PDA

View Full Version : Psoriosis.

sage
10-14-2007, 01:27 PM
I've recently developed this pain in the butt skin problem - I've never had it before until I moved back here to the Sault. I find ALOT of people here in the Sault have it but I'm more interested in learning how you cope with it, treat it and what worked for you. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

ssm sucks
10-14-2007, 11:48 PM
I use Betamethasone. I only have a mild case I guess.(elbows and knees mostly) While in my eyes it is not minor, but compared to what I have seen it is in fact pretty minor.

sage
10-15-2007, 01:34 PM
I have that Betaderm, have tried all types of home remedies and I'm quite discouraged that you can only "control" it, not get rid of it.
I've seen it very bad on a few people and feel for them because first of all its embarassing second of all, its itchy and painful.
Has any tried that photolight therapy?

kathy590
10-17-2007, 09:55 PM
I have mild case of it too, I use the same as 1981 Star, for years. My sister has had severe psoriasis since she was in Grade 8. Miraculously, anytime she was pregnant, the psoriases completely disappears.

A*lil*Loopy
10-18-2007, 07:07 PM
I personally don't have it, but do know someone who does and they were going for the light therapy. It worked great, he said it made a huge difference. He had tried everything else but the light therapy was the fix for him. I saw him before and after his treatments and there was a great deal of change for the better.

I haven't spoken to him for a couple of years so I can't be of any more help than that.

Misschix
10-18-2007, 08:40 PM
I developed severe psoriasis when i was little on the inside of my legs
It finally went away when i had my first child but....then i developed it on my right knee and it is like 2 patches they are little but bug me..they are not itchy at all either
I have been prescribed so any creams
I find that if i put baby oil on it everyday constantly or vaseline or penaten (zincofax sp? as well) it tends to diminish
but i have to constantly do it or it comes back
I had a great aunt who did something else but i would never try
she had it bad on her face and they were told to put period blood on it and it worked for her...me i wouldnt do it..

Jackie B
10-18-2007, 09:17 PM
Wow, the person that discovered THAT little treasure of info must have been desperate. LOL

sage
10-21-2007, 09:44 AM
Yikes!! hehe /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif ....
I read an article on Uropathy, how urine is suppose to be "clean" that people have used it by drinking it or applying it to their own skin.
UMMMMM...not gonna happen!! ( thats farkin gross!!) /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rofl.gif

Babzz
10-21-2007, 10:29 AM
Have you tried bag balm or meca ointment? Both work wonderfully when my exema sp? flares up.