PDA

View Full Version : Can Anyone Answer This?

billy42s_little_sis
10-15-2007, 08:04 PM
I stopped in at the Humane Society today to check out the dogs and while I was in there I went in to see the cats...Lo and behold there is a cat in there I could have sworn used to be mine. About 2 years ago I had taken 3 grown male neutered cats from a lady that needed to get rid of them or else they were going to the Humane Society. After having them for a year I had given one to a friend of mine who really wanted a grown male cat that was good with kids. We had stopped talking shortly after. As far as I knew she still had him. But when I was there today i was almost positive it was the one I had given her. So I contacted her when I got home to find out and it turns out he had ran away from her months ago I guess and now she lives in Sudbury. So it is him. And I want him back. I have his vet papers and everything here in my filing cabinet. I feel terrible for the poor guy. If I had known she would be so irresponsible I would never had given him to her in the first place, he is such a lovable cat.

So my question is...How would I go about getting him back? Do i have to go in and adopt him or do I just bring the papers in? I just don't know how to go about it...I'd like to do it tomorrow first thing so if anyone can help me out I'd appreciate it.

Barney Rubble
10-15-2007, 08:12 PM
not trying to be rude BUT why not ask the humane society.
they are the experts.
soonet is just opinions!

billy42s_little_sis
10-15-2007, 08:14 PM
because they are closed...

Lollypop
10-15-2007, 08:15 PM
I would think it would be cheaper to adopt him, then to pay pound fees. I really don't know the answer though.

billy42s_little_sis
10-15-2007, 08:19 PM
See that was why i was wondering...I had given him to a friend over a year ago...

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
10-15-2007, 08:28 PM
I think you would have to pay to adopt him again since he is in their posession. Being that you have your papers you could always bring them in as there is nothing to lose doing so. The fees are pretty reasonable if the cat is already fixed. I cannot go in there anymore as I feel very sad for all the animals and want to take them home. Good luck, keep us posted...

hp2
10-15-2007, 09:03 PM
think they may ask you!! Why you got rid of him in the first place is all, and they will prob want resonable explanations

kitty&mimi
10-15-2007, 09:21 PM
im thinking u would go back in and adopt him, although maybe i would talk to one of the girls there or cindy and explain the situation....
as 6th mentioned, even if u were to adopt him the adoption fees would be ok since he's already neutered, so think of it as a "donation"
poor guy eh
good luck and keep us posted

tippikitty
10-15-2007, 10:16 PM
Is it that your trying to get the cat for free? Claiming that it use to be yours?

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
10-15-2007, 10:17 PM
Doesnt sound like it. Just something she hasnt done before from the looks of it...

chase_me
10-15-2007, 10:33 PM
i would assume that you would have to adopt it, papers or not. There is no proof with those papers that he cat is the same one. If he was a stray then they would not know his true name, and the markings could be coincidence or they could assume you went in and found a cat that looks like the one on your papers.

I dunno for sure and i would suggest you go in and ask

SusyQ
10-15-2007, 10:33 PM
No money's a genuine person I believe her when she says it's hers. I would just outright ADOPT him and forget about the vet papers.

tippikitty
10-15-2007, 10:43 PM
I'm not saying it in a negative way. I'm just thinking if you tell them the cat use to be yours thinking you won't have to pay an adoption fee they might screw you with boarding fees or might not adopt him out to you at all thinking your not responsible enough because he ended up there. Not saying that is the case, I'm just saying you never know what they are going to think or do.

I think the best bet would be just to go there and adopt him out without mentioning it could possibly be a cat you once owned.

Also like someone else had said.....There really is no way of proving he is yours unless he is tattooed or chipped and I doubt that he is tattooed and if he was chipped with your name they would of informed you he was there.

billy42s_little_sis
10-15-2007, 11:06 PM
No Tippikitty I'm not trying to get him for free...geeze...I have pictures of me with him from when i had him and all his vet info...I didn't even know he was there until today when I went in there just by chance....

kitty&mimi
10-16-2007, 08:49 AM
i would do as tippy said
just go in and adopt him
the less said, the better

Super Gram
10-16-2007, 04:43 PM
I agree.......the less said the better

billy42s_little_sis
10-16-2007, 05:03 PM
So I went in today...and was completely honest...and the ladies at the HS were super sweet....I don't get paid until Friday so they are keeping him for me until then so I can go and re-adopt him!!! So it's a Happy ending for Stevie and Me!!!!

kitty&mimi
10-16-2007, 06:12 PM
/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/beerchug.gif

tippikitty
10-16-2007, 06:17 PM
Glad to hear.