PDA

View Full Version : Computer & Electronics Recycling and Resale 29 Sep

cleannorth
09-16-2007, 06:54 PM
Clean North's next computer and electronics reuse/recycling event will be Saturday 29 September from 10:00am until 4:00pm.

Drop off fee: $2 per customer visit. No TVs or microwave ovens.

Working second hand computer equipment for sale at reasonable prices.

For more information: http://cleannorth.org/article.pl?id=501

If you would like to volunteer to help with this event please contact volunteer@cleannorth.org

ProfessorZed
09-22-2007, 08:55 PM
Hubby and I, the Vintage Vultures, will be there for sure. Once again, we'll be looking for anything ancient or really unusual (particularly anything Commodore-related).

soldierx
09-22-2007, 09:20 PM
I'll definatly be there to check out the stuff. First time for me.

Sara
09-24-2007, 06:56 PM
I think this thread deserves a bump /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sara
09-27-2007, 07:43 PM
And another bump...

This event is so important... people, please, clean out your closets or your basements or whatever - wherever you have all your old computer junk stored - and bring it in this weekend. It's so much better to get it all recycled rather than ship it to the dump!

You'll be surprised at some of the deals you'll find there too, so take a minute and pop in, even if you're not dropping stuff off. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Mimi
09-29-2007, 05:55 PM
Got a scanner that looks brand new for $5.
Got some ram for my ancient Dell to kick it up a notch.

Thanks Clean North!

ProfessorZed
09-29-2007, 06:58 PM
Nice, Mimi! As usual, hubby and I (and we added a friend this time) played Vintage Vulture. Yeah, that was us with the lawn chair. We didn't get a parts-machine to fix our laser printer (anybody have a broken Laserjet 4V or 4MV you want to part out?), but we did pull some great stuff off the garbage heaps at the last minute. No word yet on whether hubby will get any of the Mac hardware up and running, but they're such gorgeous machines it's certainly worth a try for King Geek of Nerd Mountain.

Also, we rescued another Commodore 64. My spare room has become a home for wayward Commies, and I have no desire to complain. I'm coming to love them as much as hubby does. Better luck next time, I guess!

mboy67
09-30-2007, 01:44 AM
Yes The event went well and We filled Both of the trailers out front. I think every one found something good.

ProfessorZed
09-30-2007, 03:27 AM
We're well into the process of installing Ubuntu 7.04 on our brand-new shiny purple iMac G3, rescued from the last of the monitor pallets. So very, very glad we found room to take a chance!