=The Voice;776834]

There is another voice of reason that says not to get into "the situation" to begin with is the way to go.

Not getting into the situation in the first place is what they teach in defensive driving courses. They also teach you to respect the rules of the road.

Driving fast does not make you a good driver.

When you can put a 50 Ton Rock Truck into 1/2 the places I have, then I will consider you a good driver.

Hans
05-25-2016, 08:10 PM
And just how does driving a car equate with endangering lives? 'Accidents' don't just happen.

I was simply stating that when you drive a car, you have to accept you might get into an accident with possible loss of life, regardless of how well of a driver you consider yourself to be.
Accidents can happen to anybody, especially those who think it will not happen to them.

Hans
05-25-2016, 08:14 PM
[QUOTE=Hans;776836]

Not getting into the situation in the first place is what they teach in defensive driving courses. They also teach you to respect the rules of the road.

Driving fast does not make you a good driver.

When you can put a 50 Ton Rock Truck into 1/2 the places I have, then I will consider you a good driver.

I have driven extensively on the German highway, where there is no speed limit.
I am used to traveling 700 Km in 3 hours.
Never have gotten into an accident in my life, and have been driving for 29 years.

I am sure that must count for something also.
Truth is as a fast driver you have to pay extra attention to all the little details.

Hans
05-25-2016, 08:54 PM
In a way that is true, in a way it is not.

If you would not have gotten into a car you would not have gotten into a car accident.