PDA

View Full Version : Digestive problems

LettuceLady
09-04-2007, 10:22 PM
Ive had pretty bad digestive problems since I was pregnant with my second daughter, October of 1999. Ive been on Renitidine, Peridot (a few others and now Domperidone. It seems like everything works for a bit then quits. I went to my NP today and am going for another round of blood work (the scope scares me). I am being tested again for Helicobacter Pylori (the first test in 2000 was negative), kidney function, cholesterol, diabeties and a few other things.
Id love to be able to enjoy a meal.
Has anyone else dealt with digestive problems? What worked & what didnt?
If it helps any, I am vegan and dont eat any deep fried foods or the like. Im not over weight (5' 8.5" * 128lbs) but am easily stressed. When I had BW done last year, my B vitamins and iron were very good.
Any input would be much appreciated.

DogsRule
09-04-2007, 10:25 PM
It very well could be IBS. Can't blame you for not wanting the scope! The only thing that scares me about it is the fact that they never seem to be cleaned well enough!

I too am having many issues with my stomach and the dr just keeps giving me muscle relaxers for it (um yeah, that works!)

So, I am shelling out $160 and I am going to see a holistic doctor. Which I will recommend to you as well. There is one in the Soo and I hear she is quite good.

I am also going in for allergy testing. Did they do an ultrasound on you?

One thing I know you can try is papaya. It helps with the aid of digestion!

DogsRule
09-04-2007, 10:26 PM
BTW, holistic dr's are covered under most insurance companies now. So the $160 at least will come back to me /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

LettuceLady
09-05-2007, 08:20 AM
DogRule...Can I have her info? I havnt had an U/S done yet.

J*B
09-05-2007, 09:02 AM
Any of you guyz ever try drinking Aloe vera whole leaf juice??

You might want to try it.. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

LettuceLady
09-05-2007, 09:24 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any of you guyz ever try drinking Aloe vera whole leaf juice??

You might want to try it.. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>
My Aunt has (she had the scope and they found pre-cancerous cells in her esophogus). Ill have to call her to see how its working. The last time that I talked to her, she had just started the aloe vera juice.

DogsRule
09-05-2007, 04:08 PM
Becareful drinking it...it can make you WAY WORSE!

Get the u/s done too..& I will try to find the holistic dr tonight after my kids are in bed

DogsRule
09-05-2007, 08:06 PM
I dont know her name, but here is what I came up with. Maybe someone in SSM would know...I believe she worked by Algoma U.

Caruso Kevin Dr
Address : 974 Queen Street East, Sault Ste Marie, ON P6A 2C5
Telephone : 705-942-7125
Category : Naturopath-Reg'd
Directory : Sault Ste. Marie

Synergy Naturopathic Clinic
Address : 120 Brock Street, Sault Ste Marie, ON P6A 3B5
Telephone : 705-949-2300
Category : Acupuncturists, Naturopath-Reg'd

Natural Path SSM The
Address : 1415 Queen Street East, Sault Ste Marie, ON P6A 2G1
Telephone : 705-254-1080
Category : Hair Removal, Holistic Health Services, Laser Therapy… more
[x]
Naturopath-Reg'd

kitca
09-07-2007, 09:57 AM
the one by algoma u is the natural path. she is very nice, and thourough. ive gone to her a few times and i really liked her, and would recommend her above anyone else. i just cant remember her name.

i was thinking along the same lines, when i read your post l.l., to try a naturopath and see if you can find relief that way.

DogsRule
09-07-2007, 12:12 PM
It might be the last one listed above...that address looks similar to where she would approximately be.

LettuceLady
09-08-2007, 09:17 PM
Thanks ladies...Ill try her out /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

skibunnie64
09-10-2007, 09:23 AM
I have had stomach issues for awhile now and use to take 2 nexiums a day. Hated taking them so I started drinking green tea. I find green tea helps settles the stomach.