PDA

View Full Version : vet across the River

LettuceLady
10-19-2007, 01:02 PM
Can anyone reccomend a vet across the River for a spay? Animal Kingdom is adefinate no no so anyone aside from them.
Ive only found 2 other vets across; Chippewa (sp) and McCrumbs.
I usually stick to this side but with Weyerhaeuser's closure, every penny counts right now /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

kitca
10-19-2007, 01:41 PM
my choice would be the mcrumbs, they are wonderful!!!

Evangeline
10-19-2007, 02:02 PM
I agree with Kitca.

Puppy Lover
10-19-2007, 02:04 PM
I agree with McCrumbs as well

everywoman
10-19-2007, 02:12 PM
McCrumbs. Two thumbs up!

*Angel*
10-19-2007, 04:33 PM
I recommend the Mccrumbs at the Sault Animal Hospital as well...Great care my animals get...My moms goes there as well

tippikitty
10-19-2007, 05:39 PM
Can I ask why the Animal Kingdom is a no no?

MagicFingers
10-19-2007, 07:17 PM
I ws wondering the same thing. My parents dog goes there, she is a golden retriever. She also had her spay done there, the staff are wonderful and the treatment gets is top notch. The vet is amazing and caring.

Wondering why you were so opposed to it.

Arimac
10-19-2007, 07:20 PM
McCrumbs - absolutely!

LettuceLady
10-19-2007, 08:20 PM
Ive heard a lot of things about that place. I hear the vet is super nice but her staff is something else. Also, Ive seen 2 cats come out of there from neuters (1 my sisters the other my friend) and they were groggy for 2 days and could barely stand. I dont think that they use isoflurane there which is the safest. Mine we all fixed on this side (the ones that werent when I got them) and it was like nothing happened, they were walking and wanting to eat etc...That was at Palmers & Gunums. Anywho, both those places in the US are booked until the end of January and the other in February. Macy will be 6 mos. on the 3rd of November and although persians go into heat later that other cats, I dont want to chance it so Ill likely go back to Gunums. He is $183 and Palmers is $240 for a female.

tippikitty
10-19-2007, 08:31 PM
Holy ****tt that is a crazy price, $240 for a cat! No wonder I go across the river. I wouldn't be able to afford the 3 cats that I have if I had to pay that kind of money on this side.

Did you see if maybe you could go on a cancellation list across the river. Maybe someone can't make their appointment or cancels and you could be called to fill their spot?

I wish you luck because I know what it's like to be facing a strike or job loss and having to watch the money you spend.

LettuceLady
10-19-2007, 08:35 PM
I did ask that but you have to have an appointment to be called at one of them. I did leave my name at the other. Dont ask me which one, lol. Its been a crazy 24 hours, boy! We knew it was coming but just not this quick! If I dont hear anything by mid-Novemember, Ill just book with Gunum. I have 100% trust in him anyways.
Thanks everyone /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

tippikitty
10-19-2007, 09:09 PM
Well good luck!

DogsRule
10-19-2007, 09:58 PM
mccrumbs only

MagicFingers
10-19-2007, 10:09 PM
Just goes to show everyone's experiences are different because I wouldn't go anywhere else other then animal kingdom but I respect your opinion you have to do what you are comfortable with.

DogsRule
10-20-2007, 01:18 AM
I only ever used A.k. to neuter my male rats. They were good with them and charged me 3 times LESS then any canadian vet wanted.

For my dogs, I have not dealt with A.K. However I've dealt with the other vets, and from personal experience as well as experience I've had professionally and that friends have had, I would ONLY recommend the McCrumbs.

TPK
10-20-2007, 03:31 PM
I'm the same. It's to bad you didn't call a little earlier to book your appoinment. I love both the McCrumbs wonderful people and very caring/sensitive vets

*Angel*
10-20-2007, 05:47 PM
240? holy crap
thats alot

LettuceLady
10-20-2007, 06:25 PM
Ya & thats for a kitten! When I rescued my adult persian Annie 3 years ago and had her fixed, it was $212. Id hate to see what they charge now for an adult!!!

katste11
10-21-2007, 03:37 AM
McCrumbs all the way!!

mod 3.0
10-23-2007, 05:14 PM
Everyone place you go to will have a bad story.
I use animal kingdom and swear by them.
The staff to me are so warm and friendly and helped calm me down in the worst situations with my babies.
A vet is definately a preference. I would go to both and meet with them so you can decide who you feel would be the best for your babies.

My male cat was done here and he too was out of it for a few days, but then again after you get an operatiion how hot do you feel right after?

kuietgrl (got lost)
10-23-2007, 05:23 PM
My Danes were both fixed at Animal Kingdom. Ivan was groggy for a bit when he came home (but if you know him, it's because he's a big suck and milked it lol) but Stella, who had the more invasive surgery, was running around and playing within hours of coming home. I had to restrain her so she wouldn't pop a stitch.

Personally, I like Animal Kingdom and have NEVER had a problem with the vet.

LettuceLady
10-23-2007, 10:25 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Thumbelina</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Everyone place you go to will have a bad story.
I use animal kingdom and swear by them.
The staff to me are so warm and friendly and helped calm me down in the worst situations with my babies.
A vet is definately a preference. I would go to both and meet with them so you can decide who you feel would be the best for your babies.

My male cat was done here and he too was out of it for a few days, but then again after you get an operatiion how hot do you feel right after? </div></div>
Like I said, AK is probably not using Isoflorene. All of my pets had it when they were fixed and it was although they didnt have surgery that day. Comparing them to the 2 cats that I saw come out of there is unbelievable!!! It is the most safest anesthetic out there so I wouldnt go anywhere where they dont use it! AK now charges for a pre visit before any spay/neuter.
Macy needs to be done by the end of the year so going across is no longer an option now because of not being able to get in until the new year. I will be going back to Gunum /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif