PDA

View Full Version : Easter Bunny

Bluesky
03-07-2018, 03:17 PM
https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/requirement-to-say-easter-bunny-is-real-violated-couple-s-charter-rights-court-1.3832813

People everywhere are asking, "Is this real? Did this really happen?
Yes, it happened. In Canada. In Ontario. We can't make this stuff up. How crazy can it get?

Aristotle
03-09-2018, 11:06 AM
The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

-Ronald Reagan

Bluesky
03-09-2018, 07:14 PM
The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

-Ronald Reagan

No kidding!

Anapeg
03-10-2018, 07:14 PM
Interesting, a competition to out-crazy one another with the governments as the sole contestants. I do believe we have the lead though gentlemen.

Hans
03-11-2018, 02:47 PM
It's like those people in Europe who want to change sinterklaas because they consider it offensive.

Anapeg
03-24-2018, 03:28 PM
People finding the land of their birth untenable they move to another country to improve their position, only to immediately attempt to make the new home country just like the one they could not stand back home.

Hans
03-30-2018, 08:22 PM
Why do they call it the Easter Bunny?

Aristotle
04-03-2018, 10:36 AM
Because he's a bunny who brings treats at Easter

Hans
04-03-2018, 07:36 PM
I always figured it as a bunny from the East.
In Europe they use flying bells to deliver the treats. It makes more sense than bunnies.

Anapeg
04-04-2018, 12:45 PM
I always figured it as a bunny from the East.
In Europe, they use flying bells to deliver the treats. It makes more sense than bunnies.

You can wrap your head around flying bells but draw the line at bunnies, you are an interesting level of silly aren't you?

Hans
04-04-2018, 07:29 PM
But it does make sense: Church bells are silent as a sign of mourning for one or more days before Easter in The Netherlands, Belgium and France. This has led to an Easter tradition that says the bells fly out of their steeples to go to Rome (explaining their silence), and return on Easter morning bringing both colored eggs and hollow chocolate shaped like eggs or rabbits.

Now a bunny doing that, not so much.

Anapeg
04-05-2018, 04:52 PM
But it does make sense: Church bells are silent as a sign of mourning for one or more days before Easter in The Netherlands, Belgium and France. This has led to an Easter tradition that says the bells fly out of their steeples to go to Rome (explaining their silence) and return on Easter morning bringing both coloured eggs and hollow chocolate shaped like eggs or rabbits.

Now a bunny doing that, not so much.

Interesting, I find neither plausible and feel the whole chocolate thing to be a construct of some overstocked chocolatier only to be propagated by well-meaning if, misdirected parents. What chocolate has to do with a crucifixion I cannot fathom not to mention how a mans death and supposed resurrection ends with kiddies getting chocolate. As to flying bells, I have nothing.

Aristotle
04-05-2018, 06:51 PM
Hans, the thought of either a bunny or bell delivering eggs stretches the imagination, to be sure. But if you had to wager money on which one might actually be able to drop off an egg at your house, you'd pick a bell over a bunny?

Surely you jest.

And, the Easter Bunny is indeed a European creation:

According to some sources, the Easter bunny first arrived in America in the 1700s with German immigrants who settled in Pennsylvania and transported their tradition of an egg-laying hare called “Osterhase” or “Oschter Haws.” Their children made nests in which this creature could lay its colored eggs.

http://time.com/3767518/easter-bunny-origins-history/

Hans
04-07-2018, 03:42 PM
You can do a lot of things with a bell that you cannot do with a bunny.
That's why I would pick a bell over a bunny anytime.

Anapeg
04-07-2018, 04:35 PM
You can't with any hopes of passing the testing prove you are sane while petting a bell, Hans. You would have one hell of a wait for supper were you to try your culinary skills with a bell Old Man. Bells do not reproduce without human intervention, rabbits have no such limitations, trust me on this one. I have to say, Hans, the score, should someone be keeping score, would stand rabbits one, bells, nil, sorry.

Hans
04-08-2018, 06:35 PM
You can dive with a bell and stay under water for a long time. Can't do that with a bunny, can you?
You can tip it upside down and collect water with it.
You can use it as a tent.

Many other uses.

Aristotle
04-09-2018, 08:15 AM
But a bell is an inanimate object.

At least there is a chance a bunny could deliver some food to you. There is no chance a bell could.

Hans
04-09-2018, 06:56 PM
I think the bunny will eat the food before it gets to you.
With a bell you don't have to worry about that.

Anapeg
04-13-2018, 12:37 PM
The man seems to have the courage of his convictions.

Aristotle
04-13-2018, 01:58 PM
I do believe Hans has a pet bell at home.

I wonder what it eats

I hope it is good on walks, and doesn't dirty the neighbor's lawns

I bet the vet was surprised when he had to give a rabies shot to a bell.

Hans
04-14-2018, 10:01 PM
Another example of the many things you can use a bell for: https://www.amazon.com/QUXIANG-Dog-Bells-Training-Housebreaking/dp/B06XCSB943/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_199_lp_img_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=JRWE6RRGM5J9JDT4E1JD

theShadow
06-01-2018, 06:11 PM
You can dive with a bell and stay under water for a long time. Can't do that with a bunny, can you?

That really depends on how much you inflate the bunny

Anapeg
06-01-2018, 08:00 PM
That really depends on how much you inflate the bunny

The average bunny is only rated for 35 psi so there are limits. Now a radial bunny will withstand 50 psi be they cost very much more.