PDA

View Full Version : Mathew Good

Ultra54
09-30-2007, 08:22 PM
For thew maybe two fans of Mathew Good in the Soo, he will be playing at Algoma University Monday October 1. It will be a solo acoustic performance. I can't wait.

Chrylon
10-01-2007, 01:01 AM
I'll be there! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Adamantium Productions
10-01-2007, 03:37 PM
how much??

Ultra54
10-01-2007, 04:16 PM
Not sure how much, should be pretty cheap I figure as his overhead is nothing and it is at a school.

burnside_11
10-01-2007, 06:41 PM
I watched him last nite in thunder bay, the two girls who open are very good and matt was not only really good but hilarious

soldierx
10-01-2007, 07:15 PM
I'll be there tonight with Syko, Tickets are $22 before show and $25 at the door and $20 for students. Starts at 9pm, finally after missing 2 shows in thunder bay and 2 here in the sault I get to see him live.

Ultra54
10-01-2007, 07:50 PM
Interesting (http://www.matthewgood.org/biography-hospital-music) read. and about the Thunderbay (http://www.matthewgood.org/2007/10/here-he-goes-again/) performance.

Chrylon
10-02-2007, 01:02 AM
The show was AMAZING!

B.David
10-02-2007, 11:46 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Syko</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The show was AMAZING! </div></div>

Better than the Billy Talent, Rise Against, and Anti-Flag show? :p

Chrylon
10-02-2007, 01:47 PM
Actually.. I'd say the Rise Against show was slightly better but that's cause it was 3 awesome bands playing kick [censored] songs but the Matt Good show was a lot more upclose and personal. His songs in acoustic were really well done and sounded perfect. Load Me Up was amazing as acoustic! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Ultra54
10-02-2007, 08:18 PM
The guy sounds exactly as good as any studio recording he does. He oozes raw talent. The two girls ahead of him were also very talented and could sing perfectly. Now if only I could see the Foo Fighters acoustic show. Bummer it was on a Monday night, I got a kick out of his comment about never playing in a cafeteria before.Reminded me of when he commented about playing under the Big Top ( Roberta Bondar tent) 2 summers ago. I also remembered at that show he mentioned he enjoyed staying at our Holiday Inn. He also said it is an industry secret that our very own Holliday Inn is used by many top performers as a stop over when passing through. They don't tell anyone but he said go down there any given night and you stand a good chance to see someone famous, as if you would recognize them...lol. I wonder if Elvis stays there?

Chrylon
10-03-2007, 01:30 AM
lol Elvis.. that'd be sweet.

Ultra54
10-03-2007, 05:28 PM
Read (http://sootoday.com/content/news/full_story.asp?StoryNumber=27618) this review. And this (http://www.matthewgood.org/2007/10/a-fantastic-way-to-waste-your-money/) , from Matt himself

Chrylon
10-03-2007, 09:11 PM
Ultra... they're bashing you good on there man.

I forsee Matt never coming back to Sault Ste. Marie... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

\m/ Rich \m/
10-04-2007, 07:16 AM
[censored] him and his [censored] attitude, i met that guy at the eastgate a few years ago and he pulled the "what do you mean you dont know who i am, Im Matt Good!" I left him eating his words and hoping he wouldnt come back, but he did... shame i couldnt make the performance to boo him personally. That ****head isnt worth my piss, let alone 20 bucks.

You're paid to play, not make love to the crowd.

Edit: After reading the reply from Amanda at AUC, Fvck that guy twice, riders are a big deal, they went out of their way to make sure he was cool and he acted like a douche because he didnt get his storytime with the crowd.

Ultra54
10-04-2007, 04:27 PM
Right on Rich! That bunch of [censored] **** suckers would pay 20 bucks to eat his [censored]. That review was lame and I don't give a rats [censored] what anyone thinks about SSM. They were all hanging on the reviewers words like they were there. I was there, and I never even noticed any talking...heavan forbid. I really like his music but his and his fans artsy fartsy attitude can piss up a rope.

Stingray
10-04-2007, 07:50 PM
Personally, I would never pay one cent to see this person. It would be a waste of time and money, just not my style of music. I've heard some of his interviews, he seems very conceited. He thinks he's the best songwriter to ever come out of Canada. What a joke! I wasn't too impressed with the Sootday lady either, not everyone likes the same kind of music.

10-05-2007, 10:05 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stingray</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I've heard some of his interviews, he seems very conceited. He thinks he's the best songwriter to ever come out of Canada. What a joke! I wasn't too impressed with the Sootday lady either, not everyone likes the same kind of music. </div></div>There's a difference being proud of you accomplishments and being conceited. Also, if they patrons didn't like his type of music, WHY DID THEY PAY THE MONEY FOR THE TICKET TO GET IN??????

Dillio
10-05-2007, 11:14 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Short _Circutz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also, if they patrons didn't like his type of music, WHY DID THEY PAY THE MONEY FOR THE TICKET TO GET IN?????? </div></div>

It's a university pub, people are going to go because that's where "something is happening". I used to do it all the time, I would've never seen bands like "Our Lady Peace", "I Mother Earth" etc back in the day if I didn't go somewhere just because my other friends were going.

If they wanted it to be a golf game then they should have held it in an auditorium or theater, then it would project (even slightly) the fact that people should remain silent. Since it was held in the cafeteria (pub/bar) it was treated as so. Can you honestly imagine a band walking into Foggy's, Dock's etc and asking people not to talk or banter.

Ridiculous.

The venue was the root of the problem imo. Matt even stated he's only played theaters on the tour thus far. That's where the difference lies.

Stingray
10-05-2007, 03:59 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Short _Circutz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There's a difference being proud of you accomplishments and being conceited. Also, if they patrons didn't like his type of music, WHY DID THEY PAY THE MONEY FOR THE TICKET TO GET IN?????? </div></div>

That's right shorty, there is difference between proud and conceited. It kind of reminded me when oasis self proclaimed themselves to be the best band in the world.

Killswitch
10-05-2007, 04:48 PM
Hahahahahahahahhaha......... pathetic! Read the story linked below. Take a good hard look at this guy. Why would anyone be so worried about what this guy thinks of the Sault? Matthew Good is a complete nut-case!

http://www.dose.ca/music/story.html?id=ea2f231d-829e-4b20-acd4-84849808031e&k=96302

Chrylon
10-05-2007, 06:59 PM
If you didn't know about his bipolarity and the [censored] he's gone though you definately have no right to say anything about him.

Stingray
10-05-2007, 11:15 PM
Poor Matthew phsycho, cry me a river, would anyone like some cheese with that? I have the old violin out and ready to go. Hey, didn't he say and I quote "I'm indestructable now?" Not that I listen to his music, but that's what I was told. LMAO!!!

Stingray
10-06-2007, 11:06 PM
Well, I guess this topic is all over with already? Where's the fun in that? Now if someone was talking bad about Ian Thornley for instance, then I might've gotten a little offended... LOL