PDA

View Full Version : I hope my kids don't read this...

Simba
11-06-2007, 04:48 PM
http://www.sootoday.com/content/news/full_story.asp?StoryNumber=28337

Here we are trying to teach our kids not to steal!! Perfect role model.
(shakes head)

italiandomino
11-06-2007, 06:25 PM
innocent until proven guilty

dancingqueen
11-07-2007, 06:24 AM
He turned himself in... I hope if anything kids learn that admitting fault is better than not... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

Otherwise, I would totaly agree with you. and I think he deserves some form of admiration in that he admitted his guilt.

Maryms
11-07-2007, 08:31 AM
Throw the book at him as the courts would do so to anyone else.

Simba
11-07-2007, 08:44 AM
The cop turned himself in ID damn you.

I agree Bartho.

Simba
11-07-2007, 08:46 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dancingqueen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He turned himself in... I hope if anything kids learn that admitting fault is better than not... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

Otherwise, I would totaly agree with you. and I think he deserves some form of admiration in that he admitted his guilt. </div></div>

I didn't really think of that DQ, but yes admitting to guilt is saying something somewhat positive. Something I continually teach my boys is making mistakes is allowed because they are going to make them through their lives. Admitting to the their wrongs and owning up to it will make all of the difference in the world. It will make them better men in the future.

newman
11-07-2007, 10:14 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Simba</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The cop turned himself in ID damn you.

I agree Bartho. </div></div>

All it says is he turned himself in, most likely at their request. What alternative did he have? Make a run for it? It does not mean that he has admitted guilt nor should anyone assume his guilt. What about that Mullins fella that spent all those years in jail? Pretty quick to forget.

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
11-07-2007, 10:36 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dancingqueen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He turned himself in... I hope if anything kids learn that admitting fault is better than not... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

Otherwise, I would totaly agree with you. and I think he deserves some form of admiration in that he admitted his guilt. </div></div>

So we should commend him about being honest for being a criminal? lol

Simba
11-07-2007, 10:37 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: newman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Simba</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The cop turned himself in ID damn you.

I agree Bartho. </div></div>

All it says is he turned himself in, most likely at their request. What alternative did he have? Make a run for it? It does not mean that he has admitted guilt nor should anyone assume his guilt. What about that Mullins fella that spent all those years in jail? Pretty quick to forget. </div></div>

Well why would he admit to doing something like that if he didn't do it?

The Chronic Liar
11-07-2007, 10:46 AM
When it says someone turned themselves in it usually means they know the police are looking for them but they are saving the police the trouble of going out and getting them. It doesnt mean you admitted to anything

newman
11-07-2007, 11:34 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When it says someone turned themselves in it usually means they know the police are looking for them but they are saving the police the trouble of going out and getting them. It doesnt mean you admitted to anything </div></div>

Thanks RB. That's the point I was making also. People really do not believe that you are innocent till proven guilty, and in some circumstances you are still innocent after being proved guilty. (Mullins case)