PDA

View Full Version : Sault Star

Official Cat of Soonet
11-29-2016, 04:24 PM
When I'm grocery shopping every now and then I see a woman handing out free papers in an attempt to convince them to sign up.

Newsflash Sault Star!!!! Focus on the web. People who want a physical paper already have it. Focus on the web product if you want any chance to survive.

This free advice is courtesy of the cat.

Hans
11-29-2016, 07:39 PM
What they should do is hand out a pamphlet explaining how to get their free phone/pad news app, and how to sign up for daily free news and classifieds tailored to your taste(s).

Anapeg
11-29-2016, 07:42 PM
What they should do is hand out a pamphlet explaining how to get their free phone/pad news app, and how to sign up for daily free news and classifieds tailored to your taste(s).

The Sault Star has none of this, do they?

Hans
11-29-2016, 07:55 PM
I was trying to imply they maybe should have this, to bring them into the 21st Century.

Anapeg
11-29-2016, 08:05 PM
Ah, you were being facetious, sorry.

Barney Rubble
11-30-2016, 10:31 PM
going online 100% would kill a few jobs in the printroom no?
i am sure they are trying to boost sales to keep these jobs afloat

Hans
12-01-2016, 06:11 AM
Kill a few jobs in the print room, create a few jobs in IT.

Official Cat of Soonet
12-01-2016, 09:50 AM
Postmedia is not overly concerned about jobs. Their concern is profit and right now there is still profit in a physical paper but very soon that generation will age out. You will never get a higher ratio of new customers to those leaving so why make the effort in print but show no effort in web. The web site is horrible and they had brand recognition as a head start.

As for more jobs, how many jobs are at Village Media? I can't say but I can tell you it's probably an ever increasing number.