PDA

View Full Version : ****stani men can beat wives 'lightly,' Islamic council says

Hans
05-28-2016, 07:14 PM
The Council of Islamic Ideology is a powerful constitutional body that advises the ****stani legislature whether laws are in line with the teachings of Islam.
Its proposed bill is seen as a response to the rejected Punjab Women Protection bill for abused women. The council shunned it as "un-Islamic" and wrote its own bill, which includes the recommendation for the light beating.
"A husband should be allowed to lightly beat his wife if she defies his commands and refuses to dress up as per his desires; turns down demand of intercourse without any religious excuse or does not take bath after intercourse or menstrual periods,"

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/28/asia/****stan-women-light-beating/index.html

Tell me again why we tolerate governments like that in this world?

Barry Morris
05-28-2016, 10:36 PM
When will women in the West have full equality ???

Anapeg
05-29-2016, 02:42 AM
Other than certain positions in the church I thought women are equal in the West. In what other ways do they not have full equality?

They still only make 80 some odd percent of a man doing the same jobs. Some even with union backing.

Bluesky
05-29-2016, 08:26 AM
All kinds of clubs don't have both male and female memberships. If you regard that as inequality, then men ought to be allowed in women's only kind of associations. I am sure that day is coming.

Equality in value and worth is one thing. Having NO gender distinctions or not recognizing there are differences is madness.

riggs
05-29-2016, 08:33 AM
All kinds of clubs don't have both male and female memberships. If you regard that as inequality, then men ought to be allowed in women's only kind of associations. I am sure that day is coming.

Equality in value and worth is one thing. Having NO gender distinctions or not recognizing there are differences is madness.

We're allowed to use our washroom of choice based on how we feel inside, so ya, this can't be to far off in the future.

Barry Morris
05-29-2016, 10:48 AM
V
Other than certain positions in the church I thought women are equal in the West. In what other ways do they not have full equality?
Average 72 percent of wages for the same work, pay more for same products and services, and a general attitude of men toward them.

Barry Morris
05-29-2016, 10:51 AM
Source? Link?

Sorry but I thought that myth had been pretty much put to rest.

A myth? By all means, please show us links.

KDawg
05-29-2016, 01:01 PM
They still only make 80 some odd percent of a man doing the same jobs. Some even with union backing.

FACTS: No matter how many times this wage gap claim is decisively refuted by economists (http://www.consad.com/content/reports/Gender%20Wage%20Gap%20Final%20Report.pdf), it always comes back. The bottom line: the 23-cent gender pay gap is simply the difference between the average earnings of all men and women working full-time. It does not account for differences in occupations, positions, education, job tenure or hours worked per week. When such relevant factors (http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/02/01/no-women-don-t-make-less-money-than-men.html) are considered, the wage gap narrows (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/christina-hoff-sommers/wage-gap_b_2073804.html) to the point of vanishing. Here's a another fact right out of left field... When women get pregnant and leave work for maternity leave, they are not at work earning money. Do you think that could have an impact on their average lifetime earnings?

If women and men are in the same shop, doing the same work, they are getting the same pay, ESPECIALLY in a union environment.

Anapeg
05-29-2016, 02:56 PM
Source? Link?

Sorry, but I thought that myth had been pretty much put to rest.

From my daughter who is with the union at the hospital. I did not question it as it sounded feasible to myself.

Anapeg
05-29-2016, 02:59 PM
lol, that's just ridiculous. They only make 28 cents on the dollar compared to men? Different price for a product or service, come on. I don't believe they pay a different price for an identical product or service, never heard such a thing. A male price and a female price. How about some examples?

Barbers and hairdressers. I pay $15.00 for a trim, she pays 60 bucks.

KDawg
05-29-2016, 04:30 PM
Barbers and hairdressers. I pay $15.00 for a trim, she pays 60 bucks.
So do guys with long hair who want a perm. More work, higher cost regardless of gender.

Anapeg
05-29-2016, 04:52 PM
So do guys with long hair who want a perm. More work, higher cost regardless of gender.

I did not say 'perm' I said a trim.

RWGR
05-31-2016, 09:17 AM
Source? Link?

Sorry but I thought that myth had been pretty much put to rest.

I don't think it's as low as 80% anymore. In some jobs it's around ~90%; but overall it is evened out.