PDA

View Full Version : AMBER ALERT from Sudbury (Cancelled-Baby Found)

ctf
11-01-2007, 05:20 PM
http://images.ctv.ca/archives/CTVNews/img2/20071101/450_amber_suspect_071101.jpg

Amber Alert issued after newborn girl taken from Sudbury hospital
Last Updated: Thursday, November 1, 2007 | 5:02 PM ET
CBC News

Police in Sudbury, Ont., have issued an Amber Alert for a newborn girl they allege was taken from a hospital by an unidentified woman wearing clothing to make it appear she was on staff.

Investigators said the woman, who is not related to the child, walked out of the St. Joseph site of the Sudbury Regional Hospital with the infant at around 1 p.m. ET Thursday.

Police in Sudbury, Ont., have released this image of a woman in connection with the Amber Alert issued Thursday afternoon after a baby girl was taken from St. Joseph's hospital.

The baby is described as Caucasian, with dark hair and bruising on her face. She was wearing a white flannel hospital gown and was wrapped in a white blanket.

Police described the woman as aboriginal, five-foot-six, slim and between 26 and 30 years old.

She was wearing white pants, a white V-neck shirt and a black sweater, and had her black hair in a ponytail.

The woman's clothing appeared similar to garb staff would wear on a daily basis, said Sudbury police Const. Bert Lapalme.

"Anyone looking at the picture will understand that this suspect wanted to make believe to the people in the hospital that she was staff, Lapalme told CBC News. "The suspect's appearance could easily fool a number of people."

Investigators said she may have boarded a city bus.

Sudbury hospital officials said the facility has been locked down, meaning no one is allowed in or out, while more than 100 police officers were canvassing the area.

"We have officers scouring the city," Lapalme said.

Police issue an Amber Alert when they believe a child has been abducted and may be in imminent danger. The system is a quick-response strategy in which descriptions of victims and suspects are broadcast on radio, television and highway information signs within minutes of a suspected child abduction.

Broadcasters are asked to put the information on the air as soon as they receive it, and anyone seeing someone who matches the description is urged to call police right away.

The program is named for a nine-year-old Texas girl who was kidnapped and murdered in 1996.

tippikitty
11-01-2007, 05:23 PM
Wow! I really hope they find this baby safe!

Thanks for posting.

MaO3
11-01-2007, 05:27 PM
I had just heard that on my way home from work today on the 5:00 news. The poor mother of that little one must be beside herself.

I sure hope for a happy ending on this one.

chase_me
11-01-2007, 05:27 PM
ty for posting this my heart is breaking for the babys parents and family, i cannot imagine someone taking your child and the fear you would feel

blueeyedgirl
11-01-2007, 05:28 PM
I was just about to post that. I hope the baby is found safe and unharmed. Parents must be going nuts right now.

hp2
11-01-2007, 05:29 PM
HOLLY [censored]!!! THat poor family!!!! WOW THATS screwed, but here when you have a baby its either in neonatel or its in the room with you!! how is it in sudbury, I ?ed anyone when they took my child if I was not able to go while in the hospital, I wanted prof of employment!!

THATS SCARY!!!!!!!

Might I add the lady in the pic looks beside herself anyways!!!

ctf
11-01-2007, 06:07 PM
Keep your eyes open as they may be headed this way!

mboy67
11-01-2007, 06:16 PM
yes sad I have been following this all afternoon as it was On CBC radio

Simba
11-01-2007, 06:19 PM
wow that's awful. That poor mother must be going through hell. I hope the baby is found safe and sound.

bouffant
11-01-2007, 06:19 PM
I don't know about anyone else but I am pretty sure i've seen that face around in our city. Have no idea who it is, but definitley looks familiar.

hemi_69
11-01-2007, 06:22 PM
I thought the same thing but no clue where and the picture is to blurry

mags
11-01-2007, 06:30 PM
Horrible news lets hope the baby is found soon and safe.

Maryms
11-01-2007, 06:36 PM
Yes she to me also looks familar, i swear from this town, but we can be wrong and mistaken identity.

Keep your eyes peeled ppl as this is a BABY were talking about and the thing that pisses me of the most is why the frig do ppl do these things.

Go get laid and have your own baby or adopt one for crine out load.

I hope they find this baby soon and put that lady behind bars or a mental institution.

Super Gram
11-01-2007, 07:03 PM
They have everything blocked off. Good luck in fiding this baby.If she had done this in theUSA she would never get out of jail.Kidnapping

Sassybitch73
11-01-2007, 07:27 PM
I just pray for the safe return of the baby girl to her parents. As for this lady that abducted the baby...as the saying goes "what comes around, goes around". I hope she pays and pays big. But something tells me for her to go about doing this, explains one thing to me...and that is this...that she can't have children, that she can't afford to adopt, and therefore, found no other resource but to abduct a baby from a hospital. Sad sad sad! I can't imagine what the parents are going through...I'd wanna knock her into next year!!

Babzz
11-01-2007, 07:37 PM
I saw that on the news too..
heartbreaking..

Sweet Little Sister
11-01-2007, 07:40 PM
omg.. i can't even begin to imagine the pain that poor mother is going thru not knowing where her baby is.

Sunflower1
11-01-2007, 08:16 PM
Wow that happened SO close to home! Its scary. Any updates on this?

Huggy85
11-01-2007, 08:40 PM
http://www.thesudburystar.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=759309&auth=Lara+Bradley%2FThe+Sudbury+Star

Press conference scheduled for 9:00. There's a different picture, with her holding the baby, in this article.

Dreamin
11-01-2007, 09:11 PM
Baby was found safe and sound. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/purpbanana.gif

hemi_69
11-01-2007, 09:12 PM
was just about to post that lol, Baby was found safe in Kirkland Lake area
YAY

chase_me
11-01-2007, 09:12 PM
I WAS JUST COMING TO POST THAT

Babzz
11-01-2007, 09:18 PM
/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/purpbanana.gif
that is great!!!!

Jackie B
11-01-2007, 09:30 PM
Wow, I wouldn't want to be the girl now. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

houlegan
11-01-2007, 09:47 PM
So Happy that baby was found. Good thing for cameras in the hospital! Big Brother helped here for sure.

Maryms
11-01-2007, 10:04 PM
Good news to hear the baby was found and i hope they find out why this 19 year girl did what she did.

Macs II
11-01-2007, 10:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BaRtHo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good news to hear the baby was found and i hope they find out why this 19 year girl did what she did.

</div></div>

who cares why she did it ...just let her rot in jail until she dies.

Simba
11-01-2007, 10:17 PM
Awesome news she was found!!

I agree with Macs.

mboy67
11-01-2007, 10:18 PM
defiantly good news

Super Gram
11-01-2007, 11:05 PM
Good News!!!!!!!!!!

chase_me
11-02-2007, 12:11 AM
all hospitals should have what a few in the states do where the baby wears a special bracelet and if they go too far from the box thingy all the doors lock down and an alarm sounds.

hp2
11-02-2007, 07:06 AM
The poor mother!! Wish her the best of luck, and SHES going to be one protective mother with all rights to be!!!!!!!!!!

Simba
11-02-2007, 08:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chase_Me</div><div class="ubbcode-body">all hospitals should have what a few in the states do where the baby wears a special bracelet and if they go too far from the box thingy all the doors lock down and an alarm sounds. </div></div>

good idea!

hemi_69
11-02-2007, 09:09 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hp2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The poor mother!! Wish her the best of luck, and SHES going to be one protective mother with all rights to be!!!!!!!!!! </div></div>

Absolutly, as I'm sure anyone would be. I can't even imagine what must be going through the mother's mind right now after all she has been through, thank go dthe baby has no idea what happened though

Sunflower1
11-02-2007, 01:33 PM
I want to know WHY that woman took that baby? What would make her take a random baby like this from the hospital without knowing who the parents are or have some kind of connection? Is there something mentaly wrong with her??

chase_me
11-02-2007, 06:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BaRtHo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good news to hear the baby was found and i hope they find out why this 19 year girl did what she did.

</div></div>

she is 29 not 19 and good for the housekeeping staff being observant enough to see that somethign was wrong.

Huggy85
11-02-2007, 06:20 PM
This is by no means a funny situation, but the MCTV report at 6 made me laugh. A couple people in Kirkland Lake were interviewed to get their opinion about what happened. One woman's assessment was that "it must have had something to do with drugs".

I didn't get the connection there, and had to laugh.

I'm very glad the whole thing was resolved as quickly as it was....kudos to everyone involved. The only good thing, I guess, is that this baby will never remember any of what happened.