PDA

View Full Version : help!

JerDawg
09-17-2007, 10:20 PM
i am having some problems with my dog and was hoping someone might be able to help me out.
Friday night my dog was eating out of her bowl when she looked up at my husband and her face was completely swollen. i figured she must have been having a reaction to some kind of insect bite or something,so i gave her some benadryl. the swelling started to come down immediately and by morning she was fine, she was fine all saturday and all sunday. Now today she has been throwing up non stop (like 8 times) and her ear is all swollen. Also her vomit has an extremely foul odor to it (almost smells like feces).I just gave her another dose of benadryl and we will see if that helps the swelling in the ear. She is drinking okay but doesnt seem too interested in eating.(however she did take some treats from my husband without skipping a beat) she seems lethargic but not overly so. Anyone have any ideas of what might be going on? it seems weird that she was fine for two days before experiencing any further symptoms. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DogsRule
09-17-2007, 10:21 PM
Bring her to the vet as soon as possible.

Krysta
09-17-2007, 10:22 PM
probably 2 different things all together.
She is probably having an allergy to something she could be eating.
My one dog had it to pork.
I will agree to bring it to the vet.

*Angel*
09-18-2007, 09:58 AM
(almost smells like feces)
Do you have a cat? Has he gotten into the litter box?

TPK
09-18-2007, 10:39 AM
how's your dog doing now? Is the vomit yellowish? Is your dog eating out of plastic dishes? Hope everything is okay!!

JerDawg
09-18-2007, 11:45 AM
no i dont have a cat peanut

yes teh vomit is yellowing tpk, she eats out of glass dishes that are cleaned often.

The vomiting has slowed down but she still got sick once this morning and her ears are still swollen, she is also still acting lethargic and hasnt eaten anything, i am taking her to the vet at 3pm, hopefully everytihng is okay. thanks for the advice

TPK
09-18-2007, 01:53 PM
Glad she's going to the vets. The yellow vomit could just be stomach bile because she hasn't had anything to eat. Our dog vomits sometimes in the morning when she doesn't eat anything. Dogs can have acid just like us. Let us know what the vet says hope she's okay.

katste11
09-18-2007, 03:34 PM
Hows your dog doing? Thinking of you both...

melissa75
09-18-2007, 08:38 PM
Glad she is going to the vet so you know forsure whats going on....When I had my dog her face and ear on one side was swollen, and she still ate well, I took her to the vet and she had an abcess in her back tooth. She always chewed on rocks and sticks and cracked one causing the infection. They had to pull it, and they let me keep the tooth...Hope your baby will be okay...Keep us posted.

JerDawg
09-18-2007, 10:30 PM
thanks everyone for your kindness, care and concern
the vet just said that she must have had some sort of bad allergic reaction to something (possibly a bite) she is one three different medications and seems to be getting back to herself already. i appreciate all theadvice and kind words

DogsRule
09-19-2007, 12:54 AM
Good to hear /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Happy she's doing better!