PDA

View Full Version : Pope says Christians should apologize to gay people

Hans
06-26-2016, 10:00 PM
Pope Francis said Sunday that Christians owe apologies to gays and others who have been offended or exploited by the church, remarks that some Catholics hailed as a breakthrough in the church's tone toward homosexuality.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/26/world/pope-apologize-gays/index.html

There you go Barry, you can start apologizing now. So can RWGR and Bluesky.
Your leader says Christians owe an apology.

Barry Morris
06-27-2016, 01:05 AM
Whose leader??? Not mine. Not Blue's. And RW?? Hmmmm.

Should we apologize to alcoholics or any other sinner for disagreeing with their lifestyles??

I don't think so.

Hans
06-27-2016, 06:16 AM
So tell me who your leader is.

Bluesky
06-27-2016, 08:07 AM
Barry, please don't speak for me. Who knows? I might have converted while you weren't looking. NOT!
But no. He is definitely not my leader.

Barry Morris
06-27-2016, 09:28 AM
So tell me who your leader is.

Jesus Christ.

RWGR
06-27-2016, 12:50 PM
The Pope speaks with much greater authority than any Protestant leader, so this is a big deal, no question.

Now, some Protestants will agree with the Pope. Some won't. Some will be in the wishy-washy middle...

Why?

Because Sola Scriptura told them so!

RWGR
06-27-2016, 12:55 PM
Whose leader??? Not mine. Not Blue's. And RW?? Hmmmm.

Should we apologize to alcoholics or any other sinner for disagreeing with their lifestyles??

I don't think so.

Repeating the teaching of the Catechism of the Catholic Church about respecting and not discriminating against gays, Pope Francis said that one could condemn certain behavior.

"One can condemn, but not for theological reasons, but for reasons of political behavior...Certain manifestations are a bit too offensive for others, no?

"But these are things that have nothing to do with the problem. The problem is a person that has a condition, that has good will and who seeks God, who are we to judge? And we must accompany them well."

Barry Morris
06-27-2016, 04:21 PM
Repeating the teaching of the Catechism of the Catholic Church about respecting and not discriminating against gays, Pope Francis said that one could condemn certain behavior.

"One can condemn, but not for theological reasons, but for reasons of political behavior...Certain manifestations are a bit too offensive for others, no?

"But these are things that have nothing to do with the problem. The problem is a person that has a condition, that has good will and who seeks God, who are we to judge? And we must accompany them well."

Who are we to judge??

How should we as Christians consider any sin??

Barry Morris
06-27-2016, 04:24 PM
The Pope speaks with much greater authority than any Protestant leader, so this is a big deal, no question.

Now, some Protestants will agree with the Pope. Some won't. Some will be in the wishy-washy middle...

Why?

Because Sola Scriptura told them so!

The Roman Catholic CHurch CLAIMS the Pope has authority.

There IS a difference.

And of course, not believing that Scripture is wholly true and sufficient allows a denomination to do anything it wants, "led" by a tradition (so called).

Hans
06-27-2016, 07:44 PM
Jesus Christ.

I figured you would say that. Do you not have a single person, or maybe even a council of people, who are in charge of your religion?
I would find it very hard to believe nobody is in charge.

Hans
06-27-2016, 07:44 PM
Barry, please don't speak for me. Who knows? I might have converted while you weren't looking. NOT!
But no. He is definitely not my leader.

Interesting. Is your answer the same as Barry's?

Anapeg
06-27-2016, 09:44 PM
I am reminded of the child, who wants the parent to cease the lecture, cease the grounding who apologizes not for being sorry rather to achieve peace and be able to get back to business as usual. Other than an official acknowledgment of a deed done oh so many years ago there is little solace. Not only in this case but most others ie the apology to the Natives for Shingwauk. They are a nice gesture but lack substance.

Barry Morris
06-27-2016, 09:44 PM
I figured you would say that. Do you not have a single person, or maybe even a council of people, who are in charge of your religion?
I would find it very hard to believe nobody is in charge.

Believe it!!! We all look to Christ.

Do we all see things the same way?? Nope.

But it's pretty amazing how well we all get along.

Barry Morris
06-27-2016, 09:46 PM

Have your reading skills deserted you??

Again??

Barry Morris
06-27-2016, 09:50 PM

Sin is not a theological reason?? Interesting.

And, "..a person that has a condition,.."

Really???

A curable condition, would you say?? Most "conditions" can be treated. How about this one?

Interesting.

Hans
06-27-2016, 10:28 PM
Believe it!!! We all look to Christ.

Do we all see things the same way?? Nope.

But it's pretty amazing how well we all get along.

So there is basically nobody in charge in your religious group? I don't believe it. What is this group officially called? I am going to Google it.

Hans
06-27-2016, 10:29 PM

Really???

A curable condition, would you say?? Most "conditions" can be treated. How about this one?

Interesting.

Don't tell me you just said you can cure this "condition"?

Barry Morris
06-27-2016, 10:38 PM
So there is basically nobody in charge in your religious group? I don't believe it. What is this group officially called? I am going to Google it.

You do that little thing.

The bible shows that the "local assembly", ie the local church, is the highest form of government. Terms like "bishop" have been co-opted to create a hierarchy, whn the original word merely described a different aspect of the smae persons job. The along came archbishop, and cardinal and pope, to create EVEN more levels of so-called authority.

My own church is autonomous, and for mutual support has banded together with nearly 500 churches across Canada that hold the same beliefs. Each of us has their own constitution. There IS no one person "in charge" of all these churches, and though you will find a president of the fellowship, his position is in no way similar to the pope.

In fact, IMO, the highest position in the local church would be the chairman of the elders board.

Barry Morris
06-27-2016, 10:39 PM
Don't tell me you just said you can cure this "condition"?

Reading comprehension, Hans, work on it.

Bluesky
06-28-2016, 10:18 AM

I don't know. What was the question again?

Barry Morris
06-28-2016, 04:04 PM

Read above.

RWGR
06-28-2016, 04:28 PM
The Roman Catholic CHurch CLAIMS the Pope has authority.

There IS a difference.

And of course, not believing that Scripture is wholly true and sufficient allows a denomination to do anything it wants, "led" by a tradition (so called).

...and believing each man can interpret Scripture on his own has led tens of thousands of Protestant denominations.

Catholicism wins...again :) :) :)

RWGR
06-28-2016, 04:31 PM

Really???

Interesting.

Few things in life give as much entertainment than watching BM spar with the RCC and the Pope!!

At least Blue knows that is a battle he'll never win. Hell, he has his hangs full with a lay Catholic online!

Hans
06-28-2016, 08:08 PM
I don't know. What was the question again?

I was asking Barry who is the leader of the church he belongs to, and what the religion he is a member of is called.
I received an answer on one of those.

Bluesky
06-28-2016, 11:04 PM
I was asking Barry who is the leader of the church he belongs to, and what the religion he is a member of is called.
I received an answer on one of those.

Uh huh. Well, if I tell you the name of the persons that lead our church, it would not help you at all. You do not know them. How is that relevant to our discussion? And our religion is well, umm, Christian.

Hans
06-29-2016, 06:19 AM
Good, so that settles it. You now owe an apology, as the Pope said.

Hans
06-29-2016, 06:22 AM
Just like Barry you don't provide even a name of your Church or the structure of who leads it. I find that interesting.

Bluesky
06-29-2016, 06:44 AM
Just like Barry you don't provide even a name of your Church or the structure of who leads it. I find that interesting.

Well, the name of our church is -___________ Gospel Church.
The structure of our church is as follows -
Board of Directors (made up of multiple elders), Council (made up of elders and pastors), Congregational Board (made up of elders, deacons and pastor), and under that various committees and fellowships. Does this help?

I didn't think so. What are you trying to figure out? Are you looking for something to attack or tear down?
Looking for something you can point your finger at?
I can provide you with plenty of that if that is what you want. WHat is it that you really want to know? Ask away.

Barry Morris
06-29-2016, 11:39 AM

First Baptist Church.

Leaders?? The deacons board and the pastor.

The church is autonomous, but is part of the Fellowship of Baptist Churches in Canada.

Barry Morris
06-29-2016, 11:41 AM
Few things in life give as much entertainment than watching BM spar with the RCC and the Pope!!

At least Blue knows that is a battle he'll never win. Hell, he has his hangs full with a lay Catholic online!

He doesn't bother much with bullies like yourself.

Bluesky
06-29-2016, 01:32 PM
One thing RW is good at. Controlling his own narrative. It's what the RCC has done through the centuries.

Bluesky
06-29-2016, 03:54 PM
The problem with people is that they like to hear good news about their bad habits. So they twist the Scriptures to support their bad habits. That is one reason you have different interpretations which in turn lead to different traditions. It's not God's wants for man that has changed. It's man's wants for himself that leads to error, deception and indeed, heresy.

RWGR
06-29-2016, 06:32 PM
One thing RW is good at. Controlling his own narrative. It's what the RCC has done through the centuries.

Translation: "RWGR is right, I can't debate RCC dogma, so I'm going to throw out some un-provable claim to try and divert attention away from my deficiencies regarding this"

RWGR
06-29-2016, 06:34 PM
Board of Directors (made up of multiple elders), Council (made up of elders and pastors), Congregational Board (made up of elders, deacons and pastor), and under that various committees and fellowships. Does this help?

I didn't think so. What are you trying to figure out? Are you looking for something to attack or tear down?
I can provide you with plenty of that if that is what you want. WHat is it that you really want to know? Ask away.

Yes, Blue will not accept the Pope, who can trace his lineage to Peter, is any kind of authority figure when it comes to the Bible and God...however, Joe the Plumber and Pete the electrician, who are members of his church's council, now THEY are authority figures when it comes to biblical interpretation and God's will!

Thank you, Blue, thank you, thank you, thank you!!

RWGR
06-29-2016, 06:36 PM
So, other than extremists like ISIS and the Westboro Baptist Church is anyone true to the true history of their holy books?

I'm actually not sure if the Westboro one's are true to a strict interpretation or not and am admittedly quite ignorant on this subject, but it seems to me that very few are in line with what their religion demands.

Westboro believes in Sola Scriptura, just like BM and Blue.

That's kind of telling.

Bluesky
06-29-2016, 06:49 PM
Still arguing like a child. Flood the boards, and shout louder. Watch. For every post I write, he will write 4 or 5. And if I say anything at all about the RCC, he will pull 5 or 6 anti-protestant links off of the internet. That's why I don't argue with him. He's never learned how to debate like a man.

RWGR
06-29-2016, 07:00 PM
..and the inevitable personal attack, thinking it hides his glaring deficiencies when he tries to take on Catholic dogma.

RWGR
06-29-2016, 07:06 PM
Still arguing like a child. Flood the boards, and shout louder.

Multiple people responded to me, champ, so I responded back.

Again, your seething anger right now is telling.

Barry Morris
06-29-2016, 09:04 PM
Multiple people responded to me, champ, so I responded back.

Again, your seething anger right now is telling.

I must have missed that.

Or, truthfully, it never happened.

Barry Morris
06-29-2016, 09:05 PM
..and the inevitable personal attack, thinking it hides his glaring deficiencies when he tries to take on Catholic dogma.

He's right, you never did learn to debate like a man.

Hans
06-29-2016, 09:24 PM

What I am trying to figure out is the following:

- Do you accept the Pope is ultimately the leader of your Church.
- And if not, why not and who do you accept as the ultimate leader instead?
- And if you say there is no ultimate leader, you will have to explain how that exactly works as I find it hard to believe nobody is in charge of running your Church.

Hans
06-29-2016, 09:29 PM
He's right, you never did learn to debate like a man.

This is the picture I have in my head of you tree amigos:

- RWGR: wizard with a staff and pointy hat, explaining the magical powers.
- Blue: crusader knight with visor open, looking around.
- Barry: inquisitor, ensuring everyone conforms to his vision.

Barry Morris
06-29-2016, 11:08 PM
This is the picture I have in my head of you tree amigos:

- RWGR: wizard with a staff and pointy hat, explaining the magical powers.
- Blue: crusader knight with visor open, looking around.
- Barry: inquisitor, ensuring everyone conforms to his vision.

Your biggest problem is listening to the opinions of others instead of asking directly what people believe.

Barry Morris
06-29-2016, 11:09 PM
What I am trying to figure out is the following:

- Do you accept the Pope is ultimately the leader of your Church.
- And if not, why not and who do you accept as the ultimate leader instead?
- And if you say there is no ultimate leader, you will have to explain how that exactly works as I find it hard to believe nobody is in charge of running your Church.
I suggest that, if you really wanted to know, it would not be hard to find out how a local church operates.
It's all in the bible. Which the Pope ain't.

Hans
06-30-2016, 06:20 AM
Your biggest problem is listening to the opinions of others instead of asking directly what people believe.

Your opinions are usually very slanted towards one direction with refusal to consider any other options.
Shall we get started again on the origins of the universe?

Hans
06-30-2016, 06:26 AM
I suggest that, if you really wanted to know, it would not be hard to find out how a local church operates.
It's all in the bible. Which the Pope ain't.

How long has your church been operating?

RWGR
06-30-2016, 04:19 PM

Probably twenty years

Barry Morris
06-30-2016, 06:14 PM

The church, the body of Christ, has existed since Pentecost, which was shortly after the resurrection of Christ..

The local assembly I attend has been in existence since 1885.

Barry Morris
06-30-2016, 06:16 PM
Your opinions are usually very slanted towards one direction with refusal to consider any other options.
Shall we get started again on the origins of the universe?

I'm trying to think of another option, on anything YOU propose, that makes any sense.

Nothing will ever come from nothing.

RWGR
06-30-2016, 09:19 PM
Nothing will ever come from nothing.

As a stopped clock is correct twice per day, so is BM correct here.

This simple, simple statement truly is the kryptonite to Atheists.

Barry Morris
06-30-2016, 10:09 PM
lol, just the opposite. Where did your God come from? I have yet to hear an answer for that. And no, God always existed isn't the answer. If God just always existed where did he/she exist before they created everything else?

Some things we just don't know. God is a great way to explain them and a great way to control people but 'nothing comes from nothing' is proof of nothing.

We believe that God created time, so He is outside time. "Come from" is meaningless.

And I find it even easier to accept as science has shown the flexibility of time.

As to "nothing comes from nothing", you aren't answering it, you're merely denying one possibility.

Barry Morris
06-30-2016, 10:10 PM
As a stopped clock is correct twice per day, so is BM correct here. ...

Only two insults in this post. Maybe he's improving.

Hans
06-30-2016, 10:23 PM
We believe that God created time, so He is outside time. "Come from" is meaningless.

And I find it even easier to accept as science has shown the flexibility of time.

As to "nothing comes from nothing", you aren't answering it, you're merely denying one possibility.

Even outside time, you would still have to explain where that status came from. It is not because time is not present that "nothing comes from nothing" all of a sudden would not apply anymore.
Whatever exists outside of time would still have to come into existence somehow, from somewhere, by some mechanism.
You are flipping between existence and "nothing comes from nothing" as it suits your needs.

Barry Morris
06-30-2016, 11:25 PM
Even outside time, you would still have to explain where that status came from. It is not because time is not present that "nothing comes from nothing" all of a sudden would not apply anymore.
Whatever exists outside of time wouldstill have to come into existence somehow, from somewhere, by some mechanism.
You are flipping between existence and "nothing comes from nothing" as it suits your needs.

And every time you respond, you imply the passage of time.

I wish you had more imagination.

Barry Morris
06-30-2016, 11:27 PM
I'm not denying anything, merely admitting that there are things we don't know and that your 'belief' proves nothing.

Hey, I know there's lots of things we don't know.

But "nothing comes from nothing" is a simple logical step you just can't accept, because it implies "Something".

Barry Morris
07-01-2016, 10:41 AM
lol, if you only knew how ridiculous that statement seems.

Saying that nothing can come from nothing does nothing to support the existence of a God. Saying that 'comes from' implies time and that God exists out of time does nothing to explain how this God can exist.

Trying to support a belief without facts doesn't work. You believe, you have faith. You think you know. You have no proof though.

And you have faith that you know enough to definitively state that our very existence, and the universe around us has no source.

I understand.

Hans
07-01-2016, 02:01 PM
And every time you respond, you imply the passage of time.

I wish you had more imagination.

Your equation that "coming into existence" equals the passage of time is incorrect.

Time is a state, no time is also a state.
In either state, you can have existence as in "you exist".
But that does not mean that in a no time state you have always existed.
You will always need a starting point of that state, with or without time.

It is the only way for you to solve the problem of how God can come from nothing.
You switch from nothing comes from nothing to existence as a work around of the issue on how God Himself came to be.

You simply state He was always there.
It is you who lacks imagination my friend.

Barry Morris
07-01-2016, 02:43 PM
Your equation that "coming into existence" equals the passage of time is incorrect.

Time is a state, no time is also a state.
In either state, you can have existence as in "you exist".
But that does not mean that in a no time state you have always existed.
You will always need a starting point of that state, with or without time.

It is the only way for you to solve the problem of how God can come from nothing.
You switch from nothing comes from nothing to existence as a work around of the issue on how God Himself came to be.

You simply state He was always there.
It is you who lacks imagination my friend.

Sorry, Hans.

You just keep using words that reflect your own humanity, which operates in linear time.

It seems clear that you cannot imagine a state of existence outside your own.

That's fine.

Hans
07-02-2016, 12:47 PM
That is ok. You only see it as a one way street, never considering we could go into a timeless state as some point in the future.

Barry Morris
07-02-2016, 11:29 PM
That is ok. You only see it as a one way street, never considering we could go into a timeless state as some point in the future.

I believe we will. Some with God. Some not.

Bluesky
07-04-2016, 01:18 PM
And now the Pope says this
http://nationalreport.net/pope-francis-followers-koran-holy-bible/

kalam
07-04-2016, 02:00 PM
Good afternoon, Bluesky:

And now the Pope says this
http://nationalreport.net/pope-francis-followers-koran-holy-bible/

http://www.snopes.com/religious-replicates/

KaL

Barry Morris
07-04-2016, 02:12 PM
Prepare to delete, gentlemen!!!

Barry Morris
07-04-2016, 02:48 PM
huh???

If I post something, and find out it's a hoax, I generally delete it.

RWGR
07-04-2016, 03:47 PM

http://memesvault.com/wp-content/uploads/Lol-Animated-Gif-10.gif

RWGR
07-04-2016, 03:48 PM
Good afternoon, Bluesky:

http://www.snopes.com/religious-replicates/

KaL

LOL!!!

Blue is in such a fit of rage now he's fallen to BM-like tactics!!!!

The guy who just recently said he doesn't like it when the board sees two Christians fighting just got caught running to Google in an emotionally-driven rage in order to find some anti-Catholic story to fire things up.

KAl with the KO to the Naked Emperor!!!

Official Cat of Soonet
07-04-2016, 04:12 PM
LOL go to the main page of that website he posted. Snopes was not needed.

Barry Morris
07-04-2016, 07:21 PM
RWGR is acting just like a vengeful little kid, getting worse by the day!!

Official Cat of Soonet
07-04-2016, 07:46 PM

Fortunately you can't do anything about it anymore.

RWGR
07-04-2016, 07:48 PM

Translation: "(sniff, sniff) my emperor has no clothes"

RWGR
07-04-2016, 07:49 PM
Fortunately you can't do anything about it anymore.

http://cliparting.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Facebook-thumbs-up-image-clipart.jpeg

RWGR
07-04-2016, 07:50 PM

BM has now challenged Blue!

RWGR
07-04-2016, 08:05 PM
LOL go to the main page of that website he posted. Snopes was not needed.

Blue posted from this!!

Here are some other headlines on Blue's news site ...

Sarah Palin Calls Wilma Flintstone “America’s Most Admired Woman”

Donald Trump Vows to Frack the Whole Nation as President

Bedwetter’s Mother Sees Image of Donald Trump in Son’s Sheets

Hugh Hefner Sells Playboy Mansion, Opens Playboy Assisted Living Facility

Mother of Slain Gorilla Calls for Peace as Protest Turns Violent

Donald Trump To Wear Kevlar Wig After Las Vegas Assassination Scare

House Benghazi Report Reveals Hillary Clinton Was Second Gunman On Grassy Knoll

WEATHER CHANNEL TO START INCLUDING LOCAL MASS SHOOTING FORECASTS IN U.S. BROADCASTS

http://nationalreport.net/

LOL...Blue is now just BM with fancy degrees

Bluesky
07-06-2016, 09:23 AM
I apologize for posting a false report. I mistook the nationalreport for one of our newspapers.

Barry Morris
07-06-2016, 09:26 AM
It gives RW something to do!!!

RWGR
07-06-2016, 02:20 PM
I apologize for posting a false report. I mistook the nationalreport for one of our newspapers.

Maybe if you weren't in such a hurry to create discord among Christians you would have seen that one of the headlines next to the fake pope story was that Obama created the Zika virus as a way to fund Obamacare.

So that's both Blue and BM who have posted fake stories about the Pope recently.

Now, if you don't mind, they'd like to get back to telling you how to behave and act better.

RWGR
07-06-2016, 02:22 PM
It gives RW something to do!!!

Translation: "Don't sweat it! I lie here all the time, and sometimes don't even get caught, so keep lying!!"

Barry Morris
07-06-2016, 02:22 PM
Maybe if you weren't in such a hurry to create discord among Christians you would have seen that one of the headlines next to the fake pope story was that Obama created the Zika virus as a way to fund Obamacare.

So that's both Blue and BM who have posted fake stories about the Pope recently.

Now, if you don't mind, they'd like to get back to telling you how to behave and act better.

...and being very sure not to use RWGR as an example.

Barry Morris
07-06-2016, 02:24 PM
Translation: "Don't sweat it! I lie here all the time, and sometimes don't even get caught, so keep lying!!"

Ah yes, RWGR, the accuser of the bretheren strikes again!!!

RWGR
07-06-2016, 02:32 PM
Translation: "RWGR will expose your lies, but don't worry, keep lying, I do!!"

RWGR
07-06-2016, 02:33 PM
...and being very sure not to use RWGR as an example.

Absolutely not!

You guys hold yourselves up as examples. Sure, you lie at times, you try to create discord...but, hey, you are better than us, so we need that reminder often!