PDA

View Full Version : **Christmas**

sage
11-02-2007, 11:11 AM
So - whats hot this year? What the heck is new & exciting for teenagers? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif
How many days? Are ya feeling pressured by the complete transformation the stores do overnight from Halloween to Christmas? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif

I ♥ Christmas - but havent a clue what to get my teens.

Whos got teens & what ya getting them or hoping to get them besides socks,acne cream and undies? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/Coffee.gif

italiandomino
11-02-2007, 11:12 AM
A box of condoms would be good for the kids, they are doing it anyways, might as well make sure they are protected

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
11-02-2007, 11:13 AM
Ipods, DVDs, CDs

sage
11-02-2007, 11:15 AM
I don't have to get those, the school gives them boxes of condoms. I can't believe how many condoms my three kids have between themselves. Over 100 from the schools handing them out.

Well protected!

People still buy CDs?

newman
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ItalianDomino</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A box of condoms would be good for the kids, they are doing it anyways, might as well make sure they are protected </div></div>

You sir are a buffoon.

SusyQ
6th where did you get Molly lol

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
11-02-2007, 11:17 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SusyQ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">6th where did you get Molly lol </div></div>

BANNED

Add
11-02-2007, 11:29 AM
I like christmas for the spirit (not religious) and the festivites of the season.

I usually ask for a few new tshirts or a sweater.

cutie22
11-02-2007, 11:29 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sage</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't have to get those, the school gives them boxes of condoms. I can't believe how many condoms my three kids have between themselves. Over 100 from the schools handing them out.

Well protected!

People still buy CDs?
</div></div>

Occasionally people still buy cds. My mom use to have me make up a list of what I wanted because she could never figure it out. Aim for the big interests.

Babzz
11-02-2007, 11:30 AM
my pre teen wants a wii system. I am afraid he is gonna be disappointed christmas morning

MelissaBrian
11-02-2007, 11:31 AM
My little girl got a rocking horse...hubby still has to put the rockers on .
the boys were not done yet...still got alot of shopping to do for our kids...We have one teen to shopp for she is 13 and i have no idea what to get her .

blueeyedgirl
11-02-2007, 11:41 AM
I love christmas holidays. Love the fact that family and friends gather and have a great time! My little man is still a little man not a teen yet. He is a hard one to shop for though because he doesnt play with toys. Have a teen to buy for this year though. She is going to be 15 soon and no clue what is in for teens right now.

RUNNER
11-02-2007, 12:22 PM
Try having a 7 year old girl who only likes dinosaurs. Now she is hard to buy for. Pretty soon she will have everything dinosaur related that you can buy. I am glad my other daughter likes the girly stuff.

chase_me
11-02-2007, 01:32 PM
my boys are getting a wii a cpl of games and some other small things, mind you they are only 7 and 8. The baby is getting the things she NEEDS from santa. Diapers, wipes, a highchair a cpl of toys

Babzz
11-02-2007, 02:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blueeyedgirl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love christmas holidays. Love the fact that family and friends gather and have a great time! My little man is still a little man not a teen yet. He is a hard one to shop for though because he doesnt play with toys. Have a teen to buy for this year though. She is going to be 15 soon and no clue what is in for teens right now. </div></div>

anything digital lol
camera, cell phone, ipod

Sara
11-02-2007, 02:39 PM
Our teen loves stuff to pretty herself up. Hair straightener, hair sprays/gels, good-smelling shampoo/conditioner, anything with sparkles, nice jeans, nice shirts, nail polish, hand lotion that smells good, lip gloss, earrings...anything like that. She loves to read too and loves music so books are always a good gift for her. She loves stuff with her name on it so I've found a couple things like that through the year too and picked them up.

On the other hand, I have 3 nephews and a niece to buy for and because we rarely see them, I have no idea what they're into anymore or what they've got, so I have no clue what to buy them.

nightingale
11-02-2007, 03:42 PM
Sara, give them gift cards!

MelissaBrian
11-02-2007, 04:00 PM
yes gifts cards are a good idea...they can get what they want!
instead of getting somthing there not gonna be completely happy with ...good idea!

Jackie B
11-02-2007, 04:24 PM
We're running away from Christmas this year. LOL My kids will still get stuff from Grammas, Grampas, Aunts and Uncles. We're going to Great Wolf Lodge this year instead of buying a bunch of stuff they probably won't use after a day or two anyway.

everywoman
11-02-2007, 04:47 PM
Great idea Jackie!!

Jackie B
11-02-2007, 04:52 PM
Thanks Everywoman. I'm excited about it. You know, when I think back to the things that mattered in my childhood, none of it involved stuff. I remember things like going camping, going to the science center with my Dad, going to the park, my gramma's camp, etc. We're going to make memories for Christmas. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Simba
11-02-2007, 05:00 PM
Good idea. Unfortunately, Christmas has lost it's meaning we are all guilty of falling into that.

Karen-Annie
11-02-2007, 05:06 PM
Well,one thing I don't have to worry about this year is decorating. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif With the wacko Paddy O'Malley young cat in our household there is absolutely NO sense in putting anything up!! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif We've had years in the past where the pets have precluded decorating so I doesn't bother me.

Tutones
11-02-2007, 05:07 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nightingale</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sara, give them gift cards! </div></div>

I have noticed that you can buy gift cards now for music downloads such as itunes etc... great for teens to fill their ipods with music.

everywoman
11-02-2007, 05:11 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Simba</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good idea. Unfortunately, Christmas has lost it's meaning we are all guilty of falling into that. </div></div>

I agree Simba. I've been singing that tune for years now. It seems to be all about the gifts. I remember a few years ago, I gave everyone gift baskets with all homeade goodies that I had spent hours upon hours making (candles, jams etc.). Some people really loved it, and with others it got only lukewarm reception. I was hurt. Like...wtf people!

Karen-Annie
11-02-2007, 05:15 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: everywoman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Simba</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good idea. Unfortunately, Christmas has lost it's meaning we are all guilty of falling into that. </div></div>

I agree Simba. I've been singing that tune for years now. It seems to be all about the gifts. I remember a few years ago, I gave everyone gift baskets with all homeade goodies that I had spent hours upon hours making (candles, jams etc.). Some people really loved it, and with others it got only lukewarm reception. I was hurt. Like...wtf people! </div></div>

If some of them don't want their basket,I'll take it...AND I'll give you a smile and big hug with sincere thanks!!! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

everywoman
11-02-2007, 05:16 PM
Thanks KA!

evernew
11-02-2007, 05:33 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: everywoman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Simba</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good idea. Unfortunately, Christmas has lost it's meaning we are all guilty of falling into that. </div></div>

I agree Simba. I've been singing that tune for years now. It seems to be all about the gifts. I remember a few years ago, I gave everyone gift baskets with all homeade goodies that I had spent hours upon hours making (candles, jams etc.). Some people really loved it, and with others it got only lukewarm reception. I was hurt. Like...wtf people!</div></div>

those are the most meaningful gifts that you can give, your heart, time and thoughtfulness goes into these type of gifts, I would be tempted to say anyone who would not appreciate these type of gifts over something boughten out of a store doesn't deserve a gift, I think that you should continue with this type of gift, I would be so happy to receive a gift so full of love, time and thoughtfulness

Simba
11-02-2007, 06:28 PM
I agree evernew!

adigirl
11-02-2007, 09:10 PM
One year we were not able to buy gifts for anyone but our nephew (this was before we had our own kids). That year our gift to everyone was to tell them in a letter what they have taught us about being a good person (respect, hard work, sacrifice, unconditional love, etc).

hp2
11-02-2007, 09:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Karen-annie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well,one thing I don't have to worry about this year is decorating. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif With the wacko Paddy O'Malley young cat in our household there is absolutely NO sense in putting anything up!! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif We've had years in the past where the pets have precluded decorating so I doesn't bother me. </div></div>

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif IM yet to see how its going to be with three of my fuzzbutts running around, IM sure they will be in the tree amongest other things!! ahhhhh but I love my ferrets!!!

Babzz
11-02-2007, 09:18 PM
I am making most of my gifts this year.
Buying for my son only.

tippikitty
11-02-2007, 09:26 PM
I bought my first Christmas present back in February. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif

everywoman
11-02-2007, 09:35 PM
I'm going to Sudbury next weekend and getting it all done in one shot!!