PDA

View Full Version : Kitten help needed

Strife
09-30-2007, 11:32 PM
I am in need of some advice. I am posting this for a friend. My friend recently got a kitten to help keep him company. I believe he got it when it was 6 weeks old. The kitten seemed to be fine away from its mother and was eating fine and playing regularly. When my friend first got it, the kitten seemed to be full of energy and was non stop.

Now my friend says that all he does is sleep, hardly ever plays, and doesnt seem to be gaining any weight. The kitten is practically skin and bones and my friend is worried. Before he got the kitten, he had a mouse problem and laid down rat poison to get rid of the little bugger. He was sure that he cleaned up all of the poison but he thinks that the cat may have found some left behind and ate it. Any ideas what might be wrong?

Mrs.P.
10-01-2007, 12:36 AM
What? Are you waiting for someone to tell you NOT to bring the poor cat to the Vet? My God.. obviously the cat needs to see a doctor ASAP.

Whats with people around here in this city? Why would you post a question on here, waiting around on the computer when a poor animal is probably dying? Go to the darn Vet, people. Goodness Gracious.

If the cat is skin and bones and not eating, obviously the owner has waited too long already to see the vet. Another case of back yard breeding gone totally wrong. Number one being getting it at six weeks old.
Never being seen by a vet.
Given away too early.
I'm assuming it's never been vaccinated.
And now, after not spending a darn dime on the cat ever, NEGLECTING it's right to see a darn doctor when it is sick.

Send this message to your oh so great friend. CALL A VET

Simba
10-01-2007, 01:45 AM
chill out for god sake. The person asked for an opinion, not a chastizing.

Canadian13, I would tell your friend to seek advice from a vet asap. Good Luck.

Strife
10-01-2007, 07:02 AM
Thanks Simba! My friend is planning on seeing a vet or talking to one about this problem but he asked me to post something on here since he doesnt have internet and wanted another opinion.

Simba
10-01-2007, 08:41 AM
No problem Canadian13! I hope all goes well. Keep us posted.

MagicFingers
10-01-2007, 10:54 AM
I kind of think the same way as the other person. If my at was skin and bones, sleeping all the time and I at all suspected it got into rat poison I wouldn't need a second opinion from someone on the computer. If this was a child and you suspected it got into rat poison would you post something on a website and wait and see what other people said? NO. get going to the vet NOW!

Strife
10-01-2007, 04:33 PM
Okay....maybe I havent made myself clear enough. My friend IS bringing the cat to the vet but also wants a second opinion to compliment whatever the vet says. Is that so hard to ask?

*Angel*
10-01-2007, 05:52 PM
Yes definitely first and for most seek vet advice
how long has this kitten been lethargic and acting like this?

Strife
10-02-2007, 12:19 AM
The kitten has been this way for about a few days now. Today I was over there and he seemed like his regular self but I wont jump to conclusions.

kuietgrl (got lost)
10-02-2007, 02:36 PM
Has it been to a vet yet?

Strife
10-02-2007, 02:44 PM
not yet that I know of. My friend is on disability and doesnt have a vehicle or money for a cab. I have already received a PM about this and we think it just might be worms.