PDA

View Full Version : hospital was on lock down?

bLiNd_SiDeD
10-24-2007, 12:40 PM
I just got off the phone with a family member and my step dad was taken to the hospital, when they got there it was on lock down cause of some lunatic having a gun in there.

Anyone know anything about it?

lynys
10-24-2007, 12:43 PM
There were a ton of cops heading that way this morn at about quarter to nine.

Not sure what was going on, but I saw three cars pull in there.

b&aMom
10-24-2007, 12:45 PM
If that's true, isn't that just what our over-worked and over-stressed medical professionals need. Nice. Hope the gun part's a rumour and nothing more.

bLiNd_SiDeD
10-24-2007, 12:47 PM
I hope so too, those employees and patience are under enough stress to have to worry about that.

MaO3
10-24-2007, 01:43 PM
While I was in the bank at lunch time today, I overheard a man telling a bank employee about a guy with a gun and a lock down.
(I don't know if he saw the guy with the gun)

No mention of it on any of the newsites though?????

Babzz
10-24-2007, 01:59 PM
OMG..
what the hell is going on in this city lately!!!

Simba
10-24-2007, 02:28 PM
No kidding.

Andre
10-24-2007, 02:35 PM
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f308/Andrjohson/Pics4/onoes.gif

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f308/Andrjohson/Pics%202/blahblahblah.gif

Madmax
10-24-2007, 02:37 PM
Yes this is a serious thing to think about and just imagine if you were waiting in there at the time this may have occured. Some ppl have asthma and others have anxiety attacks, now to have a gun wielding individual running around half cocked can lead to more serious results for those types of ppl waiting.

I know our health care is lacking, but never bring a gun as it will make your life even worse then waiting for 3-4 hours for a cut or sick to stomach feeling.

Who knows, cause as of right now this is not a confirmed report at any news place, but if it is true then who knows why the person did it. Until we see confirmed reports we won't know the circumstances involved.

Andre
10-24-2007, 02:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MadMax</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I know our health care is lacking, but never bring a gun as it will make your life even worse then waiting for 3-4 hours for a cut or sick to stomach feeling.
</div></div>

2007 Work Around
Show up to emerg with gun
Scare the crap out of everyone
shoot yourself in the foot...
Instant health care for whatever brought you there in the
first place
Released on "Time Served"
(you'll probably be in emerg longer than your sentence would have been).....

win win

SusyQ
10-24-2007, 03:06 PM
http://www.sootoday.com/content/news/full_story.asp?StoryNumber=28048

ssmarie
10-24-2007, 03:06 PM
Officers from the Sault Ste Marie Police Service Patrol and Emergency Services Unit were called to the Sault Area Hospital this morning at 8:30 a.m. regarding an 81-year-old male that had attended there with a gun.

Officers responded and the male was arrested at 9:09 a.m. and taken into custody.

The male received non-life threatening injuries at the time of his arrest.

The SIU (Special Investigations Unit) has been called in to investigate

There are no further details being released at this time.

The Chronic Liar
10-24-2007, 03:07 PM
Man is it me or are old people getting violent. time to toughen up the old offenders act

Genny
10-24-2007, 03:09 PM
I feel for the old guy, I wonder what is going on in his life?

dancingqueen
10-24-2007, 03:10 PM
looks like the story right here.... doesn't say anything about him being a danger to anyone else... but then again, who brings a gun in to a hospital?
http://sootoday.com/content/news/full_story.asp?StoryNumber=28048

dancingqueen
10-24-2007, 03:11 PM
damn u susy, you got it before I did /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif

SusyQ
10-24-2007, 03:12 PM
Sorry sugarlips! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif

dancingqueen
10-24-2007, 03:14 PM
it's okay, I forgive you... it's a good thing your cute /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Karen-Annie
10-24-2007, 03:15 PM
I remember back when I worked coronary care on second floor at the General in the early 70's.I was working 3-11 and that day the staff had transferred a little old Italian man out to the floor and he was in a semi on the river side at the east end.Visiting hours arrive in the evening,family comes in to visit.Son and son-in-law get into an argument,one of them stomps off and returns 1/2 hour later,steps off the elevator on second brandishing a gun.I was truly amazed at how quick the cops got there because it seemed like mere seconds from him stepping off the elevator to the police arriving on the floor.They made it there so fast that he didn't even have time to stop at the patient's room before taking off down the stairs.They caught him outside the hospital.

IF there was an incident today,it's not fair to say "What is this city coming to these days??" There have been incidents of weapons being brought in and violence over the history of both hospitals.

Super Gram
10-24-2007, 03:54 PM
Yes there has been threats over the years. Some young people weren't there back then say 1940's.

Madmax
10-24-2007, 03:54 PM
81 year old, what was his issue?

crazymamma
10-24-2007, 03:55 PM
ok...81 year old should not drive nor own a gun....period!

Madmax
10-24-2007, 04:04 PM
He probably don't drive and walked there and was pissed off at the wait time.

Return of Too Many Daves
10-24-2007, 04:17 PM
Interesting. I doubt the posts would be so understanding as these if it had been a tweenager! Certainly no sympathy and more than a little "throw the book at him".

tasma
10-24-2007, 04:24 PM
That's because teenagers usually know what they are doing and the consequences of their actions. If he is 81 he might have dementia if not he probably doesn't have all his faculties about him.

Madmax
10-24-2007, 04:25 PM
Yeah ok throw the book at him, send him to jail for 20 years, he will be 101 when he gets out.... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

SusyQ
10-24-2007, 04:26 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tasma5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's because teenagers usually know what they are doing and the consequences of their actions. If he is 81 he might have dementia if not he probably doesn't have all his faculties about him. </div></div> /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/high5.gif I agree!

Tutones
10-24-2007, 05:15 PM
I heard from an eye witness that they had to shoot him in order to arrest him! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Madmax
10-24-2007, 05:20 PM
Shoot him?

Tazer or Paint Ball or Bean Bags or Gun?

Return of Too Many Daves
10-24-2007, 05:21 PM
BS teenagers don't know what they are doing, they're normally off their tits on drugs.

Seriously it is interesting how you prejudge the situations differently.

tippikitty
10-24-2007, 05:24 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Return of Too Many Daves</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> they're normally off their tits on drugs.</div></div>

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif never heard it put that way before. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif

Madmax
10-24-2007, 05:24 PM
He is older and yes no excuse if he is found to be SANE.

Tutones
10-24-2007, 05:27 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MadMax</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shoot him?

Tazer or Paint Ball or Bean Bags or Gun?

</div></div>

That was exactly what I asked him when he told me that.

It was a Gun, which is why the SIU has to do an investigation (there is one everytime an officer fires a weapon). And this came from someone who knows what a gun looks like and sounds like when fired, in case that was your next question. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

MaO3
10-24-2007, 05:30 PM
I was going to say that the reason for the SIU is usually an officer involved shooting or something of that nature.

I'm surprised that they didn't release that information.

dancingqueen
10-24-2007, 05:37 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Return of Too Many Daves</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seriously it is interesting how you prejudge the situations differently. </div></div>

interesting, but not suprising... typical soonet judge, jury and executioners here /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/snore.gif

Madmax
10-24-2007, 05:38 PM
Yes that is surprising it was not released at the time of the news. They did say the guy only received minor injuries, possibly they shot him in the leg or foot.

Madmax
10-24-2007, 05:39 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dancingqueen</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Return of Too Many Daves</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seriously it is interesting how you prejudge the situations differently. </div></div>

interesting, but not suprising... typical soonet judge, jury and executioners here /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/snore.gif</div></div>

We sooneters will hang em all until they are tried and found not guilty.

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
10-24-2007, 05:40 PM
Seriously though, I love how some people want to give teenagers a pile of therapy rather than jail when they commit crimes and then on the other hand if the culprit is too old they have some sort of mental illness and doesnt warrant jail time either. This society because of some misguided ideas and worse misguided laws have basically given these law breakers the impression that everything but themselves is to blame....

dancingqueen
10-24-2007, 05:44 PM
I guess it's evolution?
nothing is our fault

Macs II
10-24-2007, 05:45 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The 6th Member Of AC/DC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seriously though, I love how some people want to give teenagers a pile of therapy rather than jail when they commit crimes and then on the other hand if the culprit is too old they have some sort of mental illness and doesnt warrant jail time either. This society because of some misguided ideas and worse misguided laws have basically given these law breakers the impression that everything but themselves is to blame.... </div></div>

Right on

Madmax
10-24-2007, 06:09 PM
I say we get a MOB going and lynch the old fella, but after we find out why he did it and if he is mentally ill and if he is mentally ill we will try him and fry him for what he has done.... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

b&aMom
10-24-2007, 09:44 PM
http://www.soonews.ca/viewarticle.php?id=14625

Says a cut to the head and a broken elbow. Pellet gun. My grandmother was on the 2nd floor awaiting a nursing home room, until they got her into the Plummer site which I believe is the actual place she should have been. Betcha' dollars to doughnuts the man has dementia, given age and what happened. Betcha' he's awaiting nursing home placement, too.