PDA

View Full Version : Mexico works on plan to deal with Trump's possible deportations

Hans
11-15-2016, 01:00 PM
The Mexican government is working on a plan to deal with possible mass deportations under President-elect Donald Trump, a presidential spokesman says.

"We will have to see how many of those deportations, usually done by the United States government to the countries where the illegal immigrants are from, are for Mexico," he said.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/15/politics/mexico-plans-for-trump-deportations/index.html

I think Trump has been correct on this one. If you are an illegal immigrant, you should be deported back to your country of origin and start the proper process to immigrate.
It only makes sense. What was happening is not, and should be reversed.

Barry Morris
11-15-2016, 01:37 PM
Wonder why Bush didn't do this?

Hans
11-15-2016, 03:12 PM
Maybe because he was concerned about the political backlash.

Barry Morris
11-15-2016, 09:08 PM
Maybe because he was concerned about the political backlash.

Just because Trump might not be concerned about a backlash, doesn't mean there won't be one.

Anapeg
11-16-2016, 12:17 PM
I for one see no problem enforcing a Nations laws. There are vehicles in place for those wishing consideration yet there are those who would forgive others lax, illegal approach to emigrating.

Hans
11-16-2016, 01:31 PM
What get's me is that in certain states they allow illegal immigrants to obtain drivers licences, so they could get insurance.
Prior to that they were driving around without insurance.

Now tell me why they would all of a sudden get insurance, when they have been driving around the whole time without?

Whoever thought this would "solve" the issue needs a wake up call.

Anapeg
11-16-2016, 04:32 PM
What get's me is that in certain states they allow illegal immigrants to obtain drivers licences, so they could get insurance.
Prior to that, they were driving around without insurance.

Now tell me why they would all of a sudden get insurance when they have been driving around the whole time without?

Whoever thought this would "solve" the issue needs a wake-up call.

They were treating the symptom of a systemic problem, with a problem of that magnitude, emotionally charged as it is and will be one can understand.