PDA

View Full Version : How God Messed Up My Happy Atheist Life

RWGR
06-03-2016, 08:56 AM
I became a Christian on July 7, 2015, after a very pleasant adult life of firm atheism. I’ve found myself telling “the story” when people ask me about it—slightly tweaked for my audience, of course. When talking to non-theists, I do a lot of shrugging and “Crazy, right? Nothing has changed, though!” When talking to other Christians, it’s more, “Obviously it’s been very beautiful, and I am utterly changed by it.” But the story has gotten a little away from me in the telling...

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2016/june/nicole-cliffe-how-god-messed-up-my-happy-atheist-life.html

Barry Morris
06-03-2016, 11:14 AM
Hans should read this.
It's not about being persuaded by reason and facts.

Hans
06-03-2016, 08:45 PM
Hans should read this.
It's not about being persuaded by reason and facts.

All I got from that was this: " but I found the idea of life ending after death mildly reassuring in its finality."

See, I maintain there has to come an end to everything, including life.
I cannot imagine the burden of living forever.

Barry Morris
06-03-2016, 09:49 PM
All I got from that was this: " but I found the idea of life ending after death mildly reassuring in its finality."

See, I maintain there has to come an end to everything, including life.
I cannot imagine the burden of living forever.

I can, especially with the help of God!!

Bluesky
06-04-2016, 08:48 AM
Personally, I am in love with life! And I cannot imagine the mind blowing experience it will be to experience eternal life without the burden of sin, disease and sorrow.

Hans
06-04-2016, 04:03 PM
So you would not mind living 10 trillion years?

Barry Morris
06-05-2016, 10:57 AM
So you would not mind living 10 trillion years?

No time in heaven!!!

Hans
06-05-2016, 03:35 PM
That is an assumption you have Barry.

Barney Rubble
06-05-2016, 06:44 PM
Remember that time when you slipped & fell?
That was really me in the future, in heaven, & invisible coming back to the past & tripping you.
We had a laugh about it in the future :)