PDA

View Full Version : Difference between Trump and Obama

Hans
05-20-2017, 04:15 PM
http://a57.foxnews.com/images.foxnews.com/content/fox-news/politics/2017/05/20/trump-shakes-hands-with-saudi-leader-doesnt-bow-as-obama-appeared-to-do/_jcr_content/par/featured_image/media-0.img.jpg/876/493/1495294316263.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

President Trump upon arriving in Saudi Arabia on Saturday did not bow to the Gulf leader as former President Barack Obama appeared to do -- a move interpreted as American weakness.

In 2009, Obama appeared to bow to then-Saudi leader King Abdullah at a G-20 summit in London.

Videos show Obama bending at the waist toward the king. The White House at the time purportedly denied that the president had bowed, with a source saying Obama was taller than the king, so he had to lean.

"taller than the King". So is Trump...

Barry Morris
05-21-2017, 05:00 PM
They'll pick at any little thing.

Anapeg
05-21-2017, 08:21 PM

Also, Trumps grasp of formalities seems to be at the least wanting.

Aristotle
05-22-2017, 08:17 AM
Also, Trumps grasp of formalities seems to be at the least wanting.

He didn't bow to sheikhs, so he gets points for that

riggs
05-22-2017, 09:28 AM

Democrats are brutal that way...

Aristotle
05-22-2017, 10:21 AM
Trump has had a shaky start, much of it of his own making, but the media has been overboard in their continual negative coverage of him.

Anapeg
05-22-2017, 01:34 PM
Should I continue to await the dispersal of all the undesirables, terrorists, Mexicans, etc, and the building of the wall which to my recollection were both top priority? I will bring up the millions of new jobs at another juncture.

Hans
05-22-2017, 01:41 PM
It is a big job, but it is being done.
The media has to understand he is the President, and stop the constant negativity towards the President. And no, he will not be impeached.

Anapeg
05-23-2017, 07:30 PM
The media has to understand he is the President and stop the constant negativity towards the President. And no, he will not be impeached.

No argument here, I still have yet to see anything concrete, so to speak.

Hans
05-23-2017, 08:42 PM
Just look at the job market and stock market. Not all coincidence.

Aristotle
05-24-2017, 08:18 AM
Should I continue to await the dispersal of all the undesirables, terrorists, Mexicans, etc, and the building of the wall which to my recollection were both top priority? I will bring up the millions of new jobs at another juncture.

He can't create millions of jobs in three months. Aren't you being a bit unfair?

riggs
05-24-2017, 12:55 PM
The media has to understand he is the President, and stop the constant negativity towards the President. And no, he will not be impeached.

He has, on occasion, been responsible for some of the negativity. The elimination of his twitter account could go a long way in helping him. Hopefully the left/MSM's temper tantrum will subside. It has become quite tiresome.

Anapeg
05-24-2017, 04:15 PM
He can't create millions of jobs in three months. Aren't you being a bit unfair?

He did make the claims, I simply bring up inconsistencies. He made mention of timelines, and those have failed to materialise.
Am I being a "bit" unfair? I will give you that and more. Donald Trump "will never be known as the ugly American, he is over qualified", (Hawkeye Pierce, Mash 4077). He is a braggart. a blowhard, unrefined, misplaced human being. He is capable of seeing the fruition of many of his promises I have little doubt. Finesse, ability to follow protocol, dignity, all qualities of a world leader are severely lacking. Once these qualities are breached I can see no turning around but possibly worsening. What is the end of this? Younger people today lack basic skills in public and this could and likely will accelerate the fall into what could be a murky mess. Convoluted I realise but a concern of my own nonetheless.

Aristotle
05-24-2017, 06:24 PM
He did make the claims, I simply bring up inconsistencies.

He did claim he would create millions of jobs. He did not claim he would do so in his first three months.

One would have to assume he meant in his four years in office. In that sense, you're short-changing him 45 months at this point, which is kind of substantial.

Judge him on this claim at the end of four years. So far,so good, his numbers swamp Obama's to this point.

Donald Trump "will never be known as the ugly American, he is over qualified", (Hawkeye Pierce, Mash 4077). He is a braggart. a blowhard, unrefined, misplaced human being.

Hey, every country has to have their Pierre Trudeau!

Finesse, ability to follow protocol, dignity, all qualities of a world leader are severely lacking.

Agreed. He is the epitome of unrefined at this point. But, at the same time, that's what attracted many people to him: they didn't want another "refined" politician as defined by the Washington,DC elite.

Younger people today lack basic skills in public and this could and likely will accelerate the fall into what could be a murky mess. Convoluted I realise but a concern of my own nonetheless.

I get what you're saying. And, it's true, one has to wonder what the young kids will get from Trump, as far as someone to look up to. In that sense, he needs to clean up his act.

But, alas, I remember being younger, coming of age politically, so to speak, and having one of the most refined gentleman to ever hold the office as my president. Protocol? The guy had it oozing out his ears.

And after eight years of him, you know what I, as a young American, took away from it all? A cigar can be a sex toy, make sure your date doesn't wear a blue dress if oral sex is on tap, and it's okay to lie under oath as long as the end result is you keep your job.

Aristotle
05-24-2017, 06:25 PM
By the way, I LOVE M*A*S*H!

Anapeg
05-24-2017, 07:26 PM
By the way, I LOVE M*A*S*H!

One more thing we have in common.

Official Cat of Soonet
05-26-2017, 12:00 PM

It's getting laughable. Throughout his whole foreign trip, even during the Manchester bombing, CNN had whether or not Trump held Melania's hand in their top three stories.

Hans
05-26-2017, 03:27 PM
And this is one of the issues with the media coverage. They still behave like if it's election time, totally ignoring Trump is now President Trump. Representing the USA is a big task, I think they can do with less absurd coverage and headlines.

Barry Morris
05-27-2017, 10:27 AM

he won't?? Nah, probably not. He'll just quit. Then Pence can get something done.

Barry Morris
05-27-2017, 10:29 AM

He sure has tried to take credit for stuff that was Obama's doing - which all his sheep implicitly believe!!

Barry Morris
05-27-2017, 10:30 AM
... Trump is now President Trump. ....

Let us know when the "ego" begins to act like it.

Aristotle
05-27-2017, 01:39 PM
He sure has tried to take credit for stuff that was Obama's doing - which all his sheep implicitly believe!!

He has never tried to take credit for anything Obama did, because Obama did nothing.

riggs
05-27-2017, 01:58 PM

Such as????

Barry Morris
05-27-2017, 05:56 PM
Such as????

He tried to take credit for the rise in employment, as I recall, very shortly after taking office. Sorry, that was the result of Obama, as much as trumpers hate to admit it.

Barry Morris
05-27-2017, 05:58 PM
He has never tried to take credit for anything Obama did, because Obama did nothing.

Gee, if Obama did nothing, then ole' Trumpy either wouldn't have anything to reverse, or wouldn't have to do a thing!!!

Aristotle
05-27-2017, 06:18 PM
Gee, if Obama did nothing, then ole' Trumpy either wouldn't have anything to reverse, or wouldn't have to do a thing!!!

So Trump trying to get rid of Obamacare is Trump taking credit for Obamacare?

How, pray tell, does that work?

Aristotle
05-27-2017, 06:19 PM
He tried to take credit for the rise in employment, as I recall, very shortly after taking office. Sorry, that was the result of Obama.

No, it wasn't. The Stock Market roared upward and employers hired in massive numbers once Trump was elected in November, as much as the anti-Trumpers hate to admit it.

Barry Morris
05-27-2017, 11:08 PM
No, it wasn't. The Stock Market roared upward and employers hired in massive numbers once Trump was elected in November, as much as the anti-Trumpers hate to admit it.

"But Tuesday’s decline shows that taking credit for stock market gains surely won’t all be smooth sailing. To be certain, a decline of 1 percent isn’t disastrous. But it becomes a notable talking point amid a rally that has been so heavily politicized. "

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2017/03/stock-market-drop/520326/

Love his approval ratings too!! :) :) :)

Aristotle
05-28-2017, 08:01 AM
Good thing he's the president, and not a television show, so low approval ratings can't cancel him :) :) :)

Aristotle
05-28-2017, 08:03 AM
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-PQrjvCI_uvU/WLy4a8_wx4I/AAAAAAAAMjM/oBxycieet3Uj1CeisPULCE954d_5c5iPwCLcB/s1600/Trump%2Bbump%2BDow.PNG

The defense rests :) :) :)

Official Cat of Soonet
05-28-2017, 08:07 AM
The jury laughs at the prosecution.

Barry Morris
05-29-2017, 10:54 PM
The defense rests

Keep going!!!

What's the source for that??

Barry Morris
05-29-2017, 10:55 PM
Good thing he's the president, and not a television show, so low approval ratings can't cancel him :) :) :)

I figure he'll cancel himself, and a real man like Pence can take over.

Aristotle
05-30-2017, 08:15 AM
Keep going!!!

What's the source for that??

The Dow Jones Industrial Average and the New York Stock Exchange.

Perhaps their names sounds familiar to you? If not, no biggie.

Aristotle
06-01-2017, 10:23 AM
...and it continues

JOBS BOOM: Private sector adds 253,000 jobs in May, far surpassing expectations, according to ADP.

In a major sign of a US economic rebound, the private sector added 253,000 jobs in May, according to payroll processor ADP. The figure far exceeded expectations of 185,000.

https://www.ft.com/content/3b9e9613-27f2-36aa-b839-39f801b45abd

Hans
06-01-2017, 08:26 PM
Obama did it again.

Barry Morris
06-01-2017, 10:55 PM
"Until he was “elected” last November, Trump never had the power or influence to do anything to Obama. He had to sit there while a person he hated — someone who was far more intelligent, respected, liked, and admired than he’ll ever be — led this nation back from the worst economic collapse in nearly a century."

https://forwardprogressives.com/heres-childish-reason-trump-likely-backed-paris-climate-deal/

Just an opinion.

"If there’s a way Trump can undo something Obama did or accomplished as president, you can bet your ass he’s going to do it. This is a childish man who cares more about appeasing his own ego than anything else, regardless of the damage done to the Earth, our allies, or American citizens."

Hans
06-02-2017, 06:19 AM
"If there’s a way Trump can undo something Obama did or accomplished as president, you can bet your ass he’s going to do it. This is a childish man who cares more about appeasing his own ego than anything else, regardless of the damage done to the Earth, our allies, or American citizens."

For some reason, he reminds me of someone.

Barry Morris
06-02-2017, 07:50 AM
Trump takes credit for 1 million jobs. Not true

http://money.cnn.com/2017/06/01/news/economy/trump-1-million-private-sector-jobs-paris-speech/index.html

Barry Morris
06-02-2017, 07:50 AM
For some reason, he reminds me of someone.

Like someone who brags about speeding on city streets?? :) :) :)

Hans
06-02-2017, 07:39 PM
Like someone who brags about speeding on city streets?? :) :) :)

No, no, that was not it. It is almost on the tip of my tongue.

Anapeg
06-02-2017, 08:29 PM
Let's stay focused, shall we? You two are supposedly moderators, try acting the part. Feud off screen but on screen is supposed to be a solid front. Hans, you are supposed to stop arguing and bickering not joining in. If you don't like the job and the politics that go with it, quit, you can both exercise your prerogative.

Barry Morris
06-03-2017, 09:36 AM
I have no problem with that. So long as it's recognized that we won't take any crap from anybody for any reason.

Anapeg
06-03-2017, 09:48 AM
I have no problem with that. So long as it's recognised that we won't take any crap from anybody for any reason.

At one time questioning a moderator was subject to stiff penalties, was it not? By hobnobbing with the riff-raff moderators are now no different from those they police.

Hans
06-03-2017, 02:44 PM
You two have some serious prejudice towards certain members, so don't act surprised when you get a whif of your own medicine back.

Official Cat of Soonet
06-03-2017, 06:20 PM
I really don't think it matters what mods say to each other at this stage of the game. If you're trying to manage hundreds of users then yes, rules can be good. There are 5 left and I for one don't care if Hans and Barry throw subtle jabs at each other. It is just how things are meant to be.

Anapeg
06-03-2017, 07:15 PM
You two have some serious prejudice towards certain members, so don't act surprised when you get a whiff of your own medicine back.

You "two", seriously? I have never had words with anyone here other than yourself when you brag of breaking laws then flaunting it. As for RW and myself, I have no problems with the man other than differences of opinion which we openly discuss like civilised humans. Barry and I behave similarly with one another. So who is the "two" of you that you mention?

Anapeg
06-03-2017, 07:16 PM
I really don't think it matters what mods say to each other at this stage of the game. If you're trying to manage hundreds of users then yes, rules can be good. There are 5 left and I for one don't care if Hans and Barry throw subtle jabs at each other. It is just how things are meant to be.

It is not proper to air dirty laundry in public regardless how small the group.

Official Cat of Soonet
06-03-2017, 07:48 PM
It is not proper to air dirty laundry in public regardless how small the group.

It's not proper to be proper on the internet.

Barry Morris
06-03-2017, 09:51 PM
At one time questioning a moderator was subject to stiff penalties, was it not? By hobnobbing with the riff-raff moderators are now no different from those they police.

There was a few who screamed about that, but a review of related posts would show anyone of moderate intelligence it was a load.

Hans
06-04-2017, 01:07 PM
You "two", seriously? I have never had words with anyone here other than yourself when you brag of breaking laws then flaunting it. As for RW and myself, I have no problems with the man other than differences of opinion which we openly discuss like civilised humans. Barry and I behave similarly with one another. So who is the "two" of you that you mention?

It is interesting how you answered that.

Barry Morris
06-05-2017, 10:22 AM
It is interesting how you answered that.

How little understanding you have!! :) :) :)

Barry Morris
06-05-2017, 10:24 AM
"Reagan created 14 million jobs in a record 70 month stretch of uninterrupted job growth, reduced the annual deficit he inherited by a trillion dollars in six years, and nearly tripled the stock market!

Just kidding, that was Obama!!"

Aristotle
06-05-2017, 11:34 AM
Barry refuses to address the jobs numbers under Trump so far. We'll take his avoidance to mean what it usually means: he knows he's been beaten again. :) :) :)

Barry Morris
06-05-2017, 11:46 AM
Barry refuses to address the jobs numbers under Trump so far. We'll take his avoidance to mean what it usually means: he knows he's been beaten again.

But anyone with a smidgen of intelligence would realize that Obama's legacy is still working!! :) :) :)

By the way, do keep your daughter at a distance from the new POTUS. You just never know!!

Barry Morris
06-05-2017, 02:13 PM
"The Gallup numbers are no anomaly. A Quinnipiac University poll released in late May put Trump's job approval at 37%. A Monmouth poll conducted in mid-May put Trump's job approval at 39%."

And...

"If history holds, Democrats would likely take back control of the House in 2018..."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/05/politics/donald-trump-poll-job-approval/index.html

Aristotle
06-05-2017, 05:46 PM
The party not in power in the White House generally wins the mid-term election.

Obama's first mid-term election, for example ...

Democrats pummelled at polls

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/nov/03/us-midterm-election-results-tea-party

Aristotle
06-05-2017, 05:48 PM
But anyone with a smidgen of intelligence would realize that Obama's legacy is still working!!

By the way, do keep your daughter at a distance from the new POTUS. You just never know!!

But the economic policies Wall St is reacting to are not Obama's at all, sorry.

As for my daughter, the president has not contacted her and asked her to join a BBS, which anyone with a smidgen of intelligence knows is the one people should keep their children away from :) :) :)

KDawg
06-05-2017, 07:11 PM
"Reagan created 14 million jobs in a record 70 month stretch of uninterrupted job growth, reduced the annual deficit he inherited by a trillion dollars in six years, and nearly tripled the stock market!

Just kidding, that was Obama!!"
Hello Barry. What colour is the sky in your world?

Barry Morris
06-05-2017, 08:54 PM
Hello Barry. What colour is the sky in your world?

Blue. Yours??

Best you can do?? Ari didn't even try. He knows it's true.

Barry Morris
06-05-2017, 11:43 PM
"...direct statements from Donald Trump aren’t really newsworthy and shouldn’t be taken seriously."

Hmmm. Had me wondering. What is this guy's job again??

https://forwardprogressives.com/trump-officials-outrageous-defense-travel-ban-tweets-left-speechless-video/

Aristotle
06-06-2017, 08:23 AM
A name with "progressives" in the title, must be a legit, non-partisan news source

Aristotle
06-06-2017, 08:25 AM
Ari didn't even try. He knows it's true.

Not only did I try, I even showed how ignorant you are of mid-term elections history.

Again, the education is free :) :) :)

Aristotle
06-06-2017, 08:30 AM
And...

"If history holds, Democrats would likely take back control of the House in 2018..."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/05/politics/donald-trump-poll-job-approval/index.html

History tells us that midterm elections are bad — sometimes very bad — for the party that controls the White House.

http://www.npr.org/2014/10/30/360133533/the-devastating-history-of-midterm-elections

:) :) :)

Barry Morris
06-06-2017, 09:48 AM
Again, the education is free

Shows it's value!! :) :) :)

You agree with me, but still try to take the shot! Hilarious!!!

Barry Morris
06-06-2017, 09:54 AM
Lots of entertainment here!!

"Trump’s Self-Inflicted Wounds Keep Coming, One Tweet at a Time"

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/first-read/trump-s-self-inflicted-wounds-keep-coming-one-tweet-time-n768686

The reason for his low polls.

Barry Morris
06-06-2017, 09:55 AM
A name with "progressives" in the title, must be a legit, non-partisan news source

I know that's not necessarily true, but I'm pretty sure you don't!!!

Aristotle
06-06-2017, 10:07 AM
okay, time for Soonet's translator again!

Hans
06-06-2017, 07:21 PM
"Stubborn"

A stubborn person is determined to do what he or she wants and refuses to do anything else:

Even as a small child, he could be stubborn.
He's very stubborn and it drives me mad sometimes.
What infuriates me is his stubborn refusal to admit that he's ever wrong.
If he thinks he's in the right he can be very stubborn.
Her stubborn streak makes her very difficult to work with sometimes.

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/stubborn

I found that interesting.

Barry Morris
06-07-2017, 10:51 AM
"https://forwardprogressives.com/report-trump-charity-funneled-money-sick-familys-company/"

"In other words, Eric Trump was taking money raised by his charity, apparently hundreds of thousands of dollars (at least), to pay to use his father’s golf club. Money that, of course, went directly to his family’s company — Trump Organization."

"..the Donald J. Trump Foundation, which has come under previous scrutiny for self-dealing and advancing the interests of its namesake rather than those of charity, apparently used the Eric Trump Foundation to funnel $100,000 in donations into revenue for the Trump Organization."

Forbes is a reputable source, don'cha think?? :) :) :)

Barry Morris
06-07-2017, 10:52 AM
okay, time for Soonet's translator again!

But of course!! It's English, and I really don't expect an american to get it.

Aristotle
06-07-2017, 11:07 AM
If only it were English, and not Morrisian, I'd have a fighting chance to understand it! :) :) :)

Barry Morris
06-07-2017, 12:08 PM
If only it were English, and not Morrisian, I'd have a fighting chance to understand it!

Yeah well, it's funny!!! Peculiar or Ha-ha, just can't figure out. :) :) :)

But hey, crying about it is just a way to ignore the posts with stuff about your "leader"!!

Aristotle
06-07-2017, 02:39 PM
I answered all your questions and concerns, good sir :)

Barry Morris
06-07-2017, 05:29 PM
I answered all your questions and concerns, good sir :)

Of course you did, as you always do!! An education once again!!

Aristotle
06-07-2017, 05:37 PM
If this was FaceBook, I'd give your post a big LIKE!!

Barry Morris
06-07-2017, 09:20 PM
If this was FaceBook, I'd give your post a big LIKE!!

Of course you would!! :) :) :)

Aristotle
06-08-2017, 09:47 AM
I'd like that, too!!

Official Cat of Soonet
06-08-2017, 12:37 PM
Live update: John McCain has completely lost it.

Hans
06-08-2017, 06:36 PM
John who?

Official Cat of Soonet
06-08-2017, 07:10 PM
Oops wrong thread. John McCain had trouble trying to get a coherent thought out today.

I picked the wrong time to post in the wrong thread.

Aristotle
06-08-2017, 08:22 PM
Time to put the Vietnam War hero out to pasture.

Thanks for your service, Mr. McCain, but it's time to call it a career.