PDA

View Full Version : Alternative medicine.. ACCUPUNCTURE

IMHO
10-07-2007, 09:34 AM
1. Who provides this service in this city?

2. Is it covered by health plans?

3. Is it effective?

4. What would a typical visit cost?

I keep hearing good things and wonder what experiences people have had with this alternative. Many of us do not have a doctor and perhaps this might work for some maladies.

puppypower
10-07-2007, 09:47 AM
I have a neck issue stemming from a double whiplash when I was 15 . I get wry-neck (sp) if I sleep the wrong way for any lenghth of time, very painful, the ONLY tthing that helps quickly ( usually 2 treatments) I start to feel better. If you are a member of the GHC you can pay a one time fee (approx $40.00) and then I think 8 treatments for like $8.00 each a good deal. I also went to Dino Mazzucca, he was a little more expensive, about $25.00 each but you can get right in, no waiting. He too was very good. If you have coverage with work I think you can submit and get some back. check your plan.

MagicFingers
10-07-2007, 11:01 AM
Yes medical benefits through work usually covers accupuncture up to a certain amount. That is for most medical plans through work. OHIP does not cover it but it usually isn't tooooo much usually around 25$ Dino Mazzuca is great, I go to him often.

IMHO
10-07-2007, 03:57 PM
Will accupuncture help bursitis in the upper arm and shoulder?

MagicFingers
10-07-2007, 06:32 PM
My uncle is chief of physio and he is licensed to do acupuncture. I just asked him and he said yes it is very helpful with bursitis in the upper arm and shoulder. He also says that you can really go anywhere. He is biased a bit and recommends any physiotherapy clinic for the treatment. He doesn't agree with Chriopractors but really anyone who is licensed to do it would be fine. I know Dr. Mazzuca and he is awesome.

Striker
10-07-2007, 09:53 PM
I found in the past it eliminated the pain rather quickly aiding the healing process.

IMHO
10-07-2007, 10:27 PM
thanks for all the info.