PDA

View Full Version : coming soon? I hope not.

Bluesky
05-21-2016, 04:14 PM
Someday we are going to run out of consonants

LGBTQP?

http://www.salon.com/2015/09/21/im_a_pedophile_but_not_a_monster/

Barry Morris
05-21-2016, 06:45 PM
Intertesting article, any comment on it, Blue??

Bluesky
05-21-2016, 07:06 PM
Well, we keep bringing up the slippery slope. Logicians tell us it is a fallacy to use the slippery slope argument. In the hard sciences, I would agree. But when it comes to sociology and especially mankind's predilections for sexual variance, it seems to be the norm.

Barry Morris
05-22-2016, 10:29 AM
I was thinking more about the comments of a guy trying to deal with a problem that no one wants to discuss.

The Chronic Liar
05-22-2016, 11:00 AM
Looks like an article written by someone who got caught and is now playing victim to cover up his misdeeds. I'm not buying what he's selling.

Barry Morris
05-22-2016, 12:51 PM
Looks like an article written by someone who got caught and is now playing victim to cover up his misdeeds. I'm not buying what he's selling.
He never got into trouble.

RWGR
05-22-2016, 01:24 PM
I was thinking more about the comments of a guy trying to deal with a problem that no one wants to discuss.

Agreed

(see signature)

The Chronic Liar
05-22-2016, 03:26 PM
He never got into trouble.

I don't recall saying he got in trouble.

The Chronic Liar
05-22-2016, 03:28 PM
"As I was already out of the closet as a pedo, I was an easy target, becoming one of the first people they profiled on their Wikisposure page, a site devoted to outing online pedos"

Is what I was referring to.

Anapeg
05-22-2016, 11:17 PM
Not sure his motivation. To educate? A cry for sympathy? He does the victim card well though.

We have a guy who shares his story and educates us a bit. He has done nothing wrong, he just talks about something most of us can't understand and aren't comfortable talking about.

Not seeing what slippery slope exists in that.

... all the while whining of how tough his row to hoe has been so it is not his fault. He may say otherwise but none the less, he makes excuses so you will feel sorry for him. He even takes the time to catagorize with his "type" being the least objectionable, qui est surpris?

Nihilistic Heathen
05-23-2016, 01:12 PM
Well, we keep bringing up the slippery slope. Logicians tell us it is a fallacy to use the slippery slope argument. In the hard sciences, I would agree. But when it comes to sociology and especially mankind's predilections for sexual variance, it seems to be the norm.

Sound like something a person experiencing cognitive dissonance would do. Deny the fallacy of your argument by claiming the fallacy doesn't apply to your argument and only to hard sciences. Fallacies are concerned with the soundness and of an argument. It's a fallacy in itself to claim that they don't apply to an argument in a specific field of study just because you don't agree with it.

Bluesky
05-24-2016, 06:07 PM
I actually agree.
It was my way of talking about tendencies and trends and trajectories.

Hans
05-24-2016, 07:17 PM
Sounds complicated, maybe you should simplify?