08-08-2016, 07:07 PM
Warm out eh?

Hans
08-08-2016, 08:08 PM
Sure is, sure is.

Anapeg
08-08-2016, 10:16 PM
Sure is, sure is.

Yup, yup, why don't ya come up on the porch and have a nice cold sasparilla?

Barry Morris
08-09-2016, 12:00 AM
Yup, yup, why don't ya come up on the porch and have a nice cold sasparilla?

AKA Blue??

Anapeg
08-09-2016, 11:20 AM
AKA Blue??

Blue offers me a blueberry beer. The beer was good but the comradery was better. Come on up on the porch Barry, put your feet up and lets talk.

Hans
08-09-2016, 08:55 PM
Sure, but I prefer http://www.handfamilycompanies.com/hoegaarden-original-white-ale?dist_id=

Anapeg
08-10-2016, 05:27 PM
Sure, but I prefer http://www.handfamilycompanies.com/hoegaarden-original-white-ale?dist_id=

Oh ya, icy cold, with a little salt, yum!

Anapeg
08-10-2016, 06:04 PM
Were you an American, who would garner your vote in the next election?

Hans
08-10-2016, 09:39 PM
Trump

Barry Morris
08-11-2016, 12:20 AM
Hans, whaddya think of that last Trumpism, saying that maybe the Second Amendment people would take care of Hillary??

Anapeg
08-11-2016, 10:47 AM
Trump

Really? He scares Hell out of me. Would you put him in charge of the world's largest nuclear arsenal?

Bluesky
08-11-2016, 12:29 PM
I am totally against Trump getting in, but the media are going ape over that comment. Political opportunism. Hillary knows that game and plays it well. She herself was guilty of the same thing back in the day.

Hans
08-11-2016, 03:58 PM
Really? He scares Hell out of me. Would you put him in charge of the world's largest nuclear arsenal?

This is another media hype. Despite all the stories and rhetoric from the Democrats regarding Trump should not be in charge of the world's largest nuclear arsenal, the President cannot just order a nuclear strike on his own.
It has to be a joint decision between the President and the secretary of defense (2 man rule).

All you have to remember is that he has the final authority to order a nuclear strike. Ordering it "just because he feels like it" is not going to happen as many other things need to be in place for the order to make sense. And that would be on top of the 2 man rule.

Anapeg
08-11-2016, 07:03 PM
This is another media hype. Despite all the stories and rhetoric from the Democrats regarding Trump should not be in charge of the world's largest nuclear arsenal, the President cannot just order a nuclear strike on his own.
It has to be a joint decision between the President and the secretary of defence (2 man rule).

All you have to remember is that he has the final authority to order a nuclear strike. Ordering it "just because he feels like it" is not going to happen as many other things need to be in place for the order to make sense. And that would be on top of the 2 man rule.

Media hype? It is not the media making wild-eyed statements regarding 'walls', banning Muslims, etc. No, that is classic Trump. If one imagines Trump as President, imagining his second in command or the Secretary of Defence being as loosely wrapped as Trump himself is not an impossibility. Those who chose him to run are the same people gathering those who will be intimately familiar with the oval office.

Hans
08-11-2016, 09:21 PM
Remember Nixon? He had access to the launch codes, and he did not consider himself to be a crook.

Barry Morris
08-11-2016, 11:17 PM
Remember Nixon? He had access to the launch codes, and he did not consider himself to be a crook.

There is no comparison between Nixons actions and Trump's mouth.

BTW, what would happen to any private person who directed those "second amendment people" remarks to the POTUS. You think nothing?? I sure don't.

Hans
08-12-2016, 06:23 AM
I rather have someone with a big mouth than someone with foolish actions.

Barry Morris
08-12-2016, 09:49 AM

One commentator said that one in five Republicans want Trump to quit.

A big mouth is one thing, but one that does not consider all the ramifications of his words is dangerous.

Especially as the most powerful man on earth.

Anapeg
08-12-2016, 11:16 AM

You seriously see a connection between Nixon's directed thievery and Trump's mad ramblings? One has little to do with the other. They are not even on a similar plane.

Anapeg
08-12-2016, 11:19 AM

Trump's big mouth, aka hate speech, backed by his party faithful equals the makings of something to be feared. Add to this Trump is here, now, and Nixon is how many years removed?

Hans
08-12-2016, 05:41 PM
You seriously see a connection between Nixon's directed thievery and Trump's mad ramblings? One has little to do with the other. They are not even on a similar plane.

Yes I do, here are some Nixon quotes:

"I would have made a good Pope." —President Richard Nixon
"When the President does it, that means it's not illegal." —President Richard Nixon, in a 1977 interview with David Frost
"Well, did you do any fornicating this weekend?" —Richard Nixon to David Frost before a 1977 interview
"You don't know how to lie. If you can't lie, you'll never go anywhere." —President Richard Nixon, giving advice to a political associate
"I was not lying. I said things that later on seemed to be untrue." — President Richard Nixon, reflecting on the Watergate scandal in 1978
"I can say categorically that his investigation indicates that no one on the White House staff, no one in this administration, presently employed, was involved in this very bizarre incident [the Watergate burglary].
"This is a great day for France!" —President Richard Nixon while attending the funeral of French President Charles de Gaulle in 1970

Anapeg
08-12-2016, 11:37 PM
Yes I do, here are some Nixon quotes:

"I would have made a good Pope." —President Richard Nixon
"When the President does it, that means it's not illegal." —President Richard Nixon, in a 1977 interview with David Frost
"Well, did you do any fornicating this weekend?" —Richard Nixon to David Frost before a 1977 interview
"You don't know how to lie. If you can't lie, you'll never go anywhere." —President Richard Nixon, giving advice to a political associate
"I was not lying. I said things that later on seemed to be untrue." — President Richard Nixon, reflecting on the Watergate scandal in 1978
"I can say categorically that his investigation indicates that no one on the White House staff, no one in this administration, presently employed, was involved in this very bizarre incident [the Watergate burglary].
"This is a great day for France!" —President Richard Nixon while attending the funeral of French President Charles de Gaulle in 1970

With the exception of number 2, I see nothing comparable to the crap coming out of Trump's mouth right now.