PDA

View Full Version : Outgoing California Sen. Boxer introduces bill to scrap Electoral College

Hans
11-16-2016, 01:37 PM
Retiring Sen. Barbara Boxer, D-Calif., introduced long-shot legislation Tuesday to scrap the Electoral College, in the latest protest from Democrats following last week's election where Hillary Clinton appeared to win the popular vote despite losing to Donald Trump.

Trump, as with all presidential election victors, won the election because he garnered the most Electoral College votes.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/11/16/outgoing-california-sen-boxer-introduces-bill-to-scrap-electoral-college.html

Now imagine if Trump would have suggested this?

Democrats lost, Republicans won.
Time to accept that and prepare for the next election, instead of trying to change the laws to favor your candidate. It is this mentality that got the Democrats where they are right now, because they have a sense of entitlement.

Anapeg
11-22-2016, 06:11 PM
It is similar here is it not. The party with the most votes does not necessarily take power? This is an honest query as my memory fails me.

Reckidecky
02-12-2017, 01:40 AM
An utter, ignorant idiot. An elected official no less. And these are the type of people that have actually been running the country. Unbelievable! I'm Canadian and know it's a Constitutional issue, for crying out loud. Has she even read it? Can she read? What a disgrace.