PDA

View Full Version : SAULT ROLLER GIRLS

NativeMomma
10-21-2007, 12:13 PM
not sure if this goes here...but i am putting it here anyways...i came across this on sootoday...

My name is Elora Nelson. This past July I started the Sault Roller Girls. I am hoping to bring attitude, fun, and skating to the Sault via roller derby, a fast growing sport with new leagues popping up all over Canada all the time. SRG is still just starting out, but already I can see that the interest is there. We are currently recruiting, as we do not have enough people involved yet. But I hope that that will all change soon! New women continue to join our Facebook group, and I am very excited by this. We hope that the group will continue to grow, as well as the league.

We are currently looking for FRESH MEAT (roller derby term used for new people). So, if you would like to be a roller girl, referee, sponsor, or volunteer, please be sure to contact us! Roller derby will take some time and work, but you will quickly realize that it is definitely well worth it, and a lot of fun!

For more information, please view the Sault Roller Girls site. I really do look forward to hearing a response. Thank you!

Elora Nelson
Sault Roller Girls Founder
(705) 253-2044
http://www.saultrollergirls.com/

MandrakeRoot
10-21-2007, 02:21 PM
This is exciting. Good luck! I'll pass this news on to a few people that I _know_ will be really excited.

houlegan
10-23-2007, 06:19 PM
I'm in...anyone else up for the challenge?

You get to pick a cool derby name...LOL.

DeleteAccout
10-23-2007, 09:33 PM
Elora's a close friend of mine. If anyone has any questions the dont feel like emailing across .... just lemme know. I will relay the message

Cher
10-24-2007, 05:51 PM
COOL.. I don't know if I can be a Roller Girl (gotta protect my wrists.. ) BUT I would most certainly be interested in volunteering.. :P
Lemmie know if Pole Girl can be of service... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

houlegan
10-24-2007, 09:58 PM
Hey CherRN -

Elora Nelson
Sault Roller Girls Founder
(705) 253-2044
http://www.saultrollergirls.com/

call or email info@saultrollergirls.com

to apply for volunteer or get more info.

houlegan
11-03-2007, 07:48 AM
Pass the word along please - Meeting for anyone who is interested in participating - team, volunteers, referees, or just want to check it out!

Time and Place Date: Tuesday, November 6, 2007
Time: 8:00pm - 10:00pm
Street: 542 Bay St
City/Town: Sault Ste Marie, ON

Contact Info Phone: 253.2044
Email: info@saultrollergirls.com

Come on out and have a coffee with us!!!