PDA

View Full Version : Thousands take to the streets to protest Trump win

Hans
11-09-2016, 10:56 PM
hey chanted anti-Donald Trump slogans. They flooded city streets. They gathered near the White House, disheartened and dismayed.

"Not my president, not today," many across the nation yelled.
In cities from Boston to Los Angeles, thousands of demonstrators gathered Wednesday night in protest of election results that mean the billionaire real estate developer will be the next president.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/09/politics/election-results-reaction-streets/index.html

1. He is your President elect, so he will be your president.
2. The USA is a democracy and he won fair and square. There is no point in protesting against him at this point in time.

These people clearly don't understand what happened yesterday.

Anapeg
11-10-2016, 12:02 AM
hey chanted anti-Donald Trump slogans. They flooded city streets. They gathered near the White House, disheartened and dismayed.

"Not my president, not today," many across the nation yelled.
In cities from Boston to Los Angeles, thousands of demonstrators gathered Wednesday night in protest of election results that mean the billionaire real estate developer will be the next president.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/09/politics/election-results-reaction-streets/index.html

1. He is your President-elect, so he will be your president.
2. The USA is a democracy and he won fair and square. There is no point in protesting against him at this point in time.

These people clearly don't understand what happened yesterday.

Those protesting know 'exactly' what happened yesterday, hence the protests.

Official Cat of Soonet
11-10-2016, 01:29 AM
He won fair and square. These are the same people that demanded that Trump concede graciously if he lost.

Bluesky
11-10-2016, 10:46 AM
Did they win fair and square? What of FBI director Comey making that remark about Hillary? Then one day before going to the polls, he says.. there's nothing to see here..

I think that may have tipped the scales.

Official Cat of Soonet
11-10-2016, 12:53 PM
Did they win fair and square? What of FBI director Comey making that remark about Hillary? Then one day before going to the polls, he says.. there's nothing to see here..

I think that may have tipped the scales.

Are you suggesting that that letter was enough to tip the scales towards Trump but the announcement before the election was not enough to sway them back to Hillary if that was the tipping point in their decision?

Hillary chose to have her own private server and she knew the rules. I don't feel sorry for any damage that caused her. The amount of things that Trump said and did during this election and still winning should be the first sign that his win has a lot more to do with emails. People wanted change and while liberal mouthpieces ranted for this whole cycle to make it appear as though he had no chance, the quiet voters spoke loudly on Tuesday.

Anapeg
11-10-2016, 02:17 PM
He won fair and square. These are the same people that demanded that Trump concede graciously if he lost.

Fair and square? You were watching a different election than I obviously. Neither were qualified for the job. He not once stood on his own merit. They both went for the lowest of low tactics and have taken elections and the Presidency to new lows. He won, by hook or by crook, certainly not fair and square.

Official Cat of Soonet
11-10-2016, 02:45 PM
Fair and square? You were watching a different election than I obviously. Neither were qualified for the job. He not once stood on his own merit. They both went for the lowest of low tactics and have taken elections and the Presidency to new lows. He won, by hook or by crook, certainly not fair and square.

Do you have any specifics as to how the process was not fair?

Anapeg
11-10-2016, 03:54 PM
Do you have any specifics as to how the process was not fair?

I find lying to be taking unfair advantage. Both used truth sparingly, to say the very least. They fabricated facts, they told lies of each other, need I say more?

Official Cat of Soonet
11-10-2016, 04:09 PM
I find lying to be taking unfair advantage. Both used truth sparingly, to say the very least. They fabricated facts, they told lies of each other, need I say more?

Liars in politics? If that's it then you will have to give some specific lies they were told. Keep in mind if any lie was proven to be a lie then it is up to the voter to use that information how they choose. It still doesn't prove that the process was not fair and square.