PDA

View Full Version : And another myth bites the dust

Bluesky
06-25-2016, 07:22 AM
http://www.getreligion.org/getreligion/2016/6/22/what-happens-when-an-article-is-wrong-the-atlantic-dissects-jesus-wife-story

Barry Morris
06-25-2016, 10:11 AM
Our resident atheists haven't got the guts to deal with this!!

Anapeg
06-25-2016, 10:52 AM
Why would a forged document require 'guts' to respond to? Some fool trying to be important is of little consequence in the grand scheme of things. He was married, He wasn't married, what possible difference might it make?

Hans
06-25-2016, 02:06 PM
Our resident atheists haven't got the guts to deal with this!!

Deal with what? If anything, it shows how easy it is to get people to believe what you want them to believe.
Combine that with hundred of years of forced doctrine and expansion, and you have a perfect setting on how not to believe everything you read.

Barry Morris
06-26-2016, 12:45 AM
Why would a forged document require 'guts' to respond to? Some fool trying to be important is of little consequence in the grand scheme of things. He was married, He wasn't married, what possible difference might it make?

If it didn't make a difference, atheists wouldn't be slobbering all over it!!!

But hey, suckered by another lie!!

Barry Morris
06-26-2016, 12:47 AM
Deal with what? If anything, it shows how easy it is to get people to believe what you want them to believe.
Combine that with hundred of years of forced doctrine and expansion, and you have a perfect setting on how not to believe everything you read.

Really?? I have no problem believing facts, and accepting proof.

As to "forced doctrine", that accusation means nothing at all to real Christians.

RWGR
06-26-2016, 11:59 AM
You have to believe Jesus is the Savior of mankind, or you're not a Christian. You have to believe there is only one God, or you're not a Christian.

You accept "forced doctrine".

Barry Morris
06-26-2016, 12:52 PM
You have to believe Jesus is the Savior of mankind, or you're not a Christian. You have to believe there is only one God, or you're not a Christian.

You accept "forced doctrine".

Can a child understand those things?? Is belief the basis of salvation, or is trust??

RWGR
06-26-2016, 01:13 PM
A child is not held to the same standard as an adult.

Belief and trust are components of salvation, neither one is sufficient on its own.

Hans
06-26-2016, 03:04 PM
Really?? I have no problem believing facts, and accepting proof.

As to "forced doctrine", that accusation means nothing at all to real Christians.

Oh ok. That must explain all the massacres throughout history in the name of the Roman Catholic church. It means nothing to a real Christian, obviously.

RWGR
06-26-2016, 03:17 PM
all the massacres throughout history in the name of the Roman Catholic church.

Source? Link?

Barry Morris
06-26-2016, 05:03 PM
A child is not held to the same standard as an adult.

Belief and trust are components of salvation, neither one is sufficient on its own.

You would need to prove both of those statements with scripture.

Barry Morris
06-26-2016, 05:05 PM
Oh ok. That must explain all the massacres throughout history in the name of the Roman Catholic church. It means nothing to a real Christian, obviously.

It doesn't!!

Anyone who blatantly ignores the clear statements that define what a real Christian is, can hardly truly be Christians.

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." and "By their fruits shall you know them."

Barry Morris
06-26-2016, 05:07 PM
http://www.reformedapologeticsministries.com/2014/03/some-of-roman-catholicisms-worst.html

"..abuse scandals further demonstrate that this system is reprobate and not of God."

Hans
06-26-2016, 09:58 PM
Source? Link?

Crusades, inquisition, genocide of Native Americans, and the list goes on.

All massacres in the name of the Roman Catholic church.

Barry Morris
06-27-2016, 01:01 AM
I think few Christians have the guts to deal with that and will say it wasn't 'real' Christians.

Anyone who blatantly ignores the clear statements that define what a real Christian is, can hardly truly be Christians.

Bluesky
06-27-2016, 08:10 AM
The way to deal with the Crusade question is not to debate whether its participants were real CHristians or not. It is to deal with the reality of the Crusades. And most people who use the crusades as an argument against Christianity don't have a clue about the real history surrounding the question. But to learn that takes some effort, and this forum does not encourage effort or rigour.

RWGR
06-27-2016, 12:44 PM
Crusades, inquisition, genocide of Native Americans, and the list goes on.

All massacres in the name of the Roman Catholic church.

Amazing set of links to numerous sources, thanks so much

Hans
06-27-2016, 07:47 PM
The way to deal with the Crusade question is not to debate whether its participants were real CHristians or not. It is to deal with the reality of the Crusades. And most people who use the crusades as an argument against Christianity don't have a clue about the real history surrounding the question. But to learn that takes some effort, and this forum does not encourage effort or rigour.

So are you saying the crusades were not sanctioned by the Pope's at the time they happened?
Because if they are, than that means they were done in the name of the Church, as the Pope is the leader of said Church.

Hans
06-27-2016, 07:54 PM
Amazing set of links to numerous sources, thanks so much

I figured you would be able to use Google. I was wrong.
Here are your links, as requested.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusades
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inquisition
http://nativeamericannetroots.net/diary/1855
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Indian_residential_school_system

RWGR
06-28-2016, 04:26 PM
Wow, relying on Wiki for most "sources"

You're flailing, Hansy!!

Hans
06-28-2016, 08:12 PM
Why? Wiki tends to contain a good source on many topics of interest.
If you like I can provide links from sources more suited to your intellectual interest.
Just let me know what type of sites meet your standards.

RWGR
06-29-2016, 06:30 PM
Ones that don't let anyone edit them, to begin with.

Barry Morris
06-30-2016, 03:46 PM
Why? Wiki tends to contain a good source on many topics of interest.
If you like I can provide links from sources more suited to your intellectual interest.
Just let me know what type of sites meet your standards.

All he has ever done is attack the messenger, Wiki.

Never once has he tried to refute the information from Wiki. Never.

RWGR
06-30-2016, 04:18 PM
All he has ever done is attack the messenger, Wiki.

Never once has he tried to refute the information from Wiki. Never.

It's self-refuting, BM, much like your posts!1 :) :) :)

Barry Morris
06-30-2016, 06:18 PM
It's self-refuting, BM, much like your posts!1

Never, as I said.

Much easier for you, isn't it!!! :) :) :)

RWGR
06-30-2016, 09:15 PM
I think we're at the point where people are begging you to post drunk