PDA

View Full Version : Pet Grooming

us2
10-19-2007, 10:59 AM
The place where i have my girl groomed is now relocating out of town. So i'm currently looking for a new groomer, has anyone ever been to the PAMPERED PETS GROOMING SALON or Blue Ice Kennels?

kitca
10-19-2007, 01:42 PM
no i go to linda grooming or joyd, who posts on this website.

binky
10-19-2007, 01:46 PM
i went to linda's for the first time for nail clipping nice people seem to give a little extra

MagicFingers
10-20-2007, 05:07 PM
I know my parents take their dog to the groomers on or near Korah rd and Second Line. They love the service they get and Molly loves to be pampered.

TPK
10-20-2007, 05:42 PM
I take my dog to joyD's

*Angel*
10-20-2007, 05:52 PM
Heather- At Wipe Your Paws is great
40$ for bath...nails...hair cutting

LadyNina
10-20-2007, 11:22 PM
us2, you might want to consider Joy or Linda's Grooming. They are both highly recommended.
I've been approached by tons of people as to where to take their pets now, and I've had a ton of positive feed back from both of these groomers. As well as Joanne Johnson out by the airport.

If you have any questions, please give me a call, or pm me.

DogsRule
10-21-2007, 01:07 AM
I believe blue ice is Joanne isn't it? I could be mistaken. Anyways, Joanne breeds Austrailian Shepherds. I've never seen her grooming results, but she is a very nice lady and breeds the smartest, most beautiful A.S's I've seen (we had one stay with us a little while, great dog). Judging by her dogs coats, I would say she has experience grooming /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Peanut, Heather I believe is relocating.

us2
10-21-2007, 10:31 AM
Yes Heather is relocating to Echo Bay I believe...

Thanks Yips, I will give you a call.

I had an appointment with one place than decided to cancel as she did this out of her home, which concerns me with the size that Sadie is, she needs more room than in a bath tub.

Design Dog
10-22-2007, 01:01 PM
Ya Dogs Rule Blue Ice Kennels is Joanne and she is an extremely nice lady and has beautiful Aussies.

Joy.D
10-23-2007, 07:13 PM
I do Grooming out of my home and I have more than enough room for any size dog or cat. I am right on Korah Rd

tippikitty
10-23-2007, 08:09 PM
How much do you charge for a large dog around 80 pounds? She's part Shepard and part from a good neighbourhood. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

us2
10-23-2007, 11:11 PM
If you don't mind me asking, how do you control a large dog who doesn't want to be groomed?

tippikitty
10-24-2007, 12:32 AM
Yeah good question us2!

TPK
10-24-2007, 11:01 AM
I can answer that since I've been to Joyd's while she was grooming my ( used to be unwilling) dog. She's got all the same table attachments as any other groomer does. When my dog wouldn't stand she put her in this collar like thing to help her stand still (sorry don't know the proper name for the restraint). Then since she's only got one dog at a time she talked to my dog and took her time with her making sure she was comfortable. This is fully my own opinion other people may have different opinions I'm sure, but I personally prefer a home setting where my dog won't get so stressed out with other dogs around. Since she's started going there I've seen a complete change in her additude. When I go to pick her up she's not interested in going in the car she wants to stay and play which to me means she's actually enjoyed herself and not been stressed. Decide for yourself, but I recommend giving it a shot once, and then if you don't like the job she does then don't go back. Call her and ask 251-1001

Joy.D
10-24-2007, 12:06 PM
I don't really think it is about control. I think it is convincing the dog that the experience is not so bad. I have all the tools and attachments to my table as any groomer has to hold the dog's head in place.(Grooming arm and noose) Normally once the head is in place the rest of the dog's body follows. TPK is correct. I book only 1 dog at a time. I do not have a bunch of dogs in cages barking and getting stressed. If I feel that your pet is feeling a lot of stress I will let him/her take a break we will go outside for a pee/poo or just sit and relax and snuggle for a bit. Then we start grooming again. I leave myself lots of time between appointments so I do not have to rush. If your pet requires some restraint I am not a small person and am able to lift and control a large dog. I always have another person around(usually my husband) to assist if needed. If I find that I cannot groom the dog for what ever reason I call the owner and have the dog picked up. Usually No charge for the groom.
I do not expect any dog to be perfectly cooperative. No dog likes to be dropped off at a stranger's and have the stranger touch them all over and clip their nails. I have never met a dog who LIKES to have it's butt shaved or scissors around it's eyes. But I work to make the experience as pleasant as possible. Your pet is treated as a member of my family from the time it enters to the time it leaves.
Being Comfortable with the groomer you choose is very important as you are trusting them to take care of a family member.

us2
10-24-2007, 01:22 PM
Thanks to eveyone who responded.

I've already made an appointment for her to get groomed but i'll keep you in mind next time around, sometimes that's 3 months, and sometimes its as soon as she gets home...lol

Just got to love the BIG white teddy bears..lol

Joy.D
10-27-2007, 01:59 AM
I look forward to the possibility of meeting her