PDA

View Full Version : Two guys taking pictures of kids at bus again

b&aMom
10-25-2007, 09:29 AM
Peeps in rural areas had better start a neighbourhood watch on kids getting on and off the buses. This time it was two guys together. Somebody's kid is gonna' get snatched, I swear. Scares the crap outta' me.

http://sootoday.com/content/news/full_story.asp?StoryNumber=28067

Simba
10-25-2007, 09:32 AM
I agree. What is this world coming to?

Madmax
10-25-2007, 09:42 AM
Well without knowing the intentions of the individuals we can not state truthfully whether or not it was for a unlawful desire.

In no case, parents definately need to be more on the look out for such things and i being a parent try to watch for such vehicles.

There was one this year around my area before school was out and it was a Black SUV older style Ford Explorer 1990-1994, black tinted windows with black roof rack and one guy was in it. He came around for about 5 days straight and parked 1-2 houses down from me in which a little girl gets off the bus there, also another little girl gets off about 4 houses down from the first one. He only came around when the bus was dropping the girl off. Then within minutes after the kids were off he left.

I informed all neigbours to watch out for this vehicle. One neighbour walked up to him on the last time he was around and have never seen The Vehicle since.

Now it is weird the description is very similar in the Thessalon area as it was here. I think, but not sure if one of the neighbours got his licence plate number, but i am not sure if they even still have it now, but i will try and see if i can find out if they do.

I never contacted the police nor did any neighbours cause there was no illegal thing happening. There is no law saying you can't park on the side of the road, but yes very suspicious for sure.

b&aMom
10-25-2007, 09:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MadMax</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well without knowing the intentions of the individuals we can not state truthfully whether or not it was for a unlawful desire. </div></div>

You're kidding me, right?

b&aMom
10-25-2007, 09:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MadMax</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I never contacted the police nor did any neighbours cause there was no illegal thing happening. There is no law saying you can't park on the side of the road, but yes very suspicious for sure.
</div></div>

Would you contact the police if someone was skulking about the neighbourhood, looking at houses from the sidewalk after your neighbours left for work? I can't believe you didn't report this to police. I would have in a heartbeat.

Madmax
10-25-2007, 10:00 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: b&amp;aMom</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MadMax</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well without knowing the intentions of the individuals we can not state truthfully whether or not it was for a unlawful desire. </div></div>

You're kidding me, right?</div></div>

No am i am not, can you 100% state fully if their intentions were unlawful?

Madmax
10-25-2007, 10:09 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: b&amp;aMom</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MadMax</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I never contacted the police nor did any neighbours cause there was no illegal thing happening. There is no law saying you can't park on the side of the road, but yes very suspicious for sure.
</div></div>

Would you contact the police if someone was skulking about the neighbourhood, looking at houses from the sidewalk after your neighbours left for work? I can't believe you didn't report this to police. I would have in a heartbeat.</div></div>

No as if they are on the sidewalk they are not breaking any laws, but i would inform the neighbours of such an individual. If they were in the ppls property then yes i would call then.

You have to remember that we can't be paranoid about all things ppl do, but yes always be on the look out for such behaviour.

terr994
10-25-2007, 10:50 AM
yea, phone the police just to be told that they can't do nothing about it, sure......I would stand out there with a baseball bat and wait for the suckers to come by again......best thing to do would get your kid to memorize the license plate....then call and they MIGHT do something....from other topics I've read...the popo will do natta.....

Verotik
10-25-2007, 10:51 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MadMax</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well without knowing the intentions of the individuals we can not state truthfully whether or not it was for a unlawful desire.

In no case, parents definately need to be more on the look out for such things and i being a parent try to watch for such vehicles.

There was one this year around my area before school was out and it was a Black SUV older style Ford Explorer 1990-1994, black tinted windows with black roof rack and one guy was in it. He came around for about 5 days straight and parked 1-2 houses down from me in which a little girl gets off the bus there, also another little girl gets off about 4 houses down from the first one. He only came around when the bus was dropping the girl off. Then within minutes after the kids were off he left.

I informed all neigbours to watch out for this vehicle. One neighbour walked up to him on the last time he was around and have never seen The Vehicle since.

Now it is weird the description is very similar in the Thessalon area as it was here. I think, but not sure if one of the neighbours got his licence plate number, but i am not sure if they even still have it now, but i will try and see if i can find out if they do.

I never contacted the police nor did any neighbours cause there was no illegal thing happening. There is no law saying you can't park on the side of the road, but yes very suspicious for sure.
</div></div>

maybe it was the kids dad making sure they got off the bus safe? who knows

Koss
10-25-2007, 11:45 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Itsonlyme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yea, phone the police just to be told that they can't do nothing about it, sure</div></div>

The news realease warning the public is from the police. Try again.

teddybear84
10-25-2007, 11:54 AM
I don't really care what the reason is for taking the pic. Why would someone just sit by and watch it. I mean really i would call the police and just have them look into things like that and have them investigate as to why this person is taking pics of someone's kid. I would freak if I found out that someone other than the school is taking pic of my son. My son has brought home a note to be signed to be able to have anyone at school to take pics of him as long as it was being used for school perposes. You can never be too careful.

Simba
10-25-2007, 12:10 PM
That's right teddybear. Do not underestimate anyone especially when it comes to your kids is what I say.

bouffant
10-25-2007, 01:39 PM
Has anyone ever thought that maybe they are investigators that could be investigating for CAS or maybe even for an insurance company? I knew a woman that put a claim into an insurance company for her daughter's injuries after getting into a car accident. She waa claiming that her child could barely walk or do any physical exercise and that she would be that way for the rest of her life. The insurance company investigated by doing the exact same thing, they watched from a distance as she stepped off of the bus and hop skip & jumped to her front door. It was all caught on video and still pictures. The woman lost her claim.

I'm surprised that no one has had the gumption to actually go up and speak to these people when they see them taking pictures. If this was taking place in my neighborhood and I saw it happening, I'd run out as fast as I can and start interrogating them.

crazymamma
10-25-2007, 01:56 PM

I called the police once when there was a suspicious vehicle with a guy just sitting there...they told me they would rather be bothered for no reason in cases like this especially when there is kids involved!!! They came out right away and talked to the guy.
Turned out to be a guy checking up on his kids...was going through a messy divorece. He left after the police talked with him.
Can you imagine if this wasn't the case and a child wwent missing....wouldn't want that on my concience. That's why it's better to be safe than sorry. Never be uncertain takes one phone call to the desk sargent to find out!

teddybear84
10-25-2007, 06:33 PM
I'm surprised that no one has had the gumption to actually go up and speak to these people when they see them taking pictures. If this was taking place in my neighborhood and I saw it happening, I'd run out as fast as I can and start interrogating them. [/quote]

I don't mean to sound rude but you really run out and talk to someone and chance them having a gun and pulling it out on shooting you? I would rather just have the police deal with that this way they can handle themselves thats what they are there fore. Their job is to serve and protect.

dancingqueen
10-25-2007, 06:45 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: b&aMom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Peeps in rural areas had better start a neighbourhood watch on kids getting on and off the buses. This time it was two guys together. Somebody's kid is gonna' get snatched, I swear. Scares the crap outta' me.

http://sootoday.com/content/news/full_story.asp?StoryNumber=28067 </div></div>

ya, you gotta watch out for those people stealing cameras I would say this is nothing to worry about if you have already taught your kids about the whol not getting in a car with a stranger thing... Remmber passwords? We used those when I was a kid If the adult doesn't know the password I walk with my friends.

teddybear84
10-25-2007, 07:05 PM
That is a vary neat idea. I have never heard about that one. My oldest is 5 and vary stubborn. I am trying to get him out of telling everyone what his whole name is. I try to sit down and talk to him but its like it goes in one ear and out the other. I even read him this book that we got from his book orders at school about never talking to strangers. I just hope that if the time comes that someone does come up to him he doesn't go with them or talk to them.

10-25-2007, 07:27 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: b&amp;aMom</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MadMax</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well without knowing the intentions of the individuals we can not state truthfully whether or not it was for a unlawful desire. </div></div>

You're kidding me, right?</div></div>

With all the missing kid reports, maybe it is the real parents father, looking for his kidnapped kid.

everyone is too quick to assume.