PDA

View Full Version : This looks so simple

Hans
04-29-2017, 01:58 PM
I might try this myself.

Google, Facebook Victims Of $100M Phishing Scam.

[Evaldas Rimasauskas] registered and incorporated a company in Latvia (“Company-2”) which bore the same name as an Asian-based computer hardware manufacturer (“Company-1”), and opened, maintained, and controlled various accounts at banks located in Latvia and Cyprus in the name of Company-2. Thereafter, fraudulent phishing emails were sent to employees and agents of the Victim Companies, which regularly conducted multimillion-dollar transactions with Company-1, directing that money the Victim Companies owed Company-1 for legitimate goods and services be sent to Company-2’s bank accounts in Latvia and Cyprus, which were controlled by RIMASAUSKAS. These emails purported to be from employees and agents of Company-1, and were sent from email accounts that were designed to create the false appearance that they were sent by employees and agents of Company-1, but in truth and in fact, were neither sent nor authorized by Company-1. This scheme succeeded in deceiving the Victim Companies into complying with the fraudulent wiring instructions.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/google-facebook-100-million-phishing-scam,34279.html

I bet he is on a tropical island somewhere, enjoying the non recovered Facebook money.