PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE PICK UP YOUR LOST DOGS AT HUMANE SOCIETY

elvis
09-28-2007, 09:33 PM
I dont understand why the Humane society has so many dogs this week!! And strangely enough, they have collars on! Don't people want their dogs back if they lose them? I know I owuld go crazy if I lost my dog . These poor dogs are not claimed yet and I dont understand it at all.

kitca
09-29-2007, 02:28 PM
i dont get it either elvis. our dogs are part of our family, i dont understand how some people can treat animals and pets as disposable.

leafs93
09-29-2007, 02:50 PM
I was thinking the exact same thing the other day when looking at the HS page. All those dogs found in areas with collars and no one claiming them. If my pooch went missing I would be frantically searching for then and have the HS on speed dial!

TPK
09-29-2007, 05:01 PM
I was in today it's a sad state. I'd love to take a few home but I have to wait until we get a house. Wouldn't be fair to have them all in an apartment.

kitca
09-29-2007, 06:23 PM
2 of our 3 dogs were strays i found. the 3rd comes from the shelter) both had collars, both were never claimed. though honey was so malnourished and neglected i wouldnt have given her back to the owners who let her 'live' like that.

GRUMPY
09-29-2007, 07:52 PM
Kitca I honestly don't think a day goes by where your dogs aren't thankful for what they have now they are ,3 of the finest. When mine was picked up the owners were notified that their dog was at the pound and all they said was keep her. Their loss my gain.

kitca
09-29-2007, 11:03 PM
isnt it sad grumpy, your millie is the sweetest little thing, your gain, and millie's gain too!

GRUMPY
09-30-2007, 10:27 PM
Yes shes about as good as a dog can be however its been a hard year for her, she has an enlarged heart and is on medicine for it so shes slowed down a lot but is in no pain.

kitca
10-01-2007, 06:01 PM
awwwe, honey too. something about her neglect and malnutrition and everything, her heart is ? i dont know how many times larger than its normal size, and her liver is tiny and she has congestive heart failure, and pain in her hips, and a once broken front leg, and god knows what else. BUT, would you know any of that when you see her? she is SOOOOOO happy to run and play with the other dogs she loves every minute of it.

i wouldnt have known that millie was having any problems either, im glad she is not in any pain. have you been taking her up to the creek for walks?

that is one of the nice things we can do by adopting from the shelter, sometimes the dogs had a good life and are scared and need to have a good home, and other dogs had a terrible life and deserve a good home. all animals deserve a good home, and there are so many 'surplus' pets out there.

GRUMPY
10-01-2007, 06:10 PM
mainly we've been going to Hiawatha but when it starts snowing we'll be back at Fort Creek full time, though we still get there a couple of times a week.I wouldn't have thought that of Honey seeing she's such a happy thing.