PDA

View Full Version : Dental Fears

Simba
10-13-2007, 10:54 AM
For anyone who has a phobia of dentists or anything to do with a dentist, I found this site last week which help me alot! I even mentioned it to my dentist and he is going to spread the word around to his other nervous patients.

http://www.dentalfearcentral.org/

Genny
10-13-2007, 11:43 AM
Thank you so much for that link Simba. I get in such a state just calling for a dental app't. However, I must have done something possitive with my kids, they actually like going! The 3 of them sit in the chair, sunglasses on (they have light blue eyes - bright light hurts) legs crossed, arms relaxed - ya right

MagicFingers
10-13-2007, 04:39 PM
I haven't read the link yet but I will. I don't think there are too many people out there who have a fear of the dentist like I do. 2 years ago I had gastric bypass last january I had cosmetic surgery which resulted in 300 stitches and 175 staples with 2 drain tubes. I would prefer to go through that once a year then go to the dentist....EVER! I hate the dentist don't ever want to go there. I have a huge hole in my moler right now and I am putting off going to the dentist.

Peety
10-13-2007, 09:10 PM
I am looking for a new dentist,yours sounds good.

Simba
10-14-2007, 02:14 AM
I have Dr. Detert. He is awesome! I was absolutely paranoid to go and get my tooth pulled. I had never had a toothache in all my life until last week. Turned out that my upper molar had a small infection in it. The little bit of decay couldn't be seen by eye by the dentist only by x ray. If I didn't get it out, I would have been facing an abcess or worse. The thought of that was literally traumatic! I went on a week of antibiotics and had it pulled Friday. It went really well. A couple of days before my appt, the pain was getting worse so I went back to the dentist to find out why. He just bumped up my antibiotics and pain pills. He actually took the time to show me how he was going to pull the tooth with a fake set of teeth and the tools he was going to use. He reassured me that it was going to be fine. I thought that was nice of him. He is a very gentle dentist and does have compassion and understands that people fear the dentist. He does everything in his power to make you feel comfortable and he talks you through it and keeps the mood light while doing the procedure.
Magicfingers, don't let your tooth get too bad. You don't want to feel the pain of your nerve throbbing believe me. If you don't get it taken care of, you'll have more problems.
If I can do it so can you!!!

sage
10-14-2007, 02:25 PM
Dr. Detert is a gem in his field and is up to date on everything that is available to help you with your dental care.
I HIGHLY recommend!

Miles From Nowhere
10-15-2007, 07:31 PM
Tom Detert is an old childhood friend of mine. I haven't seen him in many years, but he was always a very compassionate person. It only makes sense that he ended up in a medical field.