PDA

View Full Version : Caution: hiring a babysitter in the Sault (sad)

kinkysquiggles
10-25-2007, 02:55 PM
I hired a babysitter a while back and she seemed very nice. Well I guess she was nice, but she stole my check book and a lot of $$$$. So please when hiring a babysitter, get a police check done.....sad isn't it?????

msmiths
10-25-2007, 03:09 PM
had the same deal here a few years ago

she rifled the jewels right into her pocket

as a matter of fact she was even a member on here then
but not now, at least not active in some years

yep get refs and check them out esp for the sake of the kids

billy42s_little_sis
10-25-2007, 03:25 PM
That's scary...I've had bad experiences with babysitters....now I stick with family. If no one in my family is available to watch my son then I'm staying home...

Babzz
10-25-2007, 04:48 PM
sad /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif
I had a diamond and ruby heart shaped ring stolen once from a sitter.
It was given to me on my first mothers day.. I still wanna cry when I think about it

so sorry that happened to you princess. Better alert the bank about what happened!!

TPK
10-25-2007, 04:53 PM
I don't mind babysitting if the kids are well behaved, but I don't have a car /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif When I was younger and babysitting was what I did for spending money the thought to steal from the people NEVER entered my mind. What's with these kids today?

kuietgrl (got lost)
10-25-2007, 05:43 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: moneytalks$$$mine_says_bye</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If no one in my family is available to watch my son then I'm staying home... </div></div>

Same here. If either my aunt or sister in law can't watch her, I don't go.

shelby
10-25-2007, 05:59 PM
sounds like the bad ones are ruining it for the good sitters. Thats too bad I totally understand but their are still some nice and honest sitters out their. I know of a couple.

b&aMom
10-25-2007, 06:08 PM
That's just sad. I babysat for neighbours on a very regular basis from the time I was 11 until I was 18. I made a lot of money in those years, and I'm sure they trusted me, having seen me grow up and knowing my parents. I never would have dreamed of stealing from any of them...not just because it was wrong, but they were neighbours, friends of the family. One even used to leave a pack of smokes on the counter for me in case I ran out of my own before they got home, if they decided to stay out really late. (it was the 70s/80s LOL )

DogsRule
10-25-2007, 06:11 PM
I just never go out! hahaha

DogsRule
10-25-2007, 06:12 PM
Oh, but I remember being really young and our sitter stealing cartons of smokes from my parents and $

10-25-2007, 07:11 PM
I would never have hired a baby sitter that I did not know well enough to trust. How can you trust your babies/children to someone you don't know??

teddybear84
10-25-2007, 07:28 PM
I can't believe that people are that disrespectful. I babysat for years and I have never done anything like that. I now have two kids of my own and I have never left them with anyone besides my mom or my mother in law. If I did post for a sitter on her man there would be a big time screening process and I would has for refs and police check as well. I wouldn't take any chances. My children are my life. I would be lost without them. I am afreaid to leave them with anyone other than family. My children have never even been in daycare.

chase_me
10-25-2007, 08:03 PM
I hired a sitter who stole some movies and stuff from me (like i wasn't going to notice 20 movies missing) and then tried to sell them here on soonet, knownig full well i was an active member lol. I fired her instantly and hired Katste and Dilli /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif