PDA

View Full Version : SS strikes Again!

RWGR
07-11-2016, 02:44 PM
The United Reform Church voted Saturday to allow same-sex weddings in its churches across the United Kingdom, making it the first in the UK to give LGBTQ couples the option of a church wedding, according to Metro UK.

http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2016/07/uk-protestant-church-becomes-first-allow-sex-weddings/`

So, a couple problems here...

1) they believe the Holy Spirit guided them in right interpretation of this issue

2) they simply voted on the issue

Barry Morris
07-11-2016, 04:12 PM
So, you believe they are mistaken.

Why shouldn't we??

RWGR
07-11-2016, 04:15 PM
That's fine if you believe they are mistaken. But that brings up a problem.

You believe, through your interpretation and your pastor's interpretation, that they are wrong to do this.

They believe they are right in doing it. And, like you, they believe that through their interpretation.

Both of you believe the Holy Spirit guided you to the correct interpretation. Obviously one of you are wrong.

In being so, you've just experienced the self-refuting nature of SS. of which you BOTH relied on.

Barry Morris
07-11-2016, 04:26 PM
That's fine if you believe they are mistaken. But that brings up a problem.

You believe, through your interpretation and your pastor's interpretation, that they are wrong to do this.

They believe they are right in doing it. And, like you, they believe that through their interpretation.

Both of you believe the Holy Spirit guided you to the correct interpretation. Obviously one of you are wrong.

In being so, you've just experienced the self-refuting nature of SS. of which you BOTH relied on.

But of course, your argument only works if every single last protestant denomination holds a totally different set of beliefs, which I notice you hate to discuss.

RWGR
07-11-2016, 04:31 PM
But of course, your argument only works if every single last protestant denomination holds a totally different set of beliefs, which I notice you hate to discuss.

Barry, it doesn't matter if 1/2 feel one way and the other 1/2 feel differently. The fact is there is a difference of interpretation, with both sides claiming the Holy Spirit has guided them to right interpretation.

And the part you NEVER comment on is this: either the Holy Spirit is sending mixed messages, or SS is a defective idea.

Which is it??

Barry Morris
07-11-2016, 06:01 PM
Barry, it doesn't matter if 1/2 feel one way and the other 1/2 feel differently. The fact is there is a difference of interpretation, with both sides claiming the Holy Spirit has guided them to right interpretation.

And the part you NEVER comment on is this: either the Holy Spirit is sending mixed messages, or SS is a defective idea.

Which is it??

ANYTIME you try that either/or, yer always wrong!!

Seems to me that the RC might have a problem in the same way, since schisms in the RCC over the centuries have both sides interpreting Scripture "led by the Holy Spirit".

It even gave you three Popes at one time, each group using the same reasoning.

Or did they??

One thing you have yet to address is the beliefs true Christians share, REAGARDLESS of their denomination. Beliefs shared with the RCC in many cases.

It is obvious, in the RCC and protestantism, that interpretations are often warped because of evil in mens hearts. But honest translators don't let their denominational distinctives twist what they understand from Scriptures. Neither do they allow one denomination claim sole authority to translate it, then override scripture because ogf a claimed authority.

Unless they are a cult.

RWGR
07-13-2016, 03:08 PM

You didn't answer my question.

Seems to me that the RC might have a problem in the same way, since schisms in the RCC over the centuries have both sides interpreting Scripture "led by the Holy Spirit".

Sure, a Catholic can have a different interpretation; but at the end of the day the Magesterium is the final say on interpretation. So, there's only one RCC stance on fundamental issues and dogma.

And, you still haven't answered my question.

All you're doing is showing personal interpretation is indeed wrong. I don't care if fifty people claim they are the Pope, there is one, at Rome.

And, you still didn't answer the question.

One thing you have yet to address is the beliefs true Christians share, REAGARDLESS of their denomination. Beliefs shared with the RCC in many cases.

Barry, I asked you a simple question. Answer it, then we can move on to questions you may have for me.

It is obvious, in the RCC and protestantism, that interpretations are often warped because of evil in mens hearts. But honest translators don't let their denominational distinctives twist what they understand from Scriptures. Neither do they allow one denomination claim sole authority to translate it, then override scripture because ogf a claimed authority.

Barry, you're still avoiding the question: The fact is there is a difference of interpretation, with both sides claiming the Holy Spirit has guided them to right interpretation.

Which is it??

Barry Morris
07-13-2016, 05:28 PM

You didn't answer my question.

Sure, a Catholic can have a different interpretation; but at the end of the day the Magesterium is the final say on interpretation. So, there's only one RCC stance on fundamental issues and dogma.

And, you still haven't answered my question.

All you're doing is showing personal interpretation is indeed wrong. I don't care if fifty people claim they are the Pope, there is one, at Rome.

And, you still didn't answer the question.

Barry, I asked you a simple question. Answer it, then we can move on to questions you may have for me.

Barry, you're still avoiding the question: The fact is there is a difference of interpretation, with both sides claiming the Holy Spirit has guided them to right interpretation.

Which is it??

Avoiding the question?? Sure, like I avoid all questions like "have you stopped beating your wife."

More like men mix up the Holy Spirit's message, which even the magisterium is subject to, being men, and doing ANYTHING to uphold their denomination and retain their self-claimed authority.

There's your answer. Hold you like it!!! :) :) :)

RWGR
07-14-2016, 02:33 PM
Avoiding the question?? Sure, like I avoid all questions like "have you stopped beating your wife."

More like men mix up the Holy Spirit's message, which even the magisterium is subject to, being men, and doing ANYTHING to uphold their denomination and retain their self-claimed authority.

There's your answer. Hold you like it!!! :) :) :)

Barry, why do you avoid a simple question?

Either the Holy Spirit is giving mixed messages, or SS is flawed. This is the issue here. You can bash the RCC all you want elsewhere, but try to answer this question for once, please.

Barry Morris
07-14-2016, 02:49 PM
Barry, why do you avoid a simple question?

Either the Holy Spirit is giving mixed messages, or SS is flawed. This is the issue here. You can bash the RCC all you want elsewhere, but try to answer this question for once, please.

I did answer it.

You didn't like the answer.

Not my problem.