PDA

View Full Version : Adult Cat Problems

Genny
10-19-2007, 10:49 AM
My daughter lives in Whitehorse. She has a 7 year old female "altered" cat, (owned since birth) The cat, Ashton, was "fixed" about 2 years ago. Since then she has developed a constipation problem. My daughter has spent just under $2,000.00 in vet bills, there are only 2 vets in Whitehorse. I say something must have gone wrong when she was spayed. The vets told her the same thing - colon does not contract, therefore no elimiation... now the cat is on meds to correct this - however it costs her $90.00 a month for the pills - which are working - but she is going broke.
She loves this cat, and cannot put it down, Any ideas? Thank you.

grantsgetaway
10-20-2007, 06:53 AM
see if you can find the pills online maybe on ebay... we get our dogs meds on ebay for much cheaper! We get them from the same person every time we need them. I sure hope that she can find a cheaper way to get them.

Genny
10-20-2007, 09:04 AM
Thank you Tammy & Peter, never thought of that. I will be talking to her today and will mention it. I've never shopped on eBay, do you look under a heading, i.e. Vet services or something. You see I am such a greenhorn!

kitty&mimi
10-20-2007, 12:46 PM
i would look online period, not just ebay (which, by the way, is a good place too)
what about checking across the river, if they're that much cheaper u can ship them to her