PDA

View Full Version : Fasting

DogsRule
10-25-2007, 11:06 PM
I am considering fasting for a short time to start me out. I was wondering if anyone else has fasted before and I am wanting to know what I should know and how to get started.

I will be making a dr's appt and seeing if my dr will supervise me.

Thanks!

Jackie B
10-27-2007, 12:56 PM
I fasted for a week before. However, the first two days of it, we were all sick with diarrhea and vomitting, and they say if you can get past the third day it's easy, so I sort of cheated. LOL It was a true water fast.

Are you planning on doing a juice, or water fast? I would suggest spending a day or two eating just raw foods, and some form of fibre, as if you fast you won't have any bowel movements after the first day or two, and you don't want stoll sitting in your intestines. If you are doing a water fast, do a couple of days of raw food, 1 day of juice only, then move to water.

I have some friends that have recently done 10 day fasts of fresh squeezed lemon juice, maple syrup, and a pinch of cayenne pepper. The lemon helps flush out the junk out of your system, the syrup gives you energy, and the cayenne accelerates fat loss, if that's your goal. I'm not sure of the ratios, you can probably find it online.

DogsRule
10-27-2007, 02:39 PM
I was thinking of doing a juice fast to start me out, then water with lemon. Thanks Jackie, do you think you could ask your friends for the guidelines for me?

I def. want this to be safe, and I want to be prepared.

For me this will be a toxic cleanse, weight loss, spiritual, and to get back to me type of fast.

Jackie B
10-27-2007, 04:17 PM
I will ask them tomorrow. I am planning to do one as soon as I'm done nursing. I have been suffering from back and neck pain and headaches probably 4-5 days a week for over a month now. I just feel toxic. Another 2-3 months and I'll be cleaning house too. LOL

DogsRule
10-27-2007, 07:02 PM
hehe great thank you!

everywoman
10-28-2007, 10:31 PM
Here's a link you might find interesting...

http://www.falconblanco.com/health/cleansing/lemoncleanse.htm

Jackie B
10-29-2007, 01:15 AM
Yep, that's the one they did. The daughter that did it came out of her fast slowly, not sure about the mom and dad. Only orange juice was added the first day, then fruit the next, etc. I have looked for the grade B maple Syrup and haven't found it yet. If anyone locates it, please let me know.

DogsRule
10-29-2007, 01:20 AM
Thanks so much! Will look into it!

nightingale
10-29-2007, 03:01 AM
several years ago I did the water, lemon juice, maple syrup and cayenne pepper fast. It was supposed to last for 2 weeks (maybe 3?) I think. After about 5 days I really started to feel light-headed and a bit delirious. My stomach was getting crampy and I was REALLY hungry! I finally gave up and ATE at day 6. I don't exactly remember what it was I ate, but it was real food and it tasted amazing! Of course it didn't sit too well, and the eating over the next few days weren't the best either....the system takes a little while to catch up. I had lost about 8 pounds in that fasting week, but instantly put it back on. The fast to me wasn't worth it - did nothing.

Jackie B
10-29-2007, 08:13 AM
When I did mine, I lost ten pounds, and actually, I only fasted for 5 1/2 days. I didn't do mine for weight loss though, and that won't be my goal when I do it again, although it's a nice side effect.

My goal is to get the toxins out, which fasting is very efficient at. When I did it the last timer, my lower back ached SOOO bad for a couple of day, I could barely get out of bed. That's from all the poisons rapidly flushing out of your intestines. It's kind of scary to think how toxic I was.

everywoman
10-29-2007, 09:15 AM
Or you could just go to a naturopath and get a colonic and get it over with! Been there done that....not too bad over all.

DogsRule
10-29-2007, 10:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nightingale</div><div class="ubbcode-body">several years ago I did the water, lemon juice, maple syrup and cayenne pepper fast. It was supposed to last for 2 weeks (maybe 3?) I think. After about 5 days I really started to feel light-headed and a bit delirious. My stomach was getting crampy and I was REALLY hungry! I finally gave up and ATE at day 6. I don't exactly remember what it was I ate, but it was real food and it tasted amazing! Of course it didn't sit too well, and the eating over the next few days weren't the best either....the system takes a little while to catch up. I had lost about 8 pounds in that fasting week, but instantly put it back on. The fast to me wasn't worth it - did nothing. </div></div>

For some people, fasting just doesn't work, and they should NOT try it. Personally, I'm not looking for a weight loss thing, but hey, would be a great upside!

I drag myself around place to place each day. I am just EXHAUSTED! And if you know me, you would know that normally, I am a very active (normally coined as "hyper") person.

I want that person back! Its sad, I have a hard time waking up and when I'm up, all I can think about is going to bed.

The doctors don't know what's wrong, so I am trying anything and everything.