PDA

View Full Version : Where's Hillary?

Hans
08-23-2016, 08:58 PM
Hillary Clinton is riding a summer wave in the polls – yet the Democratic nominee has left the campaign trail in recent days to fundraise in America’s wealthiest enclaves, potentially giving rival Donald Trump the opening he needs as he works to regain his political footing.

Her most recent rally was almost a week ago, on Wednesday at a Cleveland high school, followed by a roundtable discussion the following day in New York with law enforcement officials.

Meanwhile, Trump has been essentially non-stop on the campaign trail, trying to re-ignite his White House bid and woo voters in battleground states like Florida, North Carolina and Virginia with his law-and-order message.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/08/23/wheres-hillary-clinton-off-campaign-trail-as-trump-seeks-comeback.html

Say what you will, Trump keeps drawing in a lot of people every day who want to hear him speak. Nobody is booing at him.

Barry Morris
09-07-2016, 11:42 PM
A guy with his lack of experience criticizes the generals?? Good luck with that!!

http://globalnews.ca/news/2926810/donald-trump-rips-us-military-generals-praises-vladimir-putin/

AND praises Putin for "controlling his country??

Americans be very afraid.

riggs
09-09-2016, 10:14 AM
A guy with his lack of experience criticizes the generals?? Good luck with that!!

http://globalnews.ca/news/2926810/donald-trump-rips-us-military-generals-praises-vladimir-putin/

AND praises Putin for "controlling his country??

Americans be very afraid.

He may be onto something. Generals are as only good as their orders in this day and age. As for his lack of experience, that may be exactly what America needs. Someone who hasn't been cloned through a failed political system which is responsible (in part) for their current situation. Trump is a wild card while Clinton is a clone who will continue to blindly follow in the foot steps of those who continue to lead the country into a state they will never recover from. Either way, the American public will have to choose between continued failure/corruption of Clinton or the fearful random/unknown of Trump.

Barry Morris
09-09-2016, 05:48 PM
He may be onto something. Generals are as only good as their orders in this day and age. As for his lack of experience, that may be exactly what America needs. Someone who hasn't been cloned through a failed political system which is responsible (in part) for their current situation. Trump is a wild card while Clinton is a clone who will continue to blindly follow in the foot steps of those who continue to lead the country into a state they will never recover from. Either way, the American public will have to choose between continued failure/corruption of Clinton or the fearful random/unknown of Trump.

I agree. Scary, ain't it!!

Anapeg
09-20-2016, 10:03 PM
Hillary is less than vibrant, less than well. If she tires so badly under the strained of campaigning, how will she fare ant better under the mantle of leadership?

Hans
09-21-2016, 07:19 AM
They are almost equal in the polls now. Combine the Clinton health issue with the email issue and the trust issue, and Trump stands a good chance of winning.
All Trump has to do is keep pushing, and stay focused during the 3 debates.
I think one of his debate strategies is to draw a contrast between Clinton dancing around the answer while he actually get's straight to the point.
However, he has to watch what he says because if he messes up he is done.

Anapeg
09-21-2016, 02:35 PM
They are almost equal in the polls now. Combine the Clinton health issue with the email issue and the trust issue, and Trump stands a good chance of winning.
All Trump has to do is keep pushing and stay focused during the 3 debates.
I think one of his debate strategies is to draw a contrast between Clinton dancing around the answer while he actually get's straight to the point.
However, he has to watch what he says because if he messes up he is done.

His propensity for behaving as a 'loose cannon' will have to be severely curtailed or he will hole his own boat.

Hans
09-21-2016, 07:57 PM
Just remember boats have at least 1 hole in them.

Anapeg
09-21-2016, 09:09 PM
Just remember boats have at least 1 hole in them.

I believe Trump will ultimately implode. He will utter some fool statement and his handlers won't be able to fix it. It is sad to watch a once great nation foundering nears the rocks as they are.

riggs
09-24-2016, 10:38 PM
His propensity for behaving as a 'loose cannon' will have to be severely curtailed or he will hole his own boat.

Little will change. Remember Trump exist because of Clinton's track record.

Anapeg
09-25-2016, 01:08 AM
Little will change. Remember Trump exist because of Clinton's track record.

Neither one could survive were there an actual proper candidate running against them.

riggs
09-25-2016, 09:50 AM
Neither one could survive were there an actual proper candidate running against them.

My point exactly. This is why I've told Trump haters in the past.....If Hillary wasn't so damn corrupt and wasn't in bed with Soros and Rothschild's Trump wouldn't even be a consideration. Her past has caught up to her and is undermining her own campaign.

Anapeg
09-25-2016, 06:25 PM
My point exactly. This is why I've told Trump haters in the past.....If Hillary wasn't so damn corrupt and wasn't in bed with Soros and Rothschild's Trump wouldn't even be a consideration. Her past has caught up with her and is undermining her own campaign.

Is she backed by the Rothschilds clan? That billfold ought to easily overshadow anything Trump might muster.

Anapeg
09-27-2016, 09:48 PM
Trump never shuts up long enough to even change feet.

Hans
09-27-2016, 09:59 PM
Just remember the first Romney-Obama debate.

Anapeg
09-28-2016, 05:55 AM
Just remember the first Romney-Obama debate.

My memory fails me, Hans. Who was the interrupter in that one?

Hans
09-28-2016, 08:18 AM
Romney came out on top, but we all know who ended up being President.
Google it, it is very interesting to watch.

Official Cat of Soonet
09-28-2016, 11:32 AM
It' going to be a landslide. We're talking the biggest margin of victory since Reagan. The whole it's close thing is all hype. Landslide Hans. Landslide.

Anapeg
09-28-2016, 03:16 PM
It' going to be a landslide. We're talking the biggest margin of victory since Reagan. The whole it's close thing is all hype. Landslide Hans. Landslide.

If he does win there will be several firsts for him, first landslide, the first candidate shot in the shortest amount of time, others come to mind but I have become verklempt over the thoughts. He speaks far too much while not thinking of the gun owners he is pissing on. The first time he is heard to make a racial slur or any mindless statement over a mike that is livened too soon will be his undoing. The proverbial loose cannon.

Official Cat of Soonet
09-28-2016, 04:44 PM
A Hillary landslide.

Hans
09-28-2016, 07:33 PM
Do not be so sure about that. This is all a very carefully planned strategy from Trump.
Mark my words, he will be totally different in the next 2 debates.

Anapeg
09-28-2016, 08:54 PM
A Hillary landslide.

Either way, they are going to be a target.

Anapeg
09-28-2016, 08:56 PM
Do not be so sure about that. This is all a very carefully planned strategy from Trump.

There is a grouping of words one will never see in this lifetime, Trump and carefully planned. You are having fun with us now aren't you Hans?

Hans
09-28-2016, 10:16 PM
I am serious. Trump is a very good actor and show man.
He knows that he gains more from playing the underdog who returns from a beating than he gains from just being another player in the game.

If you look at his past polling numbers you will see how much he fell after the Republican convention, and how much he gained in the past few weeks.
He knows drama is a good thing in this race, and Americans love drama. They are the drama kings of the world.

Hans
09-28-2016, 10:16 PM
I am serious. Trump is a very good actor and show man.
He knows that he gains more from playing the underdog who returns from a beating than he gains from just being another player in the game.

If you look at his past polling numbers you will see how much he fell after the Republican convention, and how much he gained in the past few weeks.
He knows drama is a good thing in this race, and Americans love drama. They are the drama kings of the world.

Hans
09-28-2016, 10:18 PM
If OJ can pull off a not guilty verdict, I am sure Trump can win the Presidency.

Barry Morris
09-28-2016, 10:19 PM
He'll probably try to bait her, and look like a fool.

Keep his mouth shut?? Fat chance!!!

Hans
09-28-2016, 10:40 PM
But that is part of his plan. He has done this all along and got votes every time.

Official Cat of Soonet
09-29-2016, 12:10 AM
But that is part of his plan. He has done this all along and got votes every time.

It's all a show right now and yes Donald is a show man but election day will bring things back to reality.

Now I keep hearing about an October surprise but we'll worry about that if it comes to fruition.

Hans
09-29-2016, 12:17 AM
I still believe he is going to make it.

Barry Morris
10-09-2016, 01:56 PM
"..there is one label that I hold above all else – American.”

Arnold won't vote for Trump.

http://etcanada.com/news/172912/arnold-schwarzenegger-condemns-donald-trump-wont-be-voting-for-republican-candidate/

Anapeg
10-09-2016, 03:02 PM
It's all a show right now and yes Donald is a showman but election day will bring things back to reality.

Now I keep hearing about an October surprise but we'll worry about that if it comes to fruition.

Showman? More akin to a snake oil salesman in my mind. A huckster if you will.

Anapeg
10-09-2016, 03:04 PM
If OJ can pull off a not guilty verdict, I am sure Trump can win the Presidency.

Hardly the same thing. OJ had Johnny Cochran leading the charge, much more adept than Trump and his entourage.

Anapeg
10-09-2016, 03:08 PM
It's all a show right now and yes Donald is a showman but election day will bring things back to reality.

The cat is right on this point, gaining followers is easier than garnering real, honest votes. When it comes down to putting your thoughts on paper everyone hesitates, thinks, weighs the outcome then and only then, casts their vote.

Anapeg
10-09-2016, 03:12 PM
"..there is one label that I hold above all else – American.”

Arnold won't vote for Trump.

http://etcanada.com/news/172912/arnold-schwarzenegger-condemns-donald-trump-wont-be-voting-for-republican-candidate/

Add to this the standing President actively, vociferously speaking out against Trump and backing a candidate he has, in the past, voiced disdain for, Hillary Clinton.

Barry Morris
10-14-2016, 10:40 PM
Poof!!!

Anapeg
10-18-2016, 02:54 PM
Poof!!!

Qu'est-ce c'est "poof"?

Barry Morris
10-18-2016, 03:50 PM
Qu'est-ce c'est "poof"?

Seems like lots of people stopped commenting when the latest Trump stupidity came out. On facebook too.

Saw some stuff on FB from 4 months ago, condemning Hillary.

Too little, too late.

Anapeg
10-18-2016, 05:57 PM
Seems like lots of people stopped commenting when the latest Trump stupidity came out. On facebook too.

Saw some stuff on FB from 4 months ago, condemning Hillary.

Too little, too late.

Now I understand. If this wasn't so important on the world stage we all would be laughing.

Barry Morris
10-18-2016, 06:39 PM
Now I understand. If this wasn't so important on the world stage we all would be laughing.

Oh, I'm laughing, trust me!!! :) :) :)

riggs
10-19-2016, 02:08 PM
It's all a show right now and yes Donald is a show man but election day will bring things back to reality.

Could that be the Wiki leaks that's being ignored by MSM?

Anapeg
10-19-2016, 08:05 PM

Good for you. I for one am more concerned right now than I have ever been, and I was in the Canadian armed services, restricted to the base during Kennedy's run at nuclear war.

Bluesky
10-21-2016, 09:58 AM

Nope. He wasn't. Well, he tried hard in the 3rd debate, but he couldn't help himself. He is an embarrassment.

She did a great job, debate wise. Not that I would support her either. Like many Americans, I could not vote for either of these two candidates and live with myself if I had a vote.

Anapeg
10-21-2016, 02:32 PM
The poor buggers lack even so much as a write-in candidate.

Bluesky
10-21-2016, 03:01 PM
They could vote for Johson, the Libertarian

riggs
10-21-2016, 11:49 PM
Nope. He wasn't. Well, he tried hard in the 3rd debate, but he couldn't help himself. He is an embarrassment.

She did a great job, debate wise. Not that I would support her either. Like many Americans, I could not vote for either of these two candidates and live with myself if I had a vote.

Finally, someone else gets it.

Anapeg
10-22-2016, 02:02 PM
They could vote for Johson, the Libertarian

He seems a dolt to me. It was he, was it not who required a refresher as to where Aleppo was, no?

Bluesky
10-26-2016, 12:14 PM
Yes, he didn't know Aleppo from Dabiq. Or Mosul. He had a brain fart.
Anyway, I am not voting. so what do I know. I just know that I would not vote for either of the turkeys who are leading the pack right now.

There is no way they will ever develop a multi-party system, until more voters grow some courage and start writing in candidates of voting for some of the smaller candidates.

Barry Morris
10-26-2016, 09:31 PM
Yes, he didn't know Aleppo from Dabiq. Or Mosul. He had a brain fart.
Anyway, I am not voting. so what do I know. I just know that I would not vote for either of the turkeys who are leading the pack right now.

There is no way they will ever develop a multi-party system, until more voters grow some courage and start writing in candidates of voting for some of the smaller candidates.

If one of the fringe candidates spent a million bucks advertising the fact that people could write in, I think he'd have a chance!!

Hans
10-27-2016, 07:16 AM
One week after we moved Nevada and Florida from "battleground" to "lean Democratic," both states appear to be snapping back to their traditional toss-up status. Our new CNN electoral outlook places both states back in the "battleground" category and increases the up-for-grabs turf to six states and two congressional districts worth a total of 87 electoral votes.

What's changed?
-- Florida (29) moves from "lean Democratic" to "battleground"
-- Nevada (6) moves from "lean Democratic" to "battleground"

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/27/politics/road-to-270-electoral-college-map-october-26/index.html?adkey=bn

Perfect timing.

Hans
10-27-2016, 08:58 PM
http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/

I have been using that poll the whole time. Now at first sight it may look like a disaster for Trump, but I advise you to follow the actual current line and traject it to November 8.
If you do that you will notice 50/50.

http://www.usatoday.com/pages/interactives/2016/election/poll-tracker/

Looks a lot better, but I think it is less correct.

https://ig.ft.com/us-elections/polls

Paints yet another picture. This one shows the amount of toss-ups needed for each candidate to win the 270.

Official Cat of Soonet
10-27-2016, 09:31 PM
The worst loss by a presidential candidate in nearly half of a Century is coming Trumps way.

Official Cat of Soonet
10-27-2016, 09:36 PM

I have been using that poll the whole time. Now at first sight it may look like a disaster for Trump, but I advise you to follow the actual current line and traject it to November 8.
If you do that you will notice 50/50.

http://www.usatoday.com/pages/interactives/2016/election/poll-tracker/

Looks a lot better, but I think it is less correct.

https://ig.ft.com/us-elections/polls

Paints yet another picture. This one shows the amount of toss-ups needed for each candidate to win the 270.

538? Isn't that the Nate Silver character featured on ESPN who couldn't predict a tornado while being in the center of a funnel cloud?

Hans
10-27-2016, 10:10 PM
Just remember: you were going to eat a Trump hat if he won.

Official Cat of Soonet
10-27-2016, 10:18 PM

I'll eat his underwear after he plays a round of golf if he wins.

Hans
10-28-2016, 06:49 PM
FBI Director James Comey told lawmakers Friday the bureau is reviewing new emails related to Hillary Clinton's personal server, a development that shook her campaign 11 days before the election.

The emails being examined are part of an investigation into Anthony Weiner, according to law enforcement sources.

After recommending in July that the Department of Justice not press charges against the former secretary of state, Comey said in a letter to eight congressional committee chairmen Friday that investigators are examining newly discovered emails that "appear to be pertinent" to the email probe.

The Department of Justice, which followed Comey's recommendation not to charge Clinton, declined to comment Friday.

The news is a major development unfolding in the final stretch of the campaign, uniting Republicans and putting the Clinton campaign on defense.

Despite lashing Clinton's email practices as "extremely careless," Comey declined over the summer to recommend prosecution. That move was instantly lambasted by Republicans -- some of whom decried the department's politicization. Comey eventually was called to Capitol Hill to testify and defend the FBI's integrity and decision process.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/28/politics/fbi-reviewing-new-emails-in-clinton-probe-director-tells-senate-judiciary-committee/index.html

And the line goes up. You do not want to be associated with Weiner if you are running for POTUS.
I hope you enjoy that underwear cat!

Hans
10-28-2016, 09:56 PM
Clinton calls on FBI to release 'full and complete facts' of email review.

Hillary Clinton forcefully called on the FBI Friday to release "the full and complete facts" about its review of emails related to her personal server.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/28/politics/fbi-reviewing-new-emails-in-clinton-probe-director-tells-senate-judiciary-committee/index.html

Well, why would the FBI release full and complete facts in an ongoing investigation? That does not even makes sense.
All she wants is to know what they know, so she can delete all the evidence on her end and claim she is innocent.
Classic!

Official Cat of Soonet
10-29-2016, 09:12 AM
Still not enough for Trump to be President.

Barry Morris
10-29-2016, 10:40 AM
Still not enough for Trump to be President.

Like the right media, Hans is scrambling to spin this!!

Hilarious!!

riggs
10-29-2016, 04:40 PM

Hilarious!!

I find nothing hilarious about either of these two candidates. Both have the potential to do some real damage on the world stage. There's no spin here Barry. Clinton's camp could no longer contain the damage from the WikiLeaks and decided it was best to get on board with the FBI for the "appearance" of cooperation. Even the Clinton News Network (formerly CNN) is struggling to put a positive spin on this news.

Official Cat of Soonet
10-29-2016, 05:37 PM
Just more of the fear factory. The world won't be any worse off now than if either of these 2 become President. There are still checks and balances. Clearly not the best 2 but it wouldn't be the end of the world.

riggs
10-29-2016, 06:17 PM
Just more of the fear factory. The world won't be any worse off now than if either of these 2 become President. There are still checks and balances. Clearly not the best 2 but it wouldn't be the end of the world.

I'm not as concerned about the puppets as I am concerned about the puppeteers. In my view, those controlling Clinton worry me the most.

Hans
10-29-2016, 06:53 PM

Hilarious!!

It is not a spin at all. I said months ago that Comey, who was a Republican until July 2016, is going to use the FBI to go after Clinton for purely political reasons.
Think about a few things here:

- First the timing. He knows this will stay headline news until election day.
- Second the association: no politician will want to be associated in the press with Weiner, who has serious issues to say the least.
- Than think about what Trump said a day or so prior to this news making headlines. He said they should stop the election and make him President. Now there is some legal merit to that statement if Clinton gets indited prior to being sworn in as POTUS, because in that case she cannot be sworn in even if she receives a pardon from Obama.

Hans
10-31-2016, 10:54 PM

Look at how the graph has changed. Trump is soaring like an eagle and will hit the 50% mark before election day.

Most every other poll has things tightening up to 3% or less, which is within the margin of error.

http://www.cbc.ca/news2/interactives/uspolltracker/
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/10/30/post-abc-poll-finds-tight-presidential-race-with-mixed-reaction-to-fbis-review-of-clinton-e-mails/

I would say at this point it is a tossup between Clinton and Trump, with Trump having the momentum.

Anapeg
11-01-2016, 12:11 AM
It is truly unsettling to think either one actually has a chance. Sad day for the U.S. a misogynistic braggart or an unmitigated thief for President.

Hans
11-01-2016, 07:16 AM
One of them will become the next POTUS. That is correct.

Anapeg
11-01-2016, 01:23 PM
One of them will become the next POTUS. That is correct.

Obviously, mores the pity. The pair of them is evidence as to how dignity, poise, and bearing have gone by the boards in the U.S. of A.

Hans
11-01-2016, 05:08 PM
Interesting proposal. Maybe they should allow 3 Presidents from 3 different parties.

Hans
11-09-2016, 05:55 AM

Well, ummmm. Yeah.

Official Cat of Soonet
11-10-2016, 01:36 PM
I noticed you haven't touched this one. ;)

I was hoping nobody noticed LOL. I'm scared to go back and look at the things I wrote.

Hans
11-10-2016, 04:46 PM

No worries Cat, I kept track of what you said.
I will post a little refresher.

Hans
11-10-2016, 04:46 PM
A Hillary landslide.

It was not.

Hans
11-10-2016, 04:49 PM
The worst loss by a presidential candidate in nearly half of a Century is coming Trumps way.

Did not happen.

Hans
11-10-2016, 04:49 PM

Ouch, that is one you should not have said.
I still offer a Trump hat as an alternative.

Hans
11-10-2016, 04:51 PM
I am going to quote some good ones from others, for a proper check and balance.

Hans
11-10-2016, 04:53 PM
If he does win there will be several firsts for him, first landslide, the first candidate shot in the shortest amount of time, others come to mind but I have become verklempt over the thoughts. He speaks far too much while not thinking of the gun owners he is pissing on. The first time he is heard to make a racial slur or any mindless statement over a mike that is livened too soon will be his undoing. The proverbial loose cannon.

He did all that and even worse. He even said he just grabs women and does what he wants with them.
The more he talked the better he did.

Hans
11-10-2016, 04:54 PM
There is a grouping of words one will never see in this lifetime, Trump and carefully planned. You are having fun with us now aren't you Hans?

Not at all, he plans everything he does extremely carefully. Like a magician.

Hans
11-10-2016, 04:57 PM
Add to this the standing President actively, vociferously speaking out against Trump and backing a candidate he has, in the past, voiced disdain for, Hillary Clinton.

Standing President said today: "My No. 1 priority in the next two months is to try to facilitate a transition that ensures our President-elect is successful"

Hans
11-10-2016, 04:57 PM

I am smiling right now.

Official Cat of Soonet
11-10-2016, 08:01 PM
It's too bad the first thread got deleted. That one was my best stuff.

Hans
11-10-2016, 08:07 PM
I agree, I just took a peek.
It had some very good stuff in it, and a bunch of predictions I made that were all correct.
I sometimes amaze myself.

Official Cat of Soonet
11-10-2016, 08:23 PM
It's a shame. On one hand I wanted Donald to win but on the other I wanted Hillary to win just because I had so much prepared for you.

Hans
11-10-2016, 08:47 PM
Gimme one, I want to see how well you were prepared.

Official Cat of Soonet
11-10-2016, 09:51 PM
Gimme one, I want to see how well you were prepared.

Ok but we have to pretend Hillary won by a landslide.

Hey Henner what is that orange thing flowing down the muddy hillside.

Official Cat of Soonet
11-10-2016, 09:54 PM

Gee I'm hungry, I wish there was a hat I could eat or something.

Official Cat of Soonet
11-10-2016, 09:55 PM
Hey Henner I heard the Trump concession speech was terrific.

Official Cat of Soonet
11-10-2016, 10:01 PM
Just things of that nature. I don't have the heart to go through more though.

Hans
11-10-2016, 10:49 PM
those are not to bad actually.