PDA

View Full Version : Fight looms between 'fired up' Obama and Trump over regulatory rollback

Hans
11-15-2016, 02:19 PM
A “fired up” President Obama vowed Monday that Donald Trump will find it’s not so “easy” to roll back his myriad regulatory policies, previewing a long fight ahead between his allies and majority Republicans taking control next year.

President-elect Trump has vowed to repeal and replace ObamaCare, while canceling “every unconstitutional executive action, memorandum and order issued by President Obama.”

Trump also pledges to sharply increase oil and gas drilling on federal lands while opening up offshore drilling in the Atlantic Ocean and other areas where it is blocked. Further, he wants to repeal the Clean Power Plan, Obama's signature effort to limit carbon pollution from coal-fired power plants. The plan -- the linchpin of Obama's strategy to fight global warming -- is currently on hold awaiting a court ruling.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/11/15/fight-looms-between-fired-up-obama-and-trump-over-reg-roll-back.html

Out of the way, after almost 8 years he is getting fired up.

Barry Morris
11-15-2016, 02:34 PM
Last I heard Trump was going to compromise on Obamacare.

Hans
11-15-2016, 04:12 PM
This is not just about Obamacare. This is about regulatory policies.

riggs
11-16-2016, 10:55 AM
Last I heard Trump was going to compromise on Obamacare.

I remember that as well. I believe he'll be more about altering what Obama has done more than completely replacing it.

Anapeg
11-16-2016, 01:11 PM
Now we shall see how bluff and bluster measure up when cold hard facts are applied. I, for one, await with bated breath the construction of the man's wall twixt the U.S. and Mexico.

Hans
11-16-2016, 02:34 PM
It could actually be a good thing, as it might provide work for many people and businesses.
Typically large construction projects are good for the economy and unemployment.