PDA

View Full Version : More Leftist Hollywood Class

GenX
09-12-2007, 05:33 PM
"Comic Kathy Griffin's "offensive" remarks about Jesus at the Creative Arts Emmy Awards will be cut from a pre-taped telecast of the show, the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences said on Tuesday.

Griffin made the provocative comment on Saturday night as she took the stage of the Shrine Auditorium to collect her Emmy for best reality program for her Bravo channel show "My Life on the D-List."

"A lot of people come up here and thank Jesus for this award. I want you to know that no one had less to do with this award than Jesus," an exultant Griffin said, holding up her statuette. "Suck it, Jesus. This award is my god now."

Asked about her speech backstage a short time later, an unrepentant Griffin added, "I hope I offended some people. I didn't want to win the Emmy for nothing.""

" The speech drew fire from a leading Roman Catholic group, the Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights, which condemned Griffin's remarks as "obscene and blasphemous."

"It is a sure bet that if Griffin had said, 'Suck it, Muhammad,' there would have been a very different reaction," Catholic league president Bill Donohue said in a statement posted on the group's Web site."

LINK (http://tv.yahoo.com/show/41371/news/urn:newsml:tv.reuters.com:20070911:griffin_emmys_d c__ER)

adigirl
09-12-2007, 05:36 PM
Too much eh? But she lives in a free country and can say that. She also has to suck up the reaction as a consequence for saying it. Crazy.

Barry Morris
09-12-2007, 07:38 PM
Class?? This nothing to do with class, or the lack of it.

EVERY SINGLE CONSERVATIVE RAG AND WEBSITE FROM HERE TO KINGDOM COME has splashed this woman's name(who I never heard of before) all over with their screaming!!!

The adage is all Hollywood. "It doesn't matter what they say, as long as they spell my name right!!"

I am very sure she is now laughing and thanking you for all the free advertising!!!

GenX
09-14-2007, 04:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
EVERY SINGLE CONSERVATIVE RAG AND WEBSITE FROM HERE TO KINGDOM COME has splashed this woman's name(who I never heard of before) </div></div>

So because you've never heard of her it's no big deal?

She has a popular reality show out now; she is one of the leading female comedians around. And then there is that small little bit you've seemed to over-look: it was said on a portion of the Emmy Awards, no small awards show, by any stretch.

According to your stance it makes no sense to ever call out anyone who crosses the boundaries of good taste, because it simply gives them more exposure. That, of course, is ridiculous.

This is your same reaction whenever some liberal is shown to be a jerk ("just spell my name right"...blah, blah, blah). It doesn't work, Barry. Get a new shtick.

Barry Morris
09-14-2007, 07:46 PM
"According to your stance it makes no sense to ever call out anyone who crosses the boundaries of good taste, because it simply gives them more exposure. That, of course, is ridiculous."

It doesn't give them more exposure???

Sure, Speedy, sure. Keep up the good work, and she'll thank you.

Don't forget to spell the name right!!!

GenX
09-15-2007, 10:16 AM
Nothing original, you're just the 'same old, same old', Barry.

Quite a boring man.

(oh, and good job spreading "the peace of Christ") /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Barry Morris
09-15-2007, 10:51 AM
I'm not spreading Kathy Griffin's evil, you and all your conservative buddies are.

"The peace of Christ" is a Roman Catholic greeting I have heard many times. Thought you might take it to heart.

GenX
09-15-2007, 11:14 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not spreading Kathy Griffin's evil, you and all your conservative buddies are. </div></div>

So not many people would have known of this had some conservative mags not ran stories on it? Don't you think you're being just a tad naive?

This story was ran all over. Conservatives decided to comment on it, while some liberals used the story to poke fun at Christians.

And you're against the conservatives here. That's telling.

Barry Morris
09-15-2007, 11:17 AM
I AM a conservative, I just recognize what these Hollywood types want. It's a very old story. Career going down?? Say something outrageous, and those who hate you the worst will spread your name ( spell it right please!!) all over the world.

Thank yoy very much!!!

GenX
09-15-2007, 11:18 AM
Career going down? She's at the top of her game right now. She's never been more popular, thanks to her reality show.

Next theory...