Xibit
11-09-2007, 03:08 PM
got

Xibit
11-09-2007, 03:09 PM
agvtvrvg

nugnug
11-13-2007, 07:25 PM
I have been out a few times but there seems to be a lot of wolves and coyotes around this year. Haven't seen any deer but I saw lots of wolf tracks and ran into 6 coyotes.

J*B
11-14-2007, 09:28 AM
I have also seen a lot of wolf tracks and very few deer tracks, the deer are definitely moving at night before we ever get into the bush and all day long has been deadsville, no luck with pushing yet either.
Hope that will change before Saturday as it is the last day.
Moose, that's a different story they seem to be all over the place including my back yard!!

Babzz
11-14-2007, 09:42 AM
My bro and bro-in law are on st. Joes and thier party shot three so far. Poor bambi /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

J*B
11-14-2007, 10:06 AM
St. Joes is a different story, the deer are like flies there that's why it's a short season, usually only 5 days, but 7 this year I believe.. should have been over last Sunday there.
Most of us don't have property to hunt on there so we have to hunt the main land on crown land. Not so sure I'd want to hunt on the island any more as years ago I was walking out of the bush on a road near Hilton near dark and a vehicle approached from the other direction, I noticed three deer in the headlights between me and them then 3 guys filed out of a pickup and opened fire at them, I came real close to catching a bullet!

nugnug
11-14-2007, 10:27 PM
Just got back from St. Joes at my uncles out near the fort.we got a spike today but it is the first deer they have seen in three weeks. They also haven't seen any turkeys or partridge which have been abundant around their camp for 2 years. They are having big problems with wolves and coyotes down there as well. Apparently the island is getting over run with these animals as well. As for the yo-yos jumping out of their car and shooting at deer, road hunting is illegal and it is clowns like that which give us law biding hunters a bad name. St Joes has had problem with idiots like this for years I only wish they would catch these people and then hunters wouldnt have such a bad name..

Babzz
11-14-2007, 10:31 PM
my bro said you can hear the wolves howling away at night.. ekkk

FuZzY
11-15-2007, 10:41 AM
time to start hunting the wolves then. wolf and coyotes are open all year on St. Joe's. just gotta buy a game seal. and its open from Sept 15th to March 31 in all other zones around here.

FuZzY
11-15-2007, 10:51 AM
you actually dont need to buy the game seal on the island. only in 35 and 36 if you are hunting wolves or coyotes out there. but on St. Joe's the small game takes care of them.. HAPPY HUNTING

Residentís wolf/coyote game seal (maximum of two per
year) (available from ServiceOntario) ...................... $9.35
In order to hunt wolves or coyotes in the specified
WMUs, a resident must have a wolf/coyote game seal,
an Outdoors Card and a small game licence tag.

J*B
11-15-2007, 11:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FuZzY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">time to start hunting the wolves then. wolf and coyotes are open all year on St. Joe's. just gotta buy a game seal. and its open from Sept 15th to March 31 in all other zones around here. </div></div>

Those critters are pretty wily, rare to even see one much less get a shot at it!
Usually see them when pushing a parcel of land for deer with a few hunters and they are forced to evacuate, but if you don't have quite a few people to cover the area well then they seem to escape unseen!

J*B
11-15-2007, 11:56 AM
Only two more days after today and then it's over for another year!
Going later on to sit til dark near a run in the area, a neighbor got an 8 pointer there a few days back, but this guy has horseshoes.. you know the type!

FuZzY
11-15-2007, 04:38 PM
i got one last chance tommorow afternoon. off at noon heading to echo bay.. then its back to shooting birds

J*B
11-15-2007, 06:22 PM
Us too, heading back to Leeburn area yet again.. It's been brutal so far. My chum has a doe tag too and we haven't yet filled it, hopefully tomorrow or Saturday!

FuZzY
11-16-2007, 12:42 PM
good luck to you JB. im getting ready to leave right now

J*B
11-17-2007, 09:18 AM
A little too cool to stand in the bush this morning for hours on end (was -9), so I'll wait until this evening and give it one last chance.
My friend missed one yesterday first thing as after the first shot his semi auto rifle jammed. He wasn't impressed!
We tried another spot closer to Echo bay last evening and I came face to face with an elk that was laying down having a rest!

DOGWALKER1
11-18-2007, 01:27 AM
our party got 5 bruce mines area

J*B
11-18-2007, 08:42 AM
Well season is over for another year, we ended up with a couple of moose but no deer this year thanks to a jammed rifle!

nugnug
11-18-2007, 12:20 PM
Just finished hunting deer for the season. Another year with no deer to put in the freezer. I saw the usual does but the bucks just dont want to cooperate. Also saw an unussual amount of rabbits and birds so I will be going back to get me some. Talked to a lot of people around and everyone is seeing tons of coyote and wolf tracks.......

Xibit
11-27-2007, 03:05 PM
Pritty good this year we were alot warmer since we rented a cabin. We got one fawn in 36.

AmdWolfman
11-28-2007, 12:31 PM
why would you kill a fawn?