PDA

View Full Version : Oregon judge allows person to change gender from female to 'non-binary'

Hans
06-12-2016, 11:29 PM
An Oregon judge ruled Friday that a transgender individual can legally change their sex to “non-binary” rather than male or female in what is believed to be an unprecedented ruling.

The Oregonian reported that Multnomah County Circuit Court Judge Amy Holmes Hehn legally changed Jamie Shupe’s, 52, sex from female to non-binary.

The co-executive director for Basic Rights Oregon Nancy Haque said the ruling was a “momentous day for gender***** Oregonians.”

"It's really exciting for the courts to actually recognize what we know to be true: gender is a spectrum," Haque told the paper. "Some people don't identify as male or female."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/06/12/oregon-judge-allows-person-to-change-gender-from-female-to-non-binary.html?intcmp=hplnws

What the hell? How is that even possible?

Barry Morris
06-13-2016, 12:14 AM
Shoulda done a DNA test.

RWGR
06-13-2016, 10:14 AM
So, now we can call ourselves "Non-Binary", and the words "mom" and "dad" are being replaced by "Parent One" and "Parent Two" in some "progressive" places.

Welcome to the Progressives World.

Some of you get all bent when I categorize this as a Left or Right issue. Well, tell you what: look around, and see which side of the political spectrum supports this stuff, and which side does not.

Barry Morris
06-13-2016, 11:00 AM
That's democracy for you, which Republicans believe in when it goes their way.

The Chronic Liar
06-13-2016, 11:30 AM
"It's really exciting for the courts to actually recognize what we know to be true: gender is a spectrum,"

The court knew that these people always get their way eventually so they said screw it let's get this done so we can talk about how messed up they are behind their backs. Not politically correct but we all know it's the truth.

The Chronic Liar
06-13-2016, 11:46 AM
gender is a spectrum?

Apparently we've always known that.

RWGR
06-13-2016, 05:47 PM
That's democracy for you, which Republicans believe in when it goes their way.

Judicial fiat is democracy?

Please, go on ...

RWGR
06-13-2016, 05:49 PM
gender is a spectrum? non-binary? democracy is to blame? SMH

BM has no idea a run-away judicial system is the antithesis of a Democracy. Because a court in a Democracy did this, he blames democracy.

It's simplistic, very, very simplistic thinking. And, hey, let's not pretend we're shocked, considering the source of that simplicity.

Barry Morris
06-14-2016, 11:49 PM
BM has no idea a run-away judicial system is the antithesis of a Democracy. Because a court in a Democracy did this, he blames democracy.

It's simplistic, very, very simplistic thinking. And, hey, let's not pretend we're shocked, considering the source of that simplicity.

So you once again figure that the democratically elected folks who are supposed to represent you, and who can pass laws controlling all aspects of government, do NOT have the power to correct these judicial anomalies.

And you think that I'm simple.

The Chronic Liar
06-15-2016, 08:43 AM
So you once again figure that the democratically elected folks who are supposed to represent you, and who can pass laws controlling all aspects of government, do NOT have the power to correct these judicial anomalies.

Judicial anomalies? Which one?

RWGR
06-15-2016, 03:25 PM

You do realize courts have the final say, right? You realize a supreme court is the last word on what a country's constitution does, or does not, say, right?

And you think that I'm simple

Used to "think" it; now it has been irrevocably proven to me. Congrats, I guess.

RWGR
06-15-2016, 03:35 PM
what's your preferred form of governance?

He wants Monarchy back. Why? Because he says it was the most common form of government in the Bible.

I guess he gets inspired, in part, by Herod, who had John the Baptist killed, and numerous young children killed, in hopes of killing Jesus as a young boy. Now that is a politicians who gets things done!

Bluesky
06-16-2016, 11:59 AM
You are misrepresenting him. I often disagree with Barry, but it's not cool to purposely put him in a bad light.

RWGR
06-16-2016, 06:15 PM
You are misrepresenting him. I often disagree with Barry, but it's not cool to purposely put him in a bad light.

Has he not said monarchy is the best form of government, in his opinion?

Has he not said the reason he believes this is because monarchy is widespread in the Bible?

He has indeed said as much, and you know it.

You're going to, one of these days, have to let BM fight his own fights. Part of the reason he's stuck in first gear is because he knows he can, time and again, rely on you to try and bail him out, after one of his head-scratching opinions and theories goes off the track.

You believe you're doing him favors, when in reality you're simply retarding his growth.

Let him learn to back up his assertions. If he cannot, then let him stop posting the inane ones.

It's a win-win, in the end.

Bluesky
06-17-2016, 12:06 AM
Whoa! Whose making up the rules now? I must have touched a nerve. I am not bailing him out. I am calling you out for abusing people verbally. You do it to anyone who disagrees with you. And you take every opportunity to turn everything into a feud.

He would agree with the statement, A righteous or benevolent monarchy is the best form of govt.
In fact, I think he would say a theocracy is the best form of government.

RWGR
06-17-2016, 08:03 AM
Whoa! Whose making up the rules now?

And my deepest apologies, for we all know it is you who makes the rules, and leave any thread in which you cannot dictate the rules. Sorry for invading your ground.

I am not bailing him out.

In your eyes, no. But it's plain to see you always attempt to bail him out, if for no other reason than he is such a poor spokesperson for Protestantism.

I am calling you out for abusing people verbally.

Again, in your eyes. Why? Because I corner you with certain theological issues, and that drives you to the brink. A lay person should never be able to do that to someone in your position. But, I do, and you begin the character assassination. Knowing you can't explain some of your Pretzelstan contradictions when I bring them up, so you attempt to shoot the messenger. Again, your massive ego does not let you see it this way. But, it is the way it is.

You do it to anyone who disagrees with you.

Again, an outright lie. And, kind of funny, coming from the guy who simply leaves threads when he can't make the rules. One last post telling the person all the things they did wrong, and you're gone. Your ego tells you you're doing a good thing. But, alas ...

And you take every opportunity to turn everything into a feud.

Good point. All my feuds with Cat...I mean Anapeg...I mean Hans...

Do I feud with BM? You bet! Why? Because he purposely lies about the USA and Catholicism. I'll take him on every time. And, you don't like that.

He would agree with the statement, A righteous or benevolent monarchy is the best form of govt.
In fact, I think he would say a theocracy is the best form of government.

Then why hasn't he said explicitly that? Why did he have to, yet again, have to wait on you to clean up his mess?

He goes around telling us Monarchy is the best form of government. We ask why. He says "because it's the most common form of government in the Bible".

And he leaves it there. No further explanation. Then to prove he's right, he attacks democracy. But the meat and potatoes of his opinion is this: it's the most common form of government in the Bible.

That answer wouldn't pass the smell test on a Grade 5 exam. But, he sticks with it. And you come to his rescue (or, at least attempt to). And, in the end, all you're doing is limiting his intellectual growth.

I'll say it again: you're retarding the man's growth.

Barry Morris
06-17-2016, 04:04 PM
Considering the source.

OK, done.

Barry Morris
06-17-2016, 04:24 PM
Perhaps we should be considering motives here.

Hans
06-17-2016, 08:03 PM
"Murder he wrote"

I am liking this already. Please, continue!

Hans
06-17-2016, 08:07 PM
I still think there is a better track record for Monarchy than for democracy.
Democracy is fairly new, and looking at the US I am not sure if it truly works.

Barry Morris
06-17-2016, 10:24 PM

I do believe that those who believe democracy is God's way of doing things are out to lunch.

Barry Morris
06-18-2016, 09:54 AM
If you want God's way move to Iran.

You don't want God's way. What you want is for everything to fit with your personal interpretation of God's way. In other words, your way. Fortunately we live in a much more inclusive environment.

I'm sure that even you realize how seldom the government's you condemn actually follow the most obvious of God's rules. The Golden Rule comes to mind.

And democracy, giving everyone a clear vote on every issue, would hardly be as inclusive as you blindly think.

Barry Morris
06-18-2016, 11:15 AM
I guess I should have been more specific. By democracy I meant representative democracy.

Giving everyone single person a vote on every issue would never work and certainly wouldn't be inclusive.

And what do they call it when the representative is clearly voting at odds with his constituents??

The Chronic Liar
06-18-2016, 04:19 PM
And democracy, giving everyone a clear vote on every issue, would hardly be as inclusive as you blindly think.

Laugh out loud

Barry Morris
06-18-2016, 07:28 PM
Progress? Misinformed constituents? Misguided representative?

It can be called many things but of coarse they will always be at odds with some constituents and will never have the agreement of every constituent. So I guess that would apply to every single vote.

Not too representative, is it??

Barry Morris
06-19-2016, 12:33 PM
I guess you could look at it that way. Like winger said, very simplistic.

When you see a conspiracy on every corner and have extreme views you only way you will feel represented is to run for office yourself.

If it's simplistic, it's just like your view of monarchies and how they should work.
If they don't, it's for exactly the same reasons as the failures of democracies - the self centeredness of men's hearts.

Anapeg
06-19-2016, 12:50 PM
If it's simplistic, it's just like your view of monarchies and how they should work.
If they don't, it's for exactly the same reasons as the failures of democracies - the self-centeredness of men's hearts.

Does not a Monarch answer only to themselves and their God? If so, would this not be somewhat more attractive to a Christian such as yourself? My point being, you would be getting leadership more to you, yourself liking.

Barry Morris
06-19-2016, 07:41 PM
Does not a Monarch answer only to themselves and their God? If so, would this not be somewhat more attractive to a Christian such as yourself? My point being, you would be getting leadership more to you, yourself liking.

I believe it's much more complex than that. Where would a monarch be without the support of the people?? In the past, the people were as well armed as the monarch, and the ordinary man could go to the nearest forest and arm himself with weapons as good as anyone.
If the monarch loses the support if his nobles, he loses most of his armies.

RWGR
06-22-2016, 05:28 PM

Which makes it all the more amazing that the largest migration of human beings in history has been the movement of people from all over the world to the USA the last 150 years.

People flocking to a Democracy that probably doesn't work ...who can figure out the foolish human mind???

RWGR
06-22-2016, 05:31 PM
I believe it's much more complex than that. Where would a monarch be without the support of the people?? In the past, the people were as well armed as the monarch, and the ordinary man could go to the nearest forest and arm himself with weapons as good as anyone.
If the monarch loses the support if his nobles, he loses most of his armies.

My god, what an uninformed comment.

Or are you, as usual, lying, hoping it sticks, so you can score a point?

Can you show me numerous examples of the people rising up and overthrowing the king or queen?

For most of monarchy's history the people were mere serfs in the feudal system. They were only armed when the monarchs armed them, to go fight the enemies of the monarchy.

By the late-1600s, some progress was made in limiting absolute power of monarchs; but still, what little power was given to 'the people' was given to wealthy elites and large landowners. By the mid-1800s, Constitutional Monarchy became more in fashion, and a bit more power was wrested from the monarchs and given to the people. Still, that is but a small percentage of the entire history in which monarchies have been around. A very small percentage.

I'd ask you if you're a fan of Absolute Monarchy or Constitutional Monarchy, but that would be a waste, because it's pretty clear you didn't have a clue they were two separate entities until now.

Hans
06-22-2016, 09:11 PM
Which makes it all the more amazing that the largest migration of human beings in history has been the movement of people from all over the world to the USA the last 150 years.

People flocking to a Democracy that probably doesn't work ...who can figure out the foolish human mind???

Apparently many are illegally flocking also. But that being said, I rather trust something like the Roman empire, even Napoleon rule, than a democracy.
Those 2 empires have given us many things that we still use to this day and cannot be without.

RWGR
06-22-2016, 09:36 PM
Apparently many are illegally flocking also. But that being said, I rather trust something like the Roman empire, even Napoleon rule, than a democracy.
Those 2 empires have given us many things that we still use to this day and cannot be without.

Well ,that makes sense.

let's judge what the Romans left us two thousand years in hindsight; let's judge what the US left us as it's still in the process of unfolding.

C'mon, Hans, you're devolving into BM-type comments. You're better than that. Way better than that.

RWGR
06-22-2016, 09:42 PM
Go to the forest and arm yourself, lol.

"Sire, the peasants have had enough, and have all taken to the forest to fashion military armaments! We do not know how we will be able to fend off their wooden weapons with our weapons of iron and bronze once they are finished in eleven months!!"

Barry Morris
06-22-2016, 11:48 PM
"Sire, the peasants have had enough, and have all taken to the forest to fashion military armaments! We do not know how we will be able to fend off their wooden weapons with our weapons of iron and bronze once they are finished in eleven months!!"

There's a certain irony in this.

Any reasonably intelligent person should be able to figure out just what times I was referring to. But not a history teacher. Interesting.

English long bow. Ever hear of it?? The biggest were six feet long, had a hundred pounds pull, and could be made from material from the forest. And the kings weapons weren't much better.
Now the irony here is that today the common man can get weapons darn near as good as the "king".
BTW, I wonder if a bow can bring down a helicopter??

Barry Morris
06-23-2016, 02:31 PM
ha ha

The problem here is that ole' RW is talking about two different times in history.

RWGR
06-23-2016, 06:29 PM
Any reasonably intelligent person should be able to figure out just what times I was referring to. But not a history teacher. Interesting.

BM, I will guarantee, no one understood what you were saying, not one person.

English long bow. Ever hear of it?? The biggest were six feet long, had a hundred pounds pull, and could be made from material from the forest. And the kings weapons weren't much better.

LOL...source?? Link??

Now the irony here is that today the common man can get weapons darn near as good as the "king".

Are you feeling okay? Been out in the sun a bit too much?

Head getting a little too close to those Sparkomatics??

RWGR
06-23-2016, 06:31 PM
The problem here is that ole' RW is talking about two different times in history.

Correct. I talked about the Age of Absolute Monarchy and the Age of Constitutional Monarchy. In other words, I talked about the entire age of Monarchy, period.

The fact it was too much of an intellectual force for you to handle is not surprising.

By the way, shouldn't King Blue be here soon, fending off the dragons from Serf BM??

RWGR
06-23-2016, 06:33 PM
I promise to always post sober.

I'm willing to bet most people here are hoping you start posting just blasted out of your mind. Let's face it, your posts can only improve :) :) :)

Hans
06-23-2016, 09:04 PM
Well ,that makes sense.

let's judge what the Romans left us two thousand years in hindsight; let's judge what the US left us as it's still in the process of unfolding.

C'mon, Hans, you're devolving into BM-type comments. You're better than that. Way better than that.

Those empire's I mentioned, at the time they held the seat of power, were a pillar of society.
Without them many things we now take for granted would not have existed, or might have taken much longer to develop.

I think the US has stopped unfolding several decades ago. What we see now is a dwindle down spiral where most citizens seem to dislike what their government is doing.
It is that dwindle down that Trump is using to try and gain the Presidency. And he might just get what he wanted, despite claims of the contrary.
The people are tired of all the political games, and even your Supreme Court seems to get tired of it.

I cannot wait for the end of 2016, which I am pretty sure will go down as a milestone in US history.

The Chronic Liar
06-23-2016, 11:48 PM
Henner, please stop.

Hans
06-24-2016, 07:16 AM
Why, can't take the truth?

The Chronic Liar
06-24-2016, 08:52 AM
Why, can't take the truth?

I would have to indulge in some wild drugs to take that "truth"

Bluesky
06-24-2016, 10:48 AM
By the way, shouldn't King Blue be here soon..

Ahh, it's good to be king..

http://images.clipartpanda.com/disobedience-clipart-king.gif

Barry Morris
06-24-2016, 07:17 PM
You must be king.

Winger hasn't said a darn thing.

Bluesky
06-24-2016, 08:55 PM
He can't help himself. He'll be back.

Barry Morris
06-24-2016, 11:50 PM

I meant under his name above!!!

RWGR
06-26-2016, 01:12 PM

LOL...says the guy who has "left" here a half-dozen times :) :) :)

Barry Morris
06-26-2016, 01:55 PM

How about the guy with over a half dozen names??

Quite the hypocrite, RWGR, in so many ways.

Anapeg
06-26-2016, 01:55 PM

What does this have to do with the discussion so far?

RWGR
06-26-2016, 02:15 PM

Ahhh, the Anapeg Double Standard!

RWGR
06-26-2016, 02:16 PM
How about the guy with over a half dozen names??

Quite the hypocrite, RWGR, in so many ways.

I used different names when one name would get banned, The Berean :) :) :)

Barry Morris
06-26-2016, 06:11 PM
I used different names when one name would get banned, The Berean

...and try to hide it!!! :) :) :)

Bluesky
06-26-2016, 11:51 PM

no idea.

The Chronic Liar
06-27-2016, 10:47 AM
no idea.

On this site for the better half of a decade and still has not realized every thread in the history of soonet eventually goes off topic. You're like a guy who gets shocked every time he sees someone blink.

Anapeg
06-27-2016, 11:16 AM
Ahhh, the Anapeg Double Standard!

No double standard, I asked a question that you chose to side step which is SOP when you are involved. I have asked your nemesis the same on occasion.

The Chronic Liar
06-27-2016, 11:31 AM
No double standard, I asked a question that you chose to side step which is SOP when you are involved. I have asked your nemesis the same on occasion.

Curious as to your thoughts on the new Independence Day movie.

RWGR
06-27-2016, 01:59 PM

It's absolutely a double standard, you just hate that someone actually calls you out on it.

Your anger tells me I am 100% correct!! :) :) :)

Barry Morris
06-27-2016, 05:30 PM
....Your anger tells me I am 100% correct!!

So when they are not actually angry, your suppositions are 100 percent out to lunch.

Got it!!!

RWGR
06-28-2016, 05:41 PM
Your anger tells me I was right about his anger!!